high ping/low ping

1235»

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    digga11 wrote: »
    ksdff wrote: »
    WetFishDB wrote: »
    thecajun wrote: »
    KingRofty wrote: »
    It's all about your ping after this latest patch. Impossible to win gunfights against low ping players now. No skill required anymore, a ping of 14 or 20 is all the skill you need.

What are smoking? Every match I play my ping is 14-20 and usually hardly fluctuates but tons of bullet sponge rubber banding laggy connections with other players making my bullets rarely count . I can't count the number of times laggy players soak up bullets from behind then I die and their character turns around shooting after I die. Battlefield servers have always benefited laggers, that's why I've seen people purposely join foreign servers to lag their way to a win. Whenever I end up in a server where my ping is above 100 I always do better, but I try to play in my region so not to have lag advantage, I'll leave that up to the others to do if that's what they think they need to be good at a GAME. Just a few minutes ago I was watching the scoreboard ping and had another player running at 70-90s ping but right before he would get a recorded kill his ping would go anywhere from 300-900. So keep thinking that low ping is an advantage now, LMAO. If have low ping is an advantage now then maybe you should play on the closest to you or maybe people should stop leeching others wifi signals also. And even if it is true then tough deal with it, I've dealt with years of people lagging on purpose just to boost their stats.Why should I suffer for actually having good internet that I pay for?

I mentioned this in another thread and I'm seeing it more and more lately. The answer is cronusmax and lag switch. There is a way to activate a temporary lag switch when ADS which can be programmed with the cronus.
    Once the lag switch is activated it will seem like all his/her bullets will hit you in 1 and barely any of your bullets will touch them.
    I just witnessed this very thing on verdun heights operations. I got 1 shot killed multiple times by the same guy with the auto loading extended. He went 116-16.
    I watched his ping for a few minutes and shore enough, ping stable at around 50, would shoot up to 150 plus and a kill appeared, then drop down to become stable. With every spike came a kill.

I sure do hope that is just plain BS as a result of a chain of wild assumptions.

The cronusmax is a device which allows you to program macros that simulate controller key presses. It cannot interface with the router or lag switches as far as I can see. Is there evidence to indicate it can interact with lag switches?

And even if it did, whilst iit might bundle damage to you a little perhaps if they activated on ADS, but that would do nothing to prevent them from being hit at the same time. They can't exactly run when ADS and so their position updates would be minimal, meaning a sitting duck for anyone shooting them when they are ADS etc as the server would think they are stationary. And, if their ping goes too high they'd have to lead their shots (as there is no client side hit detection above a certain threshold) which would mean they have to guess where the server thinks people are rather than shooting at what they see on their screen. Overall I expect the experience would be trash. Is there any evidence of lag switches being effective in BF1?

Or is this you just watching something you couldn't explain, so coming up with a guess as to what was happening? Getting a KD of 10 on Ops isn't all that hard I suspect.

Here it is again in case you missed it last time...

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/lag-switches-and-finding-glitches.1705409/

I imagine the experience would be trash if you had constantly bad lag and were rubber banding etc. To have controlled lag however that doesn't affect your general movement would definitely be an advantage.

Ops is harder then you think btw. Conquest is so open that you can easily flank and avoid any action.
    Ops is all out war, everything the game has to throw at you is squished into a small portion of a map. It takes way more skill to survive imo.

Lag switches don't work on BF1.

People aren’t talking about lag switches they are talking about inducing high ping.

Then obviously you haven't read what he posted....both times.

Think you need to dig a bit deeper on the ping variation issue that’s going around. It’s not a lag switch that normally only works if your hosting the game but something else.

Of course it's a special BF lag switch.

As stated before blocking traffic is not going to help. Varying your pipe may cause some variations that MAY make things squirrely but this is not consistent. Again as stated before mischkag did address this in the past and stated how he helped prevent these exploits.

As i told you before v box we aren’t talking about blocking traffic. And as we all know exploiters and cheaters are always looking for new ways. There seems to be a few new ways of ping exploitation and not just for bf1.

