Weekly BF

Sentry, immune to melee from front?

Red_Label_Scotch
1233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
https://streamable.com/lceat

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/Sentry
The Sentry carries the heaviest body armor of all elite classes, providing around 83% damage reduction on the torso, arms, and head, against all firearms, and complete protection from melee weapon hits, though from the front only.

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    13320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Sentries can only be taken down with a melee from the rear.

Unless of course you're using the bayonet charge.

Oh and also when they are on low health.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1787 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Unless of course you're using the bayonet charge.

Oh and also when they are on low health.

Ive had many bayonet charges fail from the front. Actually, I dont remember ever getting any from the front. You sure its possible?
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    100% certain bayonet charges work from the front. I do it almost on a dialy basis and never had one fail, only way I can see that happening is if you are killed just as you reach them or your charge stops right as you approach them.
    OP - Don't forget your AT gun if you are assault, one well aimed shot and the sentry is history.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1233 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Then what is up with this video? The sentry is killed from the front.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13320 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sentry was on low health and can be taken down from the front only in instances of low health.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    Sentry was on low health and can be taken down from the front only in instances of low health.

That doesn`t sound like immunity to me.