Weekly BF

Attrition video -- Levelcap

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4946 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nobody plays together, so instead of encouraging or rewarding it they forced it on us and it failed terribly in the beta. At least the ammo/health stations that did like 85% of all resupplying/healing were on bases. But it was hard to appreciate the suppression-less gunplay with almost no ammo and being forced to grab bandaids and another mag on spawn. So many unnecessary aspects to it. The only ammo that needs to be on a cooldown and not restocked on death should be explosives.

No one will bring ammo or health on launch even with the revamp on launch. Pointless system that only people who routinely kill more than 1 person before dying gets hurt by. At least support is good (though I'm really let down by the MGs on the list so far minus the FG42)
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I pretty much agree with him. Attrition really only stifles skilled players. It doesn't really add more depth to the game - it just feels more like a chore. It certainly is a lot less of a problem for pre-formed squads of friends, but most players just play with randoms. I also hate how it's the reason we have bolt actions that do significantly less damage now like the Enfield with it's 60 max damage. It definitely also leads to a lot more camping around supply stations - especially with vehicles. I suppose the good thing is those supply stations are at least on objectives. I can definitely see that adding to a lot more stalemates on maps with more widespread objectives though.
    A lot of players won't want to move through the wide areas between objectives where they'll likely run out of ammo before they make it to the next objective.

The one good thing to really come from it is the reduction of explosive spam.

It'll be nice if private servers can at least adjust the attrition system - if we ever even get them.
  • Micas99
    816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trying to design random people into playing as a cohesive squad, where people pick a class that benefits the squad rather than the class they really prefer.. I'm old.. so there was this show called Fantasy Island. Da PLane!

Dice won't remove attrition because people have staked their career on it.. you know.. designer types.. and so when it goes down in flames.. they'll remove attrition and people will be out of a job.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Trying to design random people into playing as a cohesive squad, where people pick a class that benefits the squad rather than the class they really prefer.. I'm old.. so there was this show called Fantasy Island. Da PLane!

Dice won't remove attrition because people have staked their career on it.. you know.. designer types.. and so when it goes down in flames.. they'll remove attrition and people will be out of a job.

LOL, I'm old too so I remember that show. "Look boss, da plane, da plane." (I think the character's name was Tattoo.)

I agree with the first part, but the 2nd part I don't. I don't think anyone's career is staked on attrition's success or failure. However, I hope it's either removed or never used again. I think it's a cumbersome mechanic that sucks the fun out of the game.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most in unison I've ever seen a thread on this damn forum :D It's almost kind of scary.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would remove ammo/health stations entirely and would allow players to take ammo/health manually from support/medics without asking. Ammo from dead should be doubled minimum.

Limited ammo is very annoying. In beta i had no ammo after 1-2 fights and had to constantly move around these stations. This is not good gameplay change at all.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Good players will find ways to keep their ammo stocked up. This isn't going to "limit" anyone. Me personally, I plan to main Support, because I like fixing vehicles while my buddy drives. Otherwise, I'll be handing out ammo like it's candy and racking up the points to get to the top of the leaderboard.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Let the hate begin. Attrition is lame. Ofcourse feel free to attack him or maybe consider what he has to say regarding the game you post on a forum to talk about.

BFV is shaping up to be a lot of fun but attrition is annoying. Who benefits from ammo scarcity? Bad players or strong infantry players? Considering that bad players don't stay alive long enough to run out of ammo and strong players stay sometimes alive long enough to need ammo for 10 minutes, this system negatively affects stronger players only.

Why are we trying to reduce the effectiveness of players who earned their effectiveness through many many hundreds of hours playing Battlefield?

And don't say ammo management please, some players stay alive for 2, 3, 10 minutes while the average player stays alive for less than 45 seconds, playing ammo scavenger is just lame.

And what about solo players who have no interest nor time to actively play in parties with reliable teammates who drop ammo? Screw us, we can stick to BF1?

Screw all the streamers, I blame them for most of the issues wrong with the game. I feel Dice should cut all connections with YouTube streamers and start doing more talks with the community on the forums and live video like Twitch / YouTube. Roadmap with the title like Star Wars Battlefront 2 and direct talks from the devs on the forums will regrow Battlefield.

I put this blame on the streamers because they gave up gaming a long time ago, Someone games not get to a reaction from people from a clip, They are just playing get more views than anything. Make a video on a current hot topic and boom, done for the week.