Sure...its just another thing that many will believe is what killed them instead of their gameplay. It's very funny how people are very quick to believe someones word on these things but very reluctant to doubt and challenge heresay.[/quote

No it’s just another way of people trying to cheat and it not just about bf1 by any means and if it catches on some things will have to change. But don’t let me distract you from outputting smart remarks about anything you disagree about.

Its not smart remarks, it's that someone says something and all of the sudden he has to be true.

Just like all the other hackusations and how everyone is a MnK user. Just add lag switchers to the wall.

He must have been using a lag switch too:
    https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/24/battlefield-5-dev-banned-black-ops-4-too-good/amp/

Just because he is a dev does that make him immune from cheating?

No but people need to realize there are very good players out there. Drunkkze was a former Esport player and a big fps player, same with Ravic their aim is on another level.
    Thing is people just call hacks when they run across a good player instead of realizing they are outplayed/outclassed.

The last person to send me and several clan mates very vulgar hate mail was 5-30ish, laying in the open spraying bullets in all directions.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    It's all about your ping after this latest patch. Impossible to win gunfights against low ping players now. No skill required anymore, a ping of 14 or 20 is all the skill you need.

What are smoking? Every match I play my ping is 14-20 and usually hardly fluctuates but tons of bullet sponge rubber banding laggy connections with other players making my bullets rarely count . I can't count the number of times laggy players soak up bullets from behind then I die and their character turns around shooting after I die. Battlefield servers have always benefited laggers, that's why I've seen people purposely join foreign servers to lag their way to a win. Whenever I end up in a server where my ping is above 100 I always do better, but I try to play in my region so not to have lag advantage, I'll leave that up to the others to do if that's what they think they need to be good at a GAME. Just a few minutes ago I was watching the scoreboard ping and had another player running at 70-90s ping but right before he would get a recorded kill his ping would go anywhere from 300-900. So keep thinking that low ping is an advantage now, LMAO. If have low ping is an advantage now then maybe you should play on the closest to you or maybe people should stop leeching others wifi signals also. And even if it is true then tough deal with it, I've dealt with years of people lagging on purpose just to boost their stats.Why should I suffer for actually having good internet that I pay for?

I mentioned this in another thread and I'm seeing it more and more lately. The answer is cronusmax and lag switch. There is a way to activate a temporary lag switch when ADS which can be programmed with the cronus.
    Once the lag switch is activated it will seem like all his/her bullets will hit you in 1 and barely any of your bullets will touch them.
    I just witnessed this very thing on verdun heights operations. I got 1 shot killed multiple times by the same guy with the auto loading extended. He went 116-16.
    I watched his ping for a few minutes and shore enough, ping stable at around 50, would shoot up to 150 plus and a kill appeared, then drop down to become stable. With every spike came a kill.

I sure do hope that is just plain BS as a result of a chain of wild assumptions.

The cronusmax is a device which allows you to program macros that simulate controller key presses. It cannot interface with the router or lag switches as far as I can see. Is there evidence to indicate it can interact with lag switches?

And even if it did, whilst iit might bundle damage to you a little perhaps if they activated on ADS, but that would do nothing to prevent them from being hit at the same time. They can't exactly run when ADS and so their position updates would be minimal, meaning a sitting duck for anyone shooting them when they are ADS etc as the server would think they are stationary. And, if their ping goes too high they'd have to lead their shots (as there is no client side hit detection above a certain threshold) which would mean they have to guess where the server thinks people are rather than shooting at what they see on their screen. Overall I expect the experience would be trash. Is there any evidence of lag switches being effective in BF1?

Or is this you just watching something you couldn't explain, so coming up with a guess as to what was happening? Getting a KD of 10 on Ops isn't all that hard I suspect.

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/lag-switches-and-finding-glitches.1705409/

I imagine the experience would be trash if you had constantly bad lag and were rubber banding etc. To have controlled lag however that doesn't affect your general movement would definitely be an advantage.

Ops is harder then you think btw. Conquest is so open that you can easily flank and avoid any action.
    Ops is all out war, everything the game has to throw at you is squished into a small portion of a map. It takes way more skill to survive imo.

People aren’t talking about lag switches they are talking about inducing high ping.

