Weekly Debrief

Upgraded to an i9. Getting more stutter. Doh!

disposalist
8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Anyone getting the same? Have any tips?

Comments

• disposalist
    8670 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Argh. It was G-Sync. So hard to set up right... For anyone else suffering you need to set V-Sync in NVCP to ON and set V-Sync in game to OFF.
  • koolhandluke44
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They have an i9 processor? Where have I been....
  • bass-junkie-xl
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i can smell a 5.2 ghz 9900k coming soon
  • disposalist
    Hehe I think a 2080Ti might come first!
  • bass-junkie-xl
    534 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hehe I think a 2080Ti might come first!

i wish my man but i already have a 1080ti, and i live in canada the gtx 2080ti is 1650 $ + tax + shipping = around the $ 1800 + for a extra ( maybee ) 19 -31 fps more then a 1080ti .

even if i sell my 1080ti for 750 $ i still have to pay 1100 $ for a 2080ti no thanks . now buying a 2nd 1080ti for sli used off a pore soul who wants to sell his 1080ti for cheap cause he wants a 2080ti with ray tracing lol that sounds better to me ( 600 - 700 used ish ) .

im just hopping the 9900kover clcocks to 5 ghz @ 1.35v or less . and the cpu ihs is solderd no need to delid it
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Yeah i can smell the smoke too :)
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    1083 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

HEDT cpu, interested to know why op choose an i9 over an 8700k.
  • bass-junkie-xl

Yeah i can smell the smoke too :)[/quote

nah , long as your under 1.425v and 85 c will last for years .
  • EdwinSpangler
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018

Probably not exclusively used for gaming..
    and the cpu ihs is solderd no need to delid it

Why not delid tho? Its nice for the ones like me who are scared to death of water cooling.. Get to stay on air @ 5.0ghz.

Or do you just want the peace of mind knowing you dont have to deal with the delidding process.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1786 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    oops.
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    They are not using toothpaste for the new i9s.
  • bass-junkie-xl

Why not delid tho? Its nice for the ones like me who are scared to death of water cooling.. Get to stay on air @ 5.0ghz.

Or do you just want the peace of mind knowing you dont have to deal with the delidding process.

the new intel i9s have a " solderd ihs lid " meaning theres no thermal paste its " solderd" no need to delid it we havent had a "Solderd lid " since intel 2nd gen 2600k,2700k series
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    edited September 2018

Yeah i can smell the smoke too :)

nah , long as your under 1.425v and 85 c will last for years .

You missed the joke m8
  • disposalist
    edited October 2018
    Multi-core future proofing. Also, I want to do streaming and use browsers at the same times as gaming and I don't want multiple PCs.

I had my last PC for 5 years and in 5 years maybe games will use 10 cores?...

There are other advantages to the X299 architecture too like quad channel RAM.
  • EdwinSpangler

the new intel i9s have a " solderd ihs lid " meaning theres no thermal paste its " solderd" no need to delid it we havent had a "Solderd lid " since intel 2nd gen 2600k,2700k series

So the ihs is integrated into the die?
  • MUH_Cwywardwaah
    Multi-core future proofing. Also, I want to do streaming and use browsers at the same times as gaming and I don't want multiple PCs.

I had my last PC for 5 years and in 5 years maybe games will use 10 cores?...

There are other advantages to the X299 architecture too like quad channel RAM.

Shouldve gotten that 32 core threadripper :)
  • CallMehTodd
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I can do all that with my i7-6700k down clocked to 2.1Ghz, yes down clocked. Everything just fine.

What are you talking about?
  • disposalist
    I can do all that with my i7-6700k down clocked to 2.1Ghz, yes down clocked. Everything just fine.
    What are you talking about?
    I admire your ability to foresee the future and well done if you can handle a high quality stream while running chat windows, discord and keeping an eye on other applications without any degradation in gaming performance.
  • CallMehTodd
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I admire your ability to foresee the future and well done if you can handle a high quality stream while running chat windows, discord and keeping an eye on other applications without any degradation in gaming performance.
    That ability its called common sense, thanks.