Biggest fear just became real.

PopsicleStealer
1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
edited October 2
So we got official list of BF5 launch content. To say it's bad is to say nothing at all.

Only 2 shotguns ( 1 being copy paste from BF1) and 4 LMGs. I don't count MG34/42 because they're trash.

Almost half of the guns are hard copy from BF1 - Lewis, Selby 1916, 12g Automatic, MP-28, RSC, Gewehr M95 and many pistols. I also saw Sjorgen Inertial shotgun in the trailer, so expect recycled content as 'Post launch content'

They're trying so hard to hide the fact that they have very little launch content. Listing same things twice 'JB-2 and V1' same bloody thing. Stuka B1 and B2, again same damn vehicle, different loadout.

It's very sad to see this happening. Now those poor kids who could not afford Premium will have it all, while people who bought Premium will get nothing at all.

Comments

• PopsicleStealer
    1310 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    I mainly don't care because I'm extremely confident that the game will get a good chunk of content over the next 2 years.

That's a very bold statement considering we have no Premium to back it up.
  • trip1ex
    3504 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    I mainly don't care because I'm extremely confident that the game will get a good chunk of content over the next 2 years.

That's a very bold statement considering we have no Premium to back it up.

It isn't that bold considering DICE has said they are supporting it for 2 years and will go through the WW2 timeline. They've said they view BFV as a live service. I have no reason to not believe them. I have no reason to think the amount of content won't double worst case.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i said it in another thread some people cried get rid of premium,and this is what happens.it won't stop me buying it or enjoying it though.

Lol BF1 had premium and still had a huge lack of content. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they made more money from cosmetics than premium. It's all about the whales that will buy everything and it's not like premium where it's only one purchase.
  • doctorrocktor
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    i said it in another thread some people cried get rid of premium,and this is what happens.it won't stop me buying it or enjoying it though.

Lol BF1 had premium and still had a huge lack of content. I personally wouldn't be surprised if they made more money from cosmetics than premium. It's all about the whales that will buy everything and it's not like premium where it's only one purchase.
    Yeah that's true.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm surprised premium is even being defended by anyone. It has been such a hated part of most games ever since they started showing up in big titles like BF and Cod. I can't stand it personally because I end up never really getting to play the new maps or modes much once the hype for them dies down and no servers appear because half the population does not want to buy it. While many are going to argue about the cosmetic system and the silly parts of it, it still is really the best route to go without population dividing premium.
  • TyroneLoyd
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Gun list is meh but as long as I have my Turner and fg42 I'll be ight till tides of war.
  • XzbtAlizabethe
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    Microtransactions, premium contents, battlepacks, servers these are the things that make ea unique.
  • ThomasKevlar
    4 postsMember Member
    The game takes place way before the US got combat involved in ww2. Most of the guns are going to be the same till the ramp up of the war as the game progresses through ww2s timeline
  • madman001able
    483 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Gun list is meh but as long as I have my Turner and fg42 I'll be ight till tides of war.

My two will be the Mg-42, and kar98k.
  • LeadCannon
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This is a reskin of BF1 pertty much. They didn't even bother to make the game seem like it's about WW2 at first glance.
  • greene00004
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Premium isn't the problem. It's the lack of competition and incentive for Dice to work harder at earning our dollars. No offense to games like Arma, but there's really no other big budget AAA shooter that scratches that Battlefield itch, so Dice and EA have really been getting our continued support by default.
  • orangebionic
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    meh
    My biggest fear are possibly spiders as big as horses. Or land sharks. or untreatable gonorrhea.
    Damn I was hoping its gonna be discussion about our deepest fears......
  • von_Campenstein
    5625 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    meh
    My biggest fear are possibly spiders as big as horses. Or land sharks. or untreatable gonorrhea.
    Damn I was hoping its gonna be discussion about our deepest fears......

Big spiders and sharks you say, how about the humboldt squid?

• LOLGotYerTags
    9132 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Moderator
    LeadCannon wrote: »
    This is a reskin of BF1 pertty much. They didn't even bother to make the game seem like it's about WW2 at first glance.

Bf4 is a reskin of bf3 then by that logic.