DICE adds option to turn off chat filter

Oskool_007
557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited September 2018
Screenshot_20180921_215209_1.png
https://mobile.twitter.com/tiggr_/status/1042763328395862016

Thank you DICE, for giving players an option to turn the chat filter on or off. I see no reason why players in both camps can't be happy now. :)

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1284 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Those replies at the bottom throw my head for a loop.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    What will the next complaint be now.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5311 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

That the chat filter is ON by default.
  • VincentNZ
    2582 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really do not see the point of a filter anyway. Trash talk is a core element of any game or sport. It is true that there was not a lot of constructive things said on there, but a filter will not suddenly make the chat only used for precise enemy locations or a plethora of "gg", "wp" stuff, especially since a lot of praise was also worded pretty roughly: "****, that was good." or "Effing crazy kill!" or the plain "Eff me!" as a cryout of frustration.
    I just do not want more blizzard style games, where the amount of communication is based on 10 pre-made chat emotes.
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GRIZZ11283 wrote: »

That the chat filter is ON by default.

:lol: yes probably.
  • crabman169
    12841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice to see this thread isn't every well viewed or posted in; sounds about right Aye

People will get a thread to 1k posts over such a useless and trival matter and demand x.

They get threads about their exact wish coming true and that get buried rather quickly and either forgotten or ignored.

I told people it would have an on/off switch if you so please but people were too busy manufacturing an issue outta nothing.

#notmyspaghetticensor
  • HuanMing88
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stupid question, but it seems I can't find the answer, how do I turn the chat filter off?
  • baroncrovax
    243 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could it be that they lied? No... a reputable company wouldn't do that.
  • sqrjn
    14 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm... still can't find the option to turn it off ******** *****
  • Aegis_Kleais
    374 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Chat re-enables itself either between games or between running the executable. I wish it would remember that I turned it off.