Aim just randomly jerks

«1
DaHuntzMen
102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited September 29
Recently after two months of not playing battlefield my controller will jerk the up up even if i'm not under fire and it's really annoying because it will either cause me to die even when I have the jump on someone or someone else will take the kill because the sights will jump up out of no where. I've reset the controller multiple times and it still happens and It's a brand new standard ps4 controller that's red . Anyone else experience this issue?

Comments

  • dannyB0i87
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    My best guess would be the controller's at fault - the game clearly detected its a commie red one and struggles to resist the communist influence...
  • DaHuntzMen
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 29
    dannyB0i87 wrote: »
    My best guess would be the controller's at fault - the game clearly detected its a commie red one and struggles to resist the communist influence...

    Happens with even the standard black one that came with my ps4 and purchased red because I didn't wan't blue, black, green, or camo pattern. and I'm far from being a commie or socialist if you're trying to call me one because I chose a red controller.
  • ragnarok013
    871 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    dannyB0i87 wrote: »
    My best guess would be the controller's at fault - the game clearly detected its a commie red one and struggles to resist the communist influence...

    Happens with even the standard black one that came with my ps4 and purchased red because I didn't wan't blue, black, green, or camo pattern. and I'm far from being a commie or socialist if you're trying to call me one because I chose a red controller.

    @DaHuntzMen I suspect he was trying to make a joke but forgetting that humor often doesn't translate well over text. I like red controllers and am certainly no communist. Are you using the default controller scheme?
  • DaHuntzMen
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I use 60% sensitivity for hip fire and ads o% for sensitivity a acceleration 5%the right stick center deadzone. But In the ps4 settings I had the communication set to usb although it is pretty much connected t all times
  • firechickenfan
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I dont mind being called a socialist.
  • DaHuntzMen
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 30
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    dannyB0i87 wrote: »
    My best guess would be the controller's at fault - the game clearly detected its a commie red one and struggles to resist the communist influence...

    Happens with even the standard black one that came with my ps4 and purchased red because I didn't wan't blue, black, green, or camo pattern. and I'm far from being a commie or socialist if you're trying to call me one because I chose a red controller.

    @DaHuntzMen I suspect he was trying to make a joke but forgetting that humor often doesn't translate well over text. I like red controllers and am certainly no communist. Are you using the default controller scheme?
    Yea the controller scheme is at default but I have Aim assist slow down and auto rotation off and 60% sensitivity for hip fire and ads o% for sensitivity a acceleration 5%the right stick center deadzone. Even if I was to reset to everything to default same thing happens, I'm gonna go pick up another controller and see what happens and if it works is there a way I can get sony to fix the broken one?

    Update: The new controller I bought with a two year protection plan is working just fine and I'm going to continue to stress test it but I'm going to take back the malfunctioning one and see about getting a refund or replacement.
    Post edited by DaHuntzMen on
  • b2tchwood
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Just had the same problem. Controller related.
  • DaHuntzMen
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Just had the same problem. Controller related.

    You know if it could be from being to rough with handling it because it wasn't even a month old, or could it be that I just got a controller that malfuntioned quicker then expected from being on too long or pressing the R3 to harsh.
  • b2tchwood
    1042 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Just had the same problem. Controller related.

    You know if it could be from being to rough with handling it because it wasn't even a month old, or could it be that I just got a controller that malfuntioned quicker then expected from being on too long or pressing the R3 to harsh.

    I would say it’s just bad luck with the controller mine was quite old. I tend to chew through PS4 controllers, if I’m honest the build quality isn’t very good. Take one apart and you’ll see just how fragile they are.
  • ragnarok013
    871 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Just had the same problem. Controller related.

    You know if it could be from being to rough with handling it because it wasn't even a month old, or could it be that I just got a controller that malfuntioned quicker then expected from being on too long or pressing the R3 to harsh.

    I would say it’s just bad luck with the controller mine was quite old. I tend to chew through PS4 controllers, if I’m honest the build quality isn’t very good. Take one apart and you’ll see just how fragile they are.

    @b2tchwood I sadly just had it happen on one of my Xbox 360 controllers that I use for RPGs on PC. I tend to baby my controllers so I'm always surprised when this happens.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    Just had the same problem. Controller related.

    You know if it could be from being to rough with handling it because it wasn't even a month old, or could it be that I just got a controller that malfuntioned quicker then expected from being on too long or pressing the R3 to harsh.

    I would say it’s just bad luck with the controller mine was quite old. I tend to chew through PS4 controllers, if I’m honest the build quality isn’t very good. Take one apart and you’ll see just how fragile they are.

    @b2tchwood I sadly just had it happen on one of my Xbox 360 controllers that I use for RPGs on PC. I tend to baby my controllers so I'm always surprised when this happens.

    Yeah it's controller related, I too look after mine and got a similar issue. I changed controller and it was fine. That controller was the one I got with it in 2013. Im going to change the stick on it to see if it fixes it
  • dcs500
    975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    I tend to chew through PS4 controllers, if I’m honest the build quality isn’t very good. Take one apart and you’ll see just how fragile they are.

    I disagree, mine bounces off walls quite well and still works.
    🙂

  • ragnarok013
    871 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    dcs500 wrote: »
    b2tchwood wrote: »
    I tend to chew through PS4 controllers, if I’m honest the build quality isn’t very good. Take one apart and you’ll see just how fragile they are.

    I disagree, mine bounces off walls quite well and still works.
    🙂

    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!
  • dcs500
    975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4

  • WetFishDB
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 18
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    Need some kontrol freaks dude. Surprisingly good impact, although very nice modifications and somewhat in keeping with your theme ;)
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    Need some kontrol freaks dude. Surprisingly good impact, although very nice modifications and somewhat in keeping with your theme ;)

    I used to use Kontrol Freaks when my soldier stick sensitivity was 60%, when i upped it to 100% I don't use them anymore, it was too much to do both
  • ragnarok013
    871 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    @SMK_GAMING_2 I really love that controller's color scheme!
  • WetFishDB
    1633 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    Need some kontrol freaks dude. Surprisingly good impact, although very nice modifications and somewhat in keeping with your theme ;)

    I used to use Kontrol Freaks when my soldier stick sensitivity was 60%, when i upped it to 100% I don't use them anymore, it was too much to do both

    Interesting. I always found that it was easier to control a higher sensitivity with the kontrol freaks as they gave a greater rotation arc to compensate. It meant 1 degree of movement of my thumb had the same impact as before, but I could then do fast turns by pushing to the extremes of that arc etc.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    Need some kontrol freaks dude. Surprisingly good impact, although very nice modifications and somewhat in keeping with your theme ;)

    I used to use Kontrol Freaks when my soldier stick sensitivity was 60%, when i upped it to 100% I don't use them anymore, it was too much to do both

    Interesting. I always found that it was easier to control a higher sensitivity with the kontrol freaks as they gave a greater rotation arc to compensate. It meant 1 degree of movement of my thumb had the same impact as before, but I could then do fast turns by pushing to the extremes of that arc etc.

    I should also say I have my ads sens higher, 125%. The only stick i would consider putting on now it the left. I also choose not to use them because I have a bad right thumb, the increased height makes it more difficult and pressing down is harder also.
    dcs500 wrote: »
    My PS4 controller feels like a tank compared to my Xbox One and PS3 controller!

    Ive never had to rebuild a ps4 controller, ps3 controllers just couldn't handle repeated impact, I used to be an expert in rebuilding ps3 controllers.

    I just rebuilt my DS4


    @SMK_GAMING_2 I really love that controller's color scheme!

    I was going for a hulk theme, my gaming room is also quite green also
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!