BF1 2 years old - still riddled with bugs.

Adman_Tor
1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I honestly can't believe what a train wreck this game has been from a bugs/glitches perspective. There are literally STILL bugs in the game from launch date (go prone when trying to mantel). I loved BF1 but I would have to say that this game has been the worst as far as ongoing bugs/glitches. Soon BFV will be here and BF1 was never even finished....

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only in battlefield.
    Was always like that. Remember bc2 where it showed the wrong winner at the end of every 2nd match?
  • Adman_Tor
    1314 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    LOL YES! Remember before games were connected to the internet and they actually had to be FINISHED AND WORKING before they shipped? Those were the days.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Adman_Tor wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe what a train wreck this game has been from a bugs/glitches perspective. There are literally STILL bugs in the game from launch date (go prone when trying to mantel). I loved BF1 but I would have to say that this game has been the worst as far as ongoing bugs/glitches. Soon BFV will be here and BF1 was never even finished....

I have to disagree... the serverperformance has been on the weak side... But in terms of game quality my experience has been superb...
    I agree that there has been bugs and the biggest hickup in BF-history with the stutterbug... But in general this game has been way smoother than BF4.... Which apparently has become the best BF-game ever over the last 2 years...
  • The_BERG_366
    1648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

that's normal really... bf1 isnt the worst... remember bf3 vaulting glitch that would launch you with hyper speed into the next wall :joy:
    honestly that one was more enjoyable to encounter though :tongue:
  • Ploodovic
    1025 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    LOL YES! Remember before games were connected to the internet and they actually had to be FINISHED AND WORKING before they shipped? Those were the days.
    There is a discussion to be had, regarding releasing software in a “good enough” state, and fixing it later with patches, instead of polishing and working out bugs before release. However, before DLCs, updates, and patches, there were still bugs in games. The difference was that they were literally never fixed.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1444 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »
    There is a discussion to be had, regarding releasing software in a “good enough” state, and fixing it later with patches, instead of polishing and working out bugs before release. However, before DLCs, updates, and patches, there were still bugs in games. The difference was that they were literally never fixed.

Be sure I´m watching the launch of BFV closely. For now I have canceled my preorder and got a refund due to the game seemed very far from polished and finished...

Once the game gets released I will decide if its worth risking my mental health on playing an buggy, unfinished game or if its better to wait for the first couple of patches to be released...
  • Loqtrall
    11159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    BF4, 5 years old and still riddled with bugs.

BF3, 7 years old and still riddled with bugs.

BC2, 8 years old and still riddled with bugs.

BF2, 13 years old and still riddled with bugs.

I think people should catch on at this point.
  • Adman_Tor
    I just can't believe they're not even trying to address the bugs. Instead they're adding new UI functions allowing you to track your road to BFV between games. SMH.
  • SAP-ReApEr
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited September 30
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

Be sure I´m watching the launch of BFV closely. For now I have canceled my preorder and got a refund due to the game seemed very far from polished and finished...

Once the game gets released I will decide if its worth risking my mental health on playing an buggy, unfinished game or if its better to wait for the first couple of patches to be released...

I canceled BFV preorder also. Beta was horrid and there was nothing for me to enjoy the game. I see no difference than playing bf1, bf4, even Hardline as I think it had great weapon mechanics at least. BF1 inaccuracies are a bit funny also but after hating BF1 it grew on me a bit
    Ya know what though, why does a Hardline match load 10-20 times faster than BF1? That was the biggest thing I noticed when I started to play bf1. Most time wasted on loading :neutral:
    Post edited by SAP-ReApEr on
  • Adman_Tor
    SAP-ReApEr wrote: »
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

I canceled BFV preorder also. Beta was horrid and there was nothing for me to enjoy the game. I see no difference than playing bf1, bf4, even Hardline as I think it had great weapon mechanics at least. BF1 inaccuracies are a bit funny also but after hating BF1 it grew on me a bit
    Ya know what though, why does a Hardline match load 10-20 times faster than BF1? That was the biggest thing I noticed when I started to play bf1. Most time wasted on loading :neutral:

I think the loading times have to do with the improvements in the graphics/textures. But I don't really know.
  • ackers75
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only in battlefield.
    Was always like that. Remember bc2 where it showed the wrong winner at the end of every 2nd match?

And this is why stuff never gets fixed
    People just accept it
  • Callahan44er
    5055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 3
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Only in battlefield.

People just accept it

No,because people will buy the next game hoping its bugfree.
    I dont just accept it,i hate it and complain a lot about it...but theres not much you can do. Bf is still fun,so i play it.
  • ackers75
    927 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Only in battlefield.

People just accept it

I dont just accept it,i hate it and complain a lot about it...but theres not much you can do. Bf is still fun,so i play it.

How many battlefield games have you bought that was actually even remotely bug free?

How many games do you need to buy before that light turns on
  • The_BERG_366
    1648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Only in battlefield.

People just accept it

How many battlefield games have you bought that was actually even remotely bug free?

how many games did u buy in general in the last few years that were "bug free"? lol
    he said it correctly. I don't like the bugs but they don't break the game for me so why should I not buy the next game of the series? personally the price is acceptable. if that is not the case for you due to the bugs then u wouldn't buy the game... simple (and don't tell me you don't know what to expect :tongue:).
    this has nothing to do with any kind of moral obligation to not buy the game. everyone can make their own purchasing decision. I accept it, true. my only alternative would be to not buy the game. but honestly not buying it and hoping for it to have an impact and speculate for a change has less value to me then being able to play a new (eventually somewhat buggy) game. therefore I won't boycott anything.
    thx and bye
  • Callahan44er
    Only in battlefield.

People just accept it

Like i said...none. They are still great fun.
  • Godhates1234
    374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

This is a Dice game.
  • hjm600rr
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Well if they just had some servers. Like on the smallest game modes the 60hertz server and just a much better ping balance ....
  • Callahan44er
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    A totally bug free game is, for all intent and purposes, impossible to achieve.

To expect one is a tad nieve.

Theres a lot of space between bf games and totally bug free games though...
  • Trokey66
    6225 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    A totally bug free game is, for all intent and purposes, impossible to achieve.

To expect one is a tad nieve.

Theres a lot of space between any games and totally bug free games though...

Fixed.