Weekly BF

Dumb Stuff We Won't Miss

theONEFORCE
2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
As we approach the end of the line for BF1 and those of us without sticks up our behinds will be giving BFV a shot, I picture a 90's sitcom farewell montage of the stupid crap I won't miss when moving on. Here are a few of mine. What are yours?

1. Winning a 1v1 only to be blown up by the grenade that was thrown by your opponent instead of him trying to shoot you.
2. Drop (prone) shots being a thing. The fact that supports can drop to prone, obscure their hit box and laser beam you down while you are in a gunfight is one of the more insane things from this game.
3. The random death generators that are behemoths, mortar trucks and heavy bombers.
4. Scout spam

Comments

• Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I for one will NOT miss Arty trucks, and I sincerely hope they won't have any similar analog in BFV

• BaronVonGoon
    6832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to miss spread, gas grenades, incendiary grenades, sweet spot, behemoths, elites, wide-open maps, and inability of customize weapons.

Best thing about BFV is micro bursting and tap firing is back. Fun gunplay is back!
  • Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1. Enemy turns out to be an Elite
    2. Soldier refuses to prone-always gets back up
    3. Bipod refuses to work
    4. AT gun has to reload while you face an enemy Tank
    5. AA fire
    6. Facing an armored Vehicle without any AT equipment
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree with point 3 and sometimes 4. The other two points I don't experience that often tbh
  • MarxistDictator
    4948 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm going to really miss the fail player collision in this game where you start getting sucked into the ground whenever you try to vault while under fire in some way (the rest of the time it sort of works sometimes). That, and being thrown out of prone repeatedly due to weird geometry cuts that don't match the flat ground you're trying to lay prone on are my favorite things period.

Ramming planes and the artillery truck in general/strategic heavy bomber are also forms of extremely skill based and rewarding gameplay.
  • RRedux
    672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I won't miss behemoths and elite classes. Leave those gimmicks behind, and don't let them infest any other battlefield games.
  • diagoro
    1548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Not going to miss spread, gas grenades, incendiary grenades, sweet spot, behemoths, elites, wide-open maps, and inability of customize weapons.

Best thing about BFV is micro bursting and tap firing is back. Fun gunplay is back!

Expect more wide open maps, they mey reuse some of the BF1 Rusdian maps, since it was the same region.
  • Illuminaty101
    103 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RRedux wrote: »
    I won't miss behemoths and elite classes. Leave those gimmicks behind, and don't let them infest any other battlefield games.

Well, your opinion. But I like those features a lot. But I am a newcomer, joined the Battlefield franchise with Bf1.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 2018
    RRedux wrote: »

Well, your opinion. But I like those features a lot. But I am a newcomer, joined the Battlefield franchise with Bf1.

Elites were cool imo,always exiciting to meet one. All had a weak point and offered a nice lil challenge and they were fun to play. Also it was a great way to implement a good flamethrower in a multiplayer game.
    Behemoths were just frustrating imo and also not really fun to play/play against. Giant mortars without any risk to get killed and on the other side endless explisoves spam just so the bad team can get a flag in the meantime...nope,thx.

Im not sure but i think the stuff i dont like will stay in the game ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • A_al_K_pacino_A
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bayonet charge. Specifically the oh balls animation that starts about 10 metres away. Plus the fact they seem to run anywhere completely unhindered even over terrain that in normal game play would have you climbing up and down like a demented window cleaner.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6832 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    diagoro wrote: »

Expect more wide open maps, they mey reuse some of the BF1 Rusdian maps, since it was the same region.

I'll take a reskined Galicia if they give us the other half of that map.. you know houses trees bridges and stuff.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Fog, oh right, they're carrying that failure over.
  • CSO7777
    1295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    For me all the 'unfair' deaths (elites/cavalry/arty trucks/behemoths/bombers etc), is the most annoying thing in BF1. These things are so unbalanced.

Also movement has issues, going prone instead of vaulting, getting stuck when moving over small objects, not being able to jump onto small rocks etc.

I think that the BFV-beta has removed all the annoying deaths and fixed the gunplay-annoyances (RBS), we must just hope they will fix all the bugs and the movement.

And DICE, please don't introduce any unbalanced 'gimmicks' in the final game.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    947 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All the new guys that started playing Battlefield 1.
  • ronybaloney
    282 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    All you guys who actually think BFV is a good game.
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    Fog, OP assault weapons, and M&K users. Oh... wait......
  • theONEFORCE
    2843 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All you guys who actually think BFV is a good game.

Here is a guy with a stick buried deeply that I mentioned earlier.