Attrition video -- Levelcap

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    6363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Mystriall wrote: »
    When you think about it, the attrition system isn't really that big of a deal, It's not that revolutionary of a change to what has always been part of battlefield. Ammo is even more available now than before as you have the supply stations. If you have issues you should stop wasting ammo..

I am concerned about the flare availability, 2 shots capacity is very little for something that unlike BF1 cannot be resupplied by supports

If flares were readily available and spammable, then there would be no point in removing manual spotting from the game. It's all about balance. Flares are supposed to be a strategic tool. They aren't supposed to be like the UAV's from CoD where EVERYONE has one and they are constantly up the entire match. All that would do is result in people doing nothing but starting at their minimaps the entire game, which is EXACTLY what DICE is trying to get people to stop doing.
    Then they fail at it cause it is possible to keep the BFV flares at 100% uptime when defending a base by camping next to an ammo station

There are cooldown timers at those stations. All they have to do to prevent the supply station camping is adjust the cooldown timer.
    And break the resupply of everyone else as well.
    Seriously everything about this attrition is a slippery slope!
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    When you think about it, the attrition system isn't really that big of a deal, It's not that revolutionary of a change to what has always been part of battlefield. Ammo is even more available now than before as you have the supply stations. If you have issues you should stop wasting ammo..

I am concerned about the flare availability, 2 shots capacity is very little for something that unlike BF1 cannot be resupplied by supports

If flares were readily available and spammable, then there would be no point in removing manual spotting from the game. It's all about balance. Flares are supposed to be a strategic tool. They aren't supposed to be like the UAV's from CoD where EVERYONE has one and they are constantly up the entire match. All that would do is result in people doing nothing but starting at their minimaps the entire game, which is EXACTLY what DICE is trying to get people to stop doing.
    Then they fail at it cause it is possible to keep the BFV flares at 100% uptime when defending a base by camping next to an ammo station

There are cooldown timers at those stations. All they have to do to prevent the supply station camping is adjust the cooldown timer.

You know that it works per soldier, not per squad right? One member of the squad resupplying does not start the cooldown timer for the whole squad, just that single soldier.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would be pretty happy if the ammo was handled like in Battlefield 2. 5 mags, magazine reload system.
  • Hawxxeye
    6363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You know that it works per soldier, not per squad right? One member of the squad resupplying does not start the cooldown timer for the whole squad, just that single soldier.
    By "everyone else" I meant every other gadget's and explosive's ammo. It was not grammatically correct as I was tired and about to go to sleep.

Anyway we will see in 2-3 weeks how the camptrition will turn out.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That is to prevent spam, but yeah we will see how it all blends together soon.
  • Hawxxeye
    That is to prevent spam, but yeah we will see how it all blends together soon.
    I am all in for preventing spam but when one limits the use of something they must take care that it is compensated by being impactful/effective/efficient enough in that limited use.
    DICE have already shown to have issues in guns to balance something that shoots fast vs something that shoots slowly (with the later being having more cons than pros).
    Aw well it looks like we need to get into the hidden beta that starts between 9 and 20 November and will have an unknown duration ourselves and help out
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just realized the forum is dead, same 7-10 people arguing in every thread. Also to the guy who said well "oh what about health?" Ever think we all aren't anti attrition as a whole and just think the ammo part of the equation is a bit dumb?
  • I just realized the forum is dead, same 7-10 people arguing in every thread. Also to the guy who said well "oh what about health?" Ever think we all aren't anti attrition as a whole and just think the ammo part of the equation is a bit dumb?

We have thoroughly exhausted all ideas beyond their meaningfulness. We are just waiting for the game to come out and tending to our secondary hobbies...or, at least I am....
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I just realized the forum is dead, same 7-10 people arguing in every thread. Also to the guy who said well "oh what about health?" Ever think we all aren't anti attrition as a whole and just think the ammo part of the equation is a bit dumb?

We have thoroughly exhausted all ideas beyond their meaningfulness. We are just waiting for the game to come out and tending to our secondary hobbies...or, at least I am....

Same