EA/Dice should just start releasing surveys on the forums and they own YouTube channel and get feedback that way, no need for the streamers thoughts or opinions.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

I know right?

I guess we should be thankful we're not spawning with melee only lol

I bet in upcoming BR mode it will be the thing.
    Anyway it makes no damn sense for me why Dice suddenly decided to make bf "more tactical" while the same time keeping all arcadey stuff in game. At least make up your mind if you want the game to be a serious military simulator like Arma or stay the same old bf we know. In current state bfv is nothing but The Jack of all trades but it's not going to be fun in the end.
  • DyD6Marina
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

I know right?

I guess we should be thankful we're not spawning with melee only lol

I bet in upcoming BR mode it will be the thing.
    Anyway it makes no damn sense for me why Dice suddenly decided to make bf "more tactical" while the same time keeping all arcadey stuff in game. At least make up your mind if you want the game to be a serious military simulator like Arma or stay the same old bf we know. In current state bfv is nothing but The Jack of all trades but it's not going to be fun in the end.

This changes make alot of sense, the older Battlefield was a more tactical arcade fps.

Thanks to all this changes, Battlefield V is the first game of the series, really resamble a battlefield after Battlefield 2142.

And they making some parts even better, adding recoil pattern and removing random deviation. The fortification was a strange add, but seems they fit well in a gameplay more similar to older Battlefield.

Sure the gameplay is inadapt to some "modern players", but the ideas of this gameplay are really good for people want back something similar to a Battlefield.
  • looie63
    218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why not simply reward players that are helping their team. If you get X amount of kills without dying, you get a health and ammo resupply. If you get X amount of flag capture points, revives, repairs, vehicle damage points, etc you get resupplied ? If they want to encourage teamplay , why not reward it ? Good players would get rewarded, and bad players would get resupplied when they respawn.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would remove ammo/health stations entirely and would allow players to take ammo/health manually from support/medics without asking. Ammo from dead should be doubled minimum.

Limited ammo is very annoying. In beta i had no ammo after 1-2 fights and had to constantly move around these stations. This is not good gameplay change at all.

Whats the point of it then. There would still be no teamplay and you would still look for ammo all the time.
    looie63 wrote: »
    Why not simply reward players that are helping their team. If you get X amount of kills without dying, you get a health and ammo resupply. If you get X amount of flag capture points, revives, repairs, vehicle damage points, etc you get resupplied ? If they want to encourage teamplay , why not reward it ? Good players would get rewarded, and bad players would get resupplied when they respawn.

Because it "feels" stupid to get ammo out if nowhere. You cant force teamplay and then give players ammo for kills,it doesnt make sense to me.

• Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Whats the point of it then. There would still be no teamplay and you would still look for ammo all the time.
    looie63 wrote: »

Because it "feels" stupid to get ammo out if nowhere. You cant force teamplay and then give players ammo for kills,it doesnt make sense to me.

First it would be much easier to get it rather then camp constantly around stations. Second those 2 classes would be much more important unlike now with stations they are way less, statistics clearly said support was least used class.
  • Hawxxeye
    5939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hardline had just one good thing ins being able to snatch health and ammo from allies without any need for begging. I wish they had kept that.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I'm on the fence about attrition as on one hand it's annoying running out of ammo after a couple of gunfights, or having to spawn and then run to resupply stations to stock up before getting in to the action, I can see how it could work if you are playing with a good squad who supports each other. It's also a bit worrying when you see feedback from DICE stating that they believe players were using resupply stations too much in the beta...no wonder when you need to sometimes rely on blueberries who have no interest in giving out ammo or health. In my mind it would also make sense for them to bring back the ability to grab supplies from team-mates to counter this (as ProAssassin2003 mentioned above).

I've also just remembered that in the beta I only called in one V1 rocket and one or two tanks as squad leader as I'd spend all my points air-dropping supply canisters for the team instead.

*Edit: Apologies for the bad structure of this post. Long night.
  • DingoKillr
    3635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you feel that you lack ammo you can always switch from the Assault to Support. I am sure there will be plenty of Assault players.

Attrition encourages teams to have a more even spread of classes which makes them stronger, while the single class stacked team suffer.

However it seems DICE listened more to the team is there to support me and the glory is mine solo. These players find it difficult to learn new(old) ways while telling other to get gud.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4658 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    I cant think of one good thing about attrition.