Weekly Debrief

Attrition video -- Levelcap

Comments

• HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most in unison I've ever seen a thread on this damn forum :D It's almost kind of sexy.

FTFY

LoooooooooL
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I like the attrition system. Even though bad players die faster....statistically they also have bad accuracy so this does punish bad players and challenges good players as well.
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I commented on his video as well. No offense to Level or anyone that shares his views but it all just sounds like whining. The entire perspective is someone wanting to run solo and still be amazing, taking out entire flanks like Rambo or whatever nonsense. The thing is, players can still do that.
    Resource management isn't exactly complicated, especially with the prevalence of ammo on the maps, but everyone is acting like it's the end of the world. If these people are so awesome then pick up someone else's weapon and keep going. It should be no big deal if you're good at the game, right? Or maybe plan for the inevitable ammo issue and change your routes, be more careful with your shots, etc.

The skills required for prolonged solo play have changed. Adapt and overcome.

Battlefield has never been "just a shooter" but even if it was... one thing almost every shooter has in common is resource management via ammunition, grenades, and/or consumables.

Back to Levelcap specifically. BFV is a perfect opportunity to revive his Squad Up series.
    Personal preference maybe but those were much better than any of his solo vids.
  • doctorrocktor
    1822 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Oh it's him,out of here.
  • ragnarok013
    3346 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Oskool_007 wrote: »
    DICE needs to get rid of the arm animation popping up every time ammo is picked up. Just play a resupply sound. No need to hold up ammo pouches in front of our face every 5 seconds.

I wholeheartedly agree, the animation is not my cup of tea and why do loose rounds pop out all over the place every time that you resupply?
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DICE has recently announced that they have dialed back the attrition system, so you can all chill out now. You'll start with more ammo, be able to carry more max ammo, and you start with a medical pouch right away. Sounds like worthy changes to me.
  • ragnarok013
    3346 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Micas99 wrote: »
    Dice's statements serve only to reassure themselves that they haven't destroyed Battlefield. They know it's a train wreck but to admit it would make them look like idiots.. so they'll go down with the ship and blame it all on the players.

Dice.. delay the game another 3 months and fix it.. and while you're at it, fix that nightmare of a UI that somebody thought is "new and innovative". You know.. just go copy BF4. Everyone will be happier.

How about they don't copy BF4.
    I'd rather the game work at launch instead of waiting a year for it to be fixed. I'd also like the weapons to actually be different instead of all being variants of the same thing.
    And of course, I'd like to not have premium split the community.

He was talking about DICE copying the BF4 UI not copying BF4' buggy launch which DICE hasn't repeated in any game after BF4 since they learned from that mistake.
  • ElliotLH
    8557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DICE needs to get rid of the arm animation popping up every time ammo is picked up. Just play a resupply sound. No need to hold up ammo pouches in front of our face every 5 seconds.

I wholeheartedly agree, the animation is not my cup of tea and why do loose rounds pop out all over the place every time that you resupply?

Actually I only just noticed the random shells appearing in BF1 after a pouch resupply. Never noticed that before in 1000hrs of play.
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Animation might have to be there to make sure you really are resupplied, I tend to get noise bugs ever so often where I hear the resupply sound among others, think I've gotten ammo though it never happened. Call it PTSD and it's a feature.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    DICE has recently announced that they have dialed back the attrition system, so you can all chill out now. You'll start with more ammo, be able to carry more max ammo, and you start with a medical pouch right away. Sounds like worthy changes to me.

While that's great and all... Is the word attrition still being used to describe the mechanic? Get it outta here!
    Post edited by HardAimedKid on
  • TEKNOCODE
    11071 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

While that's great and al... Is the word attrition still being used to describe the mechanic? Get it outta here!

image0.jpg
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy carrying less ammo and I never ran out during the alphas.
  • HardAimedKid
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

While that's great and al... Is the word attrition still being used to describe the mechanic? Get it outta here!

image0.jpg

Just gonna be twice the carry for people like me playing with people like you. So of course you don't care
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

I know right?

I guess we should be thankful we're not spawning with melee only lol

They've got Battle Royale for that rubbish.
  • HardAimedKid
    Ultimate troll from DICE - make a first person SHOOTER and not give you bullets.

I know right?

BR is love. #blackout
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I know right?

BR is love. #blackout

Not a fan but I have ordered BO4 so i'll probably play it dependin if I can get one of my mates to squad up.
  • HardAimedKid

I know right?

BR is love. #blackout

Not a fan but I have ordered BO4 so i'll probably play it dependin if I can get one of my mates to squad up.

Oh man did you play it? I loved the whole game. Sorry I guess this would be better for a dm lol
  • TEKNOCODE
    11071 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

image0.jpg

Just gonna be twice the carry for people like me playing with people like you. So of course you don't care
    :'(
  • MarxistDictator
    4951 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Some guys have to be the clay pigeons. Sort of like the extras in war movies where their only screen time is getting blown up or shot. It makes it feel more like total war.