Special ammo.

madman001able
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
What do you guys/gals think about being able to carry special ammo types like armor piercing, incendiary, or explosive? It would have to be a restricted amount of course. Maybe call it in as a reinforcement option, or it takes up a gadget slot?

Comments

• I-Soldat-I
    1640 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well there's going to be "faster bullets" as an option to upgrade to
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds great on paper as well as in your mind.. but, maybe next Battlefield... Or on a later new content update for certain guns.. if they were to impliment this system nearly 40% of the whole TTK and TTD system would need to get reworked that's taking time off other things that are more important like the netcode and hit registration for TTD.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sounds great on paper as well as in your mind.. but, maybe next Battlefield... Or on a later new content update for certain guns.. if they were to impliment this system nearly 40% of the whole TTK and TTD system would need to get reworked that's taking time off other things that are more important like the netcode and hit registration for TTD.

Battlefield 1 have K-bullets, machine guns with incendiary ammo, etc

But IMHO explosive ammo should be added

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Ehhhhh, netcoding is overrated. lol.
  • smokintom214
    1794 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

This has not been mentioned by the dev team for bfv.. however there's ALOT that was disabled in the beta.. but, I don't see this being added.. there are already alot of variables going on right now with the mechanics as it is.
  • madman001able

This has not been mentioned by the dev team for bfv.. however there's ALOT that was disabled in the beta.. but, I don't see this being added.. there are already alot of variables going on right now with the mechanics as it is.

There is just ALOT in general when it comes to WW2 gear, and vehicles/aircraft.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    517 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    There are a lot of ammo types,

rounds_001.gif

Anyway, i will love to see more types of ammo for shotguns, like dragon breath. On Fallout New Vegas, an semi auto or lever action shotgun at CQB with dragon breath rounds can make you feel like an dragon,

IMHO you should be able to choose your ammo type(even if is just one mag of special ammo)
    - Sniper : Explosive bullet or AP(armor piercing)
    - LMG : Armor piercing, incendiary, or APIT(armor piercing incendiary tracer), maybe MIXED BELTS TOO
    - Semi auto rifles : APIT, explosive, AP, API
    - Shotguns : Buckshot, cutshot, slugs, dragon breath, flechette, slugs armor piercing
    - SMG/Pisol : Hollow point
  • staryoshi06
    202 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

rounds_001.gif

Anyway, i will love to see more types of ammo for shotguns, like dragon breath. On Fallout New Vegas, an semi auto or lever action shotgun at CQB with dragon breath rounds can make you feel like an dragon,

IMHO you should be able to choose your ammo type(even if is just one mag of special ammo)
    - LMG : Armor piercing, incendiary, or APIT(armor piercing incendiary tracer), maybe MIXED BELTS TOO
    - Shotguns : Buckshot, cutshot, slugs, dragon breath, flechette, slugs armor piercing

Isn't dragon's breath ammunition absolutely useless in real life?
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

rounds_001.gif

Isn't dragon's breath ammunition absolutely useless in real life?

From wiki

“It may also be used as a less-than-lethal option for self-/home-defense, although the less-than-lethal aspect and safety are disputed, as the magnesium shards burn at approximately 3,000 °F (1,650 °C), which is more than enough to light a person, or house, on fire”

If firing at a person at close range it could set them on fire. I dunno about you but I wouldnt want that stuff in the face.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Only fun you can have in this game (besides cosmetics):

DICE, please :)
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I remember the hate mail I got in the beta of cod ww2 for using those things.

That was the only thing I had fun with the rest of that game made me rage quit
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

On FNV, just for a 12 gauge shotgun, you can use : bean bag, coin shot, magnum, slug, 4/0 buck, 4/0 buck magnum hand load, dragon's breath, flechette, pulse slug (source http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/12_gauge_shotgun_shell_(Fallout:_New_Vegas) )
  • Imabaka70

On FNV, just for a 12 gauge shotgun, you can use : bean bag, coin shot, magnum, slug, 4/0 buck, 4/0 buck magnum hand load, dragon's breath, flechette, pulse slug (source http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/12_gauge_shotgun_shell_(Fallout:_New_Vegas) )

Man it’s been a while since I played new Vegas.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

Man it’s been a while since I played new Vegas.

Most RPG's that i play are usually old ones. I don't know any good modern rpg except pathfinder kingmaker. I mentioned FNV because was a game that did a good job with ammo
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No I would not want this, any addition would screw too much with the balance. Faster bullets are a stupid problem already.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    No I would not want this, any addition would screw too much with the balance. Faster bullets are a stupid problem already.

Faster bullets aren't a problem. BF 1 have bullets faster as IRL and worked pretty well.
  • VincentNZ
    2713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Faster bullets aren't a problem. BF 1 have bullets faster as IRL and worked pretty well.

They are if they are part of an upgrade system. Just imagine incendiary bullets unlock with rank ten on the STG44.
  • madman001able

They are if they are part of an upgrade system. Just imagine incendiary bullets unlock with rank ten on the STG44.

We are not talking about them being a upgrade, that's just stupid.
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How about we simplify things a little. Lets say ARs, Rifles, SMGS etc. (except shotguns, they have 4 of their own) have 3 ammo types that you can swap between in the spawn screen whenever you want. Although with this system would see the "faster bullets" upgrade removed from upgrades. Below is a list of what they'd do.

Standard: This is the base ammunition. Nothing special about it other then it's balanced.

Light Bullets: Bullet speed and damage falloff starting distance is increased by 20%. Also reduces the weapons damage by 10%. Basically these work best at long range.

Heavy Bullets: Increases the weapons damage by 10%, but also increases bullet drop by 25%. These are great for close up fighting.

Shotgun Ammo Types:

Buckshot: Your standard pellet ammunition.

Dart: Doubles bullet penetration vs cover, but reduces projectile speed by 20%.

Dragons Breath: Each pellet now has a 25% chance to light enemies on fire, but your shotguns maximum effective range is reduced by 50%. Works best on shotguns with a high pellet count.

Slug: Your shotgun now fires a single projectile. Doubles your weapons range and accuracy.

Lastly you wouldn't have to unlock ammo types, they'd always available for all weapons.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

The point is not being an upgrade. Is just an single magazine that you can carry with "special rounds", one magazine per spawn.

If very hard to solo a tank with K-bullets because you have only 5 of then. But with teamplay aka an recon squad using k bullets, is not impossible.
    (...)

Light Bullets: Bullet speed and damage falloff starting distance is increased by 20%. Also reduces the weapons damage by 10%. Basically these work best at long range.

Heavy Bullets: Increases the weapons damage by 10%, but also increases bullet drop by 25%. These are great for close up fighting.

Light and heavy aren't necessarly something "special" like an APIT(armor piercing incendiary tracer) round. IMHO

bolt action rifles should choose between AP or HE (5 of then per spawn like k bullet on BF 1)
    Semi auto rifles between APIT(armor piercing incendiary tracer like on hardline) , API(armor piercing incendiary), but not explosive ammo(high ROF + area of effect damage can't be balanced) (35 of then per spawn)
    SMG/Pistol - P+ rounds (higher recoil/higher damage), hollow point(higher damage/lower penetration) (one clip / spawn )
    Shotguns - Buckshot, cutshot, slugs, dragon breath, flechette, slugs armor piercing (12 of then per spawn)
    LMG - One "belt" of API-AI-APIT-HE or any other combination