high ping/low ping

soobs58
49 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
ur never going 2get the perfect setting ,all u can do is adapt 2 thegame ur on or go 2another server,get loose and just enjoy

Comments

• WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    soobs58 wrote: »
    ur never going 2get the perfect setting ,all u can do is adapt 2 thegame ur on or go 2another server,get loose and just enjoy

What? Why? And I wish you had at least vaguely attempted to construct sentences.
  • digga11
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    soobs58 wrote: »

I get what your saying, you can drop on a server and anything you do is wrong and other times it’s the totally opposite.
  • dcs500
    1340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 is hands down the worst multiplayer experience Ive ever had, the inconstancy in games, on the same server, with the same players is just bizarre.
  • KingRofty
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    After patch 1.27, the game does not compensate if you have a higher ping than your opponent anymore, lowest ping will always win the gunfight. So it's not about skill anymore, but more about your internet connection. So a very low ping will actually make you think you're a good player.
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    KingRofty wrote: »
    After patch 1.27, the game does not compensate if you have a higher ping than your opponent anymore, lowest ping will always win the gunfight. So it's not about skill anymore, but more about your internet connection. So a very low ping will actually make you think you're a good player.

You have no way of knowing what, if any changes they made to the netcode and impact of high vs low ping etc.

The reason I say you'd don't know what's really happening is that you don't know when the other person had actually fired their gun - only when you see them firing. They've pressed their trigger, their client displayed the fire animation and sent the command to the server (along with any hit claims), the server processed it and then subsequently sent it to you, and then it got rendered on your screen. How long that whole journey takes depends on lots of things, including both your connections. The point being is that you are ALWAYS seeing historical events of other players.

That said, it is pretty much ALWAYS the case that two people firing with perfect accuracy at exactly the same time (in real-time) with a OHK gun, the one with the faster connection will send the kill to the server quicker, which will get processed first, and the one with the slower connection will have their kill rejected (or they might get a kill-trade depending on distance and server rules etc).

• KingRofty
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

You have no way of knowing what, if any changes they made to the netcode and impact of high vs low ping etc.

I do actually. I played against you and you killed me twice. Think you were playing medic.

One kill was 50/50 , but the other one I starting shooting first, ADS on, bang on target (you), but you still won the gunfight. I opened up scoreboard, saw your 14 ms ping & knew DICE gave you a freebie. :smile:
  • WetFishDB

I do actually. I played against you and you killed me twice. Think you were playing medic.

One kill was 50/50 , but the other one I starting shooting first, ADS on, bang on target (you), but you still won the gunfight. I opened up scoreboard, saw your 14 ms ping & knew DICE gave you a freebie. :smile:

I kill lots of people twice (or more), sorry - it's rare that I would notice anyone even from the forums. I probably was medic, it's what I play most. I don't remember this specific game, so can't comment on the details of our engagement.

But generally, you only think you were shooting first because you started shooting before your client showed you me shooting. The reality is that I was actually shooting several ms before my client told the server, and another bunch of ms before the server told your client and it actually got displayed on screen. Plus, we don't know whether I or you got headshots, what weapons we were using and what range etc. For example, the Al.25 Extended kills in something like 349ms up to 10m, less for headshots too etc.

It is true that sometimes people claim low ping have the advantage. And then you get others who claim that high ping is an advantage. The reality is that it really is very situational.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I kill lots of people twice (or more), sorry - it's rare that I would notice anyone even from the forums. I probably was medic, it's what I play most. I don't remember this specific game, so can't comment on the details of our engagement.

But generally, you only think you were shooting first because you started shooting before your client showed you me shooting. The reality is that I was actually shooting several ms before my client told the server, and another bunch of ms before the server told your client and it actually got displayed on screen. Plus, we don't know whether I or you got headshots, what weapons we were using and what range etc. For example, the Al.25 Extended kills in something like 349ms up to 10m, less for headshots too etc.

It is true that sometimes people claim low ping have the advantage. And then you get others who claim that high ping is an advantage. The reality is that it really is very situational.

Dont forget the many times one thinks they hit a player but actually missed or hit an invisible wall.
  • WetFishDB
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Dont forget the many times one thinks they hit a player but actually missed or hit an invisible wall.

Oh definitely. Spread in this game is a huge challenge because often people have no idea when it happens and where the bullet goes etc. And there does seem to be some invisible barriers. Lost count of the times I've shot at someone in a shrub hiding only to get no hit markers etc.

That said, I do acknowledge that sometimes people do seem to sponge or kill quicker than expected - and sometimes is, but sometimes isn't. For example I played with @SMK_GAMING_2 the other day and he was on the other team. Heard a few repeated "No way!"'s when I'd got him and he felt it was a bit dodgy. In fact, here it is...

But re-watching the stream after the event, I personally think the kill was fair. I got a headshot and 2/3 body shots in the time that he got 4/5 bodyshots. And with the range around 30m or so he'd have needed about 6 shots to get the kill. It seems fair on reflection, but at the time there is no doubt he felt it wasn't.
  • KingRofty
    I played with 170 ms ping on Roofcamper Blitz today, capping C flag with 4 squad members - all full health. Grenade drops in the middle of us, only me dies. Nice Dice.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played with 170 ms ping on Roofcamper Blitz today, capping C flag with 4 squad members - all full health. Grenade drops in the middle of us, only me dies. Nice Dice.

Play in a closer server.
  • KingRofty
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

Play in a closer server.

It was the closest server. :hushed:
  • VBALL_MVP
    Then that sucks
  • Ronin9572
    762 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Dice Magic, gotta love it! I know the kill cam isn't accurate most of the time. Bit recently I've seen ppl drop dynamite, detonate it killing me but there standing on top of it alive and well! I try that and I'm remotely close to it and I die, even with perks on.
  • KingRofty
    It's all about your ping after this latest patch. Impossible to win gunfights against low ping players now. No skill required anymore, a ping of 14 or 20 is all the skill you need.
  • dcs500
    1340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's all about your ping after this latest patch. Impossible to win gunfights against low ping players now. No skill required anymore, a ping of 14 or 20 is all the skill you need.

I've got friends with very low pings, yet they have the same problems as me on a medium/high ping. BF1 multiplayer is fundamentally flawed and its problems cant be attributed to one cause, its a collection of failures and inconsistencies.
  • digga11
    757 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    dcs500 wrote: »

I've got friends with very low pings, yet they have the same problems as me on a medium/high ping. BF1 multiplayer is fundamentally flawed and its problems cant be attributed to one cause, its a collection of failures and inconsistencies.

This 100%
  • The_BERG_366
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

yeah bro make yourself believe that. im totally unkillable in direct 1v1 now cause I have a sub 10 ping on German severs :smirk:
  • The_BERG_366
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

where are you from? and what is your psn id?
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve had times where a 17or so ping has seemlying oneshot me with a m1917 lmg and I’ve also had times where someone with a 200 or so ping seemlying one shot me with a 1911.

My ping is realitivly stable around 59-62. Unless there is server issues or there is a ton of high pingers were i get a lag and packet loss.

The most fishy one I’ve had lately is I shot this medic on Galicia did 80 damage then all of a sudden he starts teleporting everywhere and every server icon appears on mine and clan mates I’m playing with. He still dies a second later and I check his ping it was in the 600s. Then it drops and all icons disappear. Even messed up my playstation built in capture for video.