Weekly BF

Who is now going to order BF V?

smoothsac
131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Hi Guys,
Just wondering after now seeing a bit more of the maps that we will be starting with and also the combat roles and all the other stuff that is slowly filtering out,
Will any of the I’ve cancelled my pre-order people will now order again or buy when the game is released?

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I still want a second beta to see all of these "changes" to see for myself if there's even any improvement over the beta.
  • smoothsac
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I still want a second beta to see all of these "changes" to see for myself if there's even any improvement over the beta.

Fair Call
  • GRIZZ11283
    4839 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I never pre-order, will pick it up on the release day, I saw enough from the beta, there's potential :)
  • warslag
    1536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited September 2018
    I think another Beta and a hefty price reduction would be a sensible idea.

They made a game to appease a certain customer and now the Emperor has no clothes they should admit their situation and act accordingly.

Put your pants on, give us another Beta - so we can tell you if it's less bad - and then drop the price to reflect the lack of Battlefield in your Battlefield.

>:)
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Cant remember the last game i preordered,perhaps bf4? I dont like paying if i dont know what i get.
    And i didnt like the beta...will probably buy it if i get it for like 20 bucks.
  • smoothsac
    A price reduction would be good,or even a good discount when the next bf hits us in a year or 2....
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did cancel but are 50/50 about buying. There's a lot of good things in the game that I really like, but right now it's a mess and I need to see more before I decide.
    A second beta that's not an infantry map would help.
  • smoothsac
    I did cancel but are 50/50 about buying. There's a lot of good things in the game that I really like, but right now it's a mess and I need to see more before I decide.

Yeah,but I do think the Large Hamada Map has the promise to be a great vehicle map though.
  • SirBobdk
    4119 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    smoothsac wrote: »

Yeah,but I do think the Large Hamada Map has the promise to be a great vehicle map though.
    I think so too, but 1 maybe 2 out of 8 maps is not promising.
    I'm really not into another infantry game on small/medium size maps.
    And as they continue to develop, we still haven't seen the final game.
  • smoothsac
    smoothsac wrote: »

I think so too, but 1 maybe 2 out of 8 maps is not promising.
    I'm really not into another infantry game on small/medium size maps.
    And as they continue to develop, we still haven't seen the final game.

Guessing The Twisted Steel Map should have plenty of vehicles also,but like you say that’s only 2.
  • VincentNZ
    3172 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think the new stuff are just bugfixes, nothing more. The game fundamentals have not changed, have they?
  • Bossman1794
    1073 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I almost certainly am, I have a voucher and a deal available where I can get the deluxe for the same as the standard edition and I've liked what I've seen about the game so far.

I've gotten a few hundred hours of gameplay out of even the base games for some previous BF's so even if the post launch support is a flop, the game was still plenty of fun to me judging from the beta.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Will possibly purchase on sale around Xmas time. Or possibly later.

With their new service model, waiting to see if the old 5 maps per quarter model of applies any more. Or do maps just come in small dribs and drabs.

Really haven't followed up much on this game. Still plays like any other Battlefield I have played. Always changes to get use to. I do like what they did with spotting.

So no rush to get. Will be playing RDR2 for quite some time and have several other games to finish up.
  • Phat_Helmet
    2164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Not me.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I bought normal, now i am thinking about deluxe. Its battlefield , i cant help myself :D
  • SumwhatKrazy
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I find myself no longer playing BF1 and playing single player RPG's a lot again, so maybe by the time BFV comes out i'll feel some hype.
    Didn't pre order.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    735 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt they're going to spend even more time and money to produce a second beta. It makes no sense given how much time is left and much work they're trying to get done. And a price reduction? The price for BFV is perfectly average...

Back to the main topic. I've decided to go with the new premier access so I get BFV and other titles. It's a sub model but I think it's a pretty good deal. And I could always buy the game outright later on when it's on sale or something.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1038 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    My cash flow hit a brick wall as of late, with starting a new career. I wasnt sure if I was all that interested it until I played the beta. If I have the money when it releases I will buy it no doubt. I don;t preorder much anymore anyway.
  • Kexlar
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I pre-ordered as soon as it was available, never cancelled and wont. Sure people will say " Never pre-order " but why not? if I want to like many others have then we shall. I got the deluxe version for £3 more than the normal version due to being a BF veteran, plus the discount from EA Access, and people say EA Access is a waste of time...