We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Attrition video -- Levelcap

BaronVonGoon
5263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 4

Attrition is lame. Ofcourse feel free to consider what he has to say regarding the game you post on a forum to talk about.

BFV is shaping up to be a lot of fun but attrition is annoying. Who benefits from ammo scarcity? Bad players or strong infantry players? Considering that bad players don't stay alive long enough to run out of ammo and strong players stay sometimes alive long enough to need ammo for 10 minutes, this system negatively affects stronger players only.

Why are we trying to reduce the effectiveness of players who earned their effectiveness through many many hundreds of hours playing Battlefield?

And don't say ammo management please, some players stay alive for 2, 3, 10 minutes while the average player stays alive for less than 45 seconds, playing ammo scavenger is just lame.

And what about solo players who have no interest nor time to actively play in parties with reliable teammates who drop ammo? Screw us, we can stick to BF1?
(post edited slightly by moderator)
Post edited by Carbonic on

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    5263 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

I know right?

I guess we should be thankful we're not spawning with melee only lol

Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • HardAimedKid
    10930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I proposed this earlier today on discord. Make attrition let blueberries know the error of their ways. If one is 2-20, kick him, but not only that, ban him from play for 10 minutes.

If they aren't throwing ammo make only their ammo gadget work for a few minutes until they start helping their team.

If they aren't healing or reviving take their weapon away and force them to do only those actions until they understand fully that it's important.

If assaults are using all of their anti vehicle stuff on infantry too often auto suicide after a certain amount of times.

You put systems in that hinder better players while the lesser players don't even notice it. Awesome.

Don't tell me you've got this cool new feature and it only screws 1% of the player base. Not much of a feature if the rest don't get to see it right?
  • BURGERKRIEG
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I’d rather make up my own mind.

Attrition will be tweaked in the first few months, then we’ll actually get a better picture of how it’s going to pan out when people really get to grips with the new game.

• BaronVonGoon
    edited October 3
    I proposed this earlier today on discord. Make attrition let blueberries know the error of their ways. If one is 2-20, kick him, but not only that, ban him from play for 10 minutes.

If they aren't throwing ammo make only their ammo gadget work for a few minutes until they start helping their team.

If they aren't healing or reviving take their weapon away and force them to do only those actions until they understand fully that it's important.

If assaults are using all of their anti vehicle stuff on infantry too often auto suicide after a certain amount of times.

You put systems in that hinder better players while the lesser players don't even notice it. Awesome.

Don't tell me you've got this cool new feature and it only screws 1% of the player base. Not much of a feature if the rest don't get to see it right?

Well said. completely agree
  • barnesalmighty2
    435 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Attrition should only be in hardcore modes. I don't like it one bit, but I can manage and use it to my advantage. Farming kills on desperate for ammo enemies around supply stashes. I can't believe the community is just taking it especially after the stink with bf4's early reload system before they reverted back to a normal system.
  • HardAimedKid
    10930 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Attrition is so good. Don’t beg me for ammo @HardAimedKid @x_Undaunted_x

tenor.gif

Won't be able to beg you for ammo cause you'll be dead. Just spawn on me though after you die.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 3

tenor.gif

Won't be able to beg you for ammo cause you'll be dead. Just spawn on me though after you die.

Fo realz! :tongue:
  • TEKNOCODE
    9356 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Fo realz! :tongue:

No way. I’ll always have @Loqtrall to revive my skrub self.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 3
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

They will sell bullets in battlepacks, 1 euro per mag.
  • BaronVonGoon
    Pleasantly surprised we're mostly in agreement on this topic. Usually I'd be banned by now. Lol
  • BetaFief
    655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    I'm on the fence, and won't commit any concrete opinion until the retail game is out

With that said, I can see the issue from both sides. DICE has been fielding complaints about BF1 for over 2 years now, how "easy" and "casual" it is, how there has been a huge drop in teamplay.

They've been "asked" to put it nicely, that they need to up their game and provide something substantial that the "vets" that sink their teeth into, a more difficult experience that feels more rewarding as a result.

Now that they've made steps in that direction, been more "heavy handed" in their approach to how they balance the game. And now everyone and their mom throws a fit about Attrition.

There is no winning for DICE. They're damned if they do; damned if they don't.

On the one hand, I don't think its kosher that good players that can play well and keep themselves alive are somewhat punished for their proficiency. Why should they be limited to how effective they can be if they've done nothing wrong?

On the other hand; without Attrition, they might as well straight up remove classes all together and dive headfirst into the "solo" experience. In BF1, you can pretty much be a one-man army as it stands. You rarely run entirely out of ammo in BF1, to the point where you need to scavenge for more. You auto heal back up to 100% health. Revives are nearly instantaneous, the quickest sliding poke and you're back up; ready to go. Its kind of a joke honestly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMO BFV is suffering primarily from a crisis of identity. Players who crave a return to the older, more teamwork based games where you depend on the team for overall success, and your personal power as 1 single infantry-guy is insignificant, are pulling DICE one way

While other players who couldn't care less about anyone else on their team and want to have a blast on their own in a solo experience similar to the more recent BF's are pulling it the opposite.

I guess the breaking point here will be for DICE to decide WHAT kind of game it wants Battlefield to be, and commit to that route. Do one or the other well, but don't try to do both just "OK" and hope enough people from both camps are satisfied.

I like this opinion.
    Though, I think that DICE have been forcing themselves into this position since BF3 was launched without mod-support/server-access.
    (yeah there's a way around it now (for BF3...), but that just shows there was never a reason to not-have-it in the first place, especially when BF:1942-2142 proved profitable enough with such a system for EA to bother making BF:3+)
  • HardAimedKid
    Pleasantly surprised we're mostly in agreement on this topic. Usually I'd be banned by now. Lol

Happens every time I come here now