Think you need to dig a bit deeper on the ping variation issue that’s going around. It’s not a lag switch that normally only works if your hosting the game but something else.

As stated before blocking traffic is not going to help. Varying your pipe may cause some variations that MAY make things squirrely but this is not consistent. Again as stated before mischkag did address this in the past and stated how he helped prevent these exploits.

As i told you before v box we aren’t talking about blocking traffic. And as we all know exploiters and cheaters are always looking for new ways. There seems to be a few new ways of ping exploitation and not just for bf1.

Sure...its just another thing that many will believe is what killed them instead of their gameplay. It's very funny how people are very quick to believe someones word on these things but very reluctant to doubt and challenge heresay.[/quote

No it’s just another way of people trying to cheat and it not just about bf1 by any means and if it catches on some things will have to change. But don’t let me distract you from outputting smart remarks about anything you disagree about.

Its not smart remarks, it's that someone says something and all of the sudden he has to be true.

Just like all the other hackusations and how everyone is a MnK user. Just add lag switchers to the wall.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/24/battlefield-5-dev-banned-black-ops-4-too-good/amp/

No but people need to realize there are very good players out there. Drunkkze was a former Esport player and a big fps player, same with Ravic their aim is on another level.
    Thing is people just call hacks when they run across a good player instead of realizing they are outplayed/outclassed.

The last person to send me and several clan mates very vulgar hate mail was 5-30ish, laying in the open spraying bullets in all directions.

Exactly.

Sometimes irrational thinking overpowers the rational when emotions are involved.
  • fisknyllet17
    1715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

Exactly.

Sometimes irrational thinking overpowers the rational when emotions are involved.
    Whatever. I know I'm right and I know this because I feel very strongly that I am.
  • KingRofty
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, after playing for a lot of hours and constantly losing gunfights to players with 7, 10, 14 & 20 ping, I now know that low ping is all you need. It replaces skill.

We're back to the 90s' where I had BT ADSL and the cable players with 0 ping, used to win every gunfight. We had a name for them - LPB - low ping ****.

And I'm afraid BF1 is using this exact same model again. Nothing you can do about it, just grin and bare it.
  • The_BERG_366
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, after playing for a lot of hours and constantly losing gunfights to players with 7, 10, 14 & 20 ping, I now know that low ping is all you need. It replaces skill.

We're back to the 90s' where I had BT ADSL and the cable players with 0 ping, used to win every gunfight. We had a name for them - LPB - low ping ****.

And I'm afraid BF1 is using this exact same model again. Nothing you can do about it, just grin and bare it.

yeah bro... you said thst already at the very start of this thread...
    again I win all gunfights unless someone has a lower ping than me... which almost never happens. so I am essentially in God mode :sunglasses:
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

again I win all gunfights unless someone has a lower ping than me... which almost never happens. so I am essentially in God mode :sunglasses:

Even I had a chuckle on his post.
  • fisknyllet17
    1715 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Qft!
  • WetFishDB
    1948 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

So that's why you killed me more than I killed you last night, because my ping was 20 and yours was 10? And there was me thinking it was your aim. Good to know you were cheating by having a lower ping than me :wink:
  • VBALL_MVP

So that's why you killed me more than I killed you last night, because my ping was 20 and yours was 10? And there was me thinking it was your aim. Good to know you were cheating by having a lower ping than me :wink:

Reported!
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After patch 1.27, the game does not compensate if you have a higher ping than your opponent anymore, lowest ping will always win the gunfight. So it's not about skill anymore, but more about your internet connection. So a very low ping will actually make you think you're a good player.

You have no way of knowing what, if any changes they made to the netcode and impact of high vs low ping etc.

I do actually. I played against you and you killed me twice. Think you were playing medic.

One kill was 50/50 , but the other one I starting shooting first, ADS on, bang on target (you), but you still won the gunfight. I opened up scoreboard, saw your 14 ms ping & knew DICE gave you a freebie. :smile:

It aint no freebie, low ping should always be an advantage over high ping. I ve been playing BF4 for nearly 5 years and I am extremely sick and tired when all high pingers flood EU servers and take advantage of badly designed netcode.
  • KingRofty
    448 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    After patch 1.27, the game does not compensate if you have a higher ping than your opponent anymore, lowest ping will always win the gunfight. So it's not about skill anymore, but more about your internet connection. So a very low ping will actually make you think you're a good player.

You have no way of knowing what, if any changes they made to the netcode and impact of high vs low ping etc.

I do actually. I played against you and you killed me twice. Think you were playing medic.

One kill was 50/50 , but the other one I starting shooting first, ADS on, bang on target (you), but you still won the gunfight. I opened up scoreboard, saw your 14 ms ping & knew DICE gave you a freebie. :smile:

It aint no freebie, low ping should always be an advantage over high ping. I ve been playing BF4 for nearly 5 years and I am extremely sick and tired when all high pingers flood EU servers and take advantage of badly designed netcode.

So you're saying if you have uncapped fibre with a ping of 14, you demand that you win all gunfights against someone with a higher ping. Awesome dude.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »

So you're saying if you have uncapped fibre with a ping of 14, you demand that you win all gunfights against someone with a higher ping. Awesome dude.

Anyone with a ping higher than 90 should not be able to join the server. DICE needs to branch out servers to more regions and countries so everyone could have lower ping gameplay. I dont see why some brazilian who uses McDonalds wifi should join EU servers with a ping higher than 250 and reep the benefits of bad netcode and make everyone elses experience miserable
  • Mattoo0073
    6 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    High/low ping is BS on this game I've seen mine as high as 330/350 . If I'm in a run and gun shoot out I have had as many as 6 hits on target and still no kill yet I get 2 shot killed. The only kills I can get are ambush kills because of this . Looks like I'll be going back to COD as bad as there servers are gameplay isn't near this bad
  • Mattoo0073
    Prime example made my post tried to play conquest my ping is 40/50 get a couple kills defend A whole BAR mag at a guy one hit he turns two shot kills me withmp18 look at scoreboard my ping 150 I never know where the he'll I'm supposed to aim because of the inconsistency of my ping I'm really trying to give this game a second chance but I think it is not gonna make it lol
  • Mattoo0073

Preston I know I'm not going to go without dying but when the ping changes my hit zone repeatedly during gameplay then yes it's a bit more than trifling in fact it's rediculous when I consistently get more hits faster yet ping still dictates my loss
  • Vycinas2
    Mattoo0073 wrote: »
    Preston I know I'm not going to go without dying but when the ping changes my hit zone repeatedly during gameplay then yes it's a bit more than trifling in fact it's rediculous when I consistently get more hits faster yet ping still dictates my loss

So your high ping should punish the players with low ping ? Play in your region, select the servers from the top when your sort them by ping, or upgrade your internet. I ve played on US west server with couple murican friends, and I had a ping of 150ms bare in mind I am from UK, and still was half decent experience. I didnt like the fact that with such high ping I was able to win most of 1v1 or even 1v3 situations, and lag compensation should be a lot stricter !
  • kenpokillz
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1 or 2 bars...ping around 100-120...god mode.
  • Mattoo0073
    This is BS I've been paying close attention to my ping since my last post and with out fail I play nothing but green ping servers (us east for me) starts out 40-50 suddenly I'm shooting at someone my screen lights up orange red my ping is 800!!!!???? Gone as high as 2000 but oddly enough I get killed by one two shots tops this game is broken or people have hacks either way I feel like I've been screwed by spending money on this game the worst part s I think this game would be great fun if it wasn't so **** up with the ping issue
  • Mattoo0073
    Deleted this game I will never give another penny to this franchise
  • The_BERG_366
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mattoo0073 wrote: »
    This is BS I've been paying close attention to my ping since my last post and with out fail I play nothing but green ping servers (us east for me) starts out 40-50 suddenly I'm shooting at someone my screen lights up orange red my ping is 800!!!!???? Gone as high as 2000 but oddly enough I get killed by one two shots tops this game is broken or people have hacks either way I feel like I've been screwed by spending money on this game the worst part s I think this game would be great fun if it wasn't so **** up with the ping issue

your ping skyrocketing to 2000 is not the fault of the game.... that's your connection. also you dying in two perceived shots doesn't mean it actually was two shots.