Attrition video -- Levelcap

13468923

Comments

  • bran1986
    5794 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!
    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?
    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.
    Agree.
    Sometimes it feels like everyone wants this game to be all about me me me and not about teamplay.
    I think it fine that a good squard now matter even if you can get unlucky and be in a bad one, and you have to think about what your doing
    I found it more interesting to play infantry and vehicles with this system and not just the headless lone wolf run and gun from BF1 to see who get's the highest numbers of kills and kdr. I hope they don't change it to much and give it a chance.

    Sadly that is what the Battlefield player base has become. This video describes the issue quite well.
  • SirBobdk
    4262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Turban_Legend80 wrote
    Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    This is not about good or bad players. It's about bringing a little bit of tactical awarness and teamplay into the game.
    Now you have to rely on teammates, going back or taking flags for more ammo.
    The danger of running out of ammo makes it all the more interesting.

  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Turban_Legend80 wrote
    Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    This is not about good or bad players. It's about bringing a little bit of tactical awarness and teamplay into the game.
    Now you have to rely on teammates, going back or taking flags for more ammo.
    The danger of running out of ammo makes it all the more interesting.

    In bf1 you also run out of ammo pretty quickly,but not that quickly. With a good support/medic on your side youre much more effective then without them. Squads that played together could always dominate. Its no danger of running out of ammo,its a annoying fact that happens just too quickly imo.
  • SirBobdk
    4262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Turban_Legend80 wrote
    Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    This is not about good or bad players. It's about bringing a little bit of tactical awarness and teamplay into the game.
    Now you have to rely on teammates, going back or taking flags for more ammo.
    The danger of running out of ammo makes it all the more interesting.

    In bf1 you also run out of ammo pretty quickly,but not that quickly. With a good support/medic on your side youre much more effective then without them. Squads that played together could always dominate. Its no danger of running out of ammo,its a annoying fact that happens just too quickly imo.
    In the beta yes, but I can't see the problem in the final game where you spawn with 3 mags and can resupply with one more.
  • Turban_Legend80
    4695 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
  • SirBobdk
    4262 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @bran1986 wrote
    Sadly that is what the Battlefield player base has become. This video describes the issue quite well.
    Yes it does.
    It seems most people are happy with just matchmacking, joining an anonymous server and play with anonymous player, who don't matter.
    Most want to play solo and get entertained with assignments, unlocks, upgrades, medals and skins.
    Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy, but I miss the times with communies, clans, rental servers where friends met to play and have fun or meeting new friends.
    It seems that today's player base really don't want to play with others or get to know others.
    Just my thoughts, right or wrong I don't know :smile:
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    Some people are oblivious.
    Some people will try to adapt and over come.
    Some people come here to WAAAAHHH.

    And the game isn't even out yet!
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The issue isn't as much attrition itself but that DICE are trying to switch up 3 things at once, granted they did speed up the TTK a notch already when they turned BF1 into a crash test dummy but fast TTK, limited spotting and attrition, all in themselves not bad features may be 1 feature too far, as far as player retention goes.
  • JamieCurnock
    634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The issue isn't as much attrition itself but that DICE are trying to switch up 3 things at once, granted they did speed up the TTK a notch already when they turned BF1 into a crash test dummy but fast TTK, limited spotting and attrition, all in themselves not bad features may be 1 feature too far, as far as player retention goes.

    I thought the same. It's tricky tho as I don't think you can remove spotting without adding attrition and I don't think you can add attrition without removing spotting.

    If people can regenerate health but can't be spotted its a campers paradise. If people can't regenerate health but can be spotted they are going to die far too quickly and too often.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    If you hadn't selectively quoted me, I wouldn't have to......
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    Which is why I honestly have no opinion on attrition it's just there to me. Doesn't bother my streaks in the slightest nor is it helping it. If I had to really decide I say keep it. Might add some trigger disciple for some.

    Yes I consider myself up there.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too good or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?
  • JamieCurnock
    634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.

    But would you accept skilled players spawning with melee only while unskilled players get guns? I know it's a ridiculous analogy but it's along the same line of thinking. We're being asked to accept a lesser punishment and since it's not as strict as melee only we're supposed to think of it as a challenge. DICE themselves call it a punishment rather than a challenge. Because it is. Don't like it.
    Post edited by BaronVonGoon on
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1462 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.

    But would you accept skilled players spawning with melee only while unskilled players get guns? I know it's a ridiculous analogy but it's along the same line of thinking. We're being asked to accept a lesser panishment and since it's not as strict as melee only we're supposed to think of it as a challenge. DICE themselves call it a punishment rather than a challenge. Because it is. Don't like it.

    Lol it's not even that bad rofl. If anything it slowed me down a hair. I still dropped 80- 100 bombs through the alpha and beta
  • JamieCurnock
    634 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.

    But would you accept skilled players spawning with melee only while unskilled players get guns? I know it's a ridiculous analogy but it's along the same line of thinking. We're being asked to accept a lesser panishment and since it's not as strict as melee only we're supposed to think of it as a challenge. DICE themselves call it a punishment rather than a challenge. Because it is. Don't like it.

    I see your point but yeah that is an extreme analogy. The difference is everyone is in the same boat, nobody is better off than the other when spawning so it is a challenge and not a handicap.

    I've never heard them call it a punishment.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6977 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.

    But would you accept skilled players spawning with melee only while unskilled players get guns? I know it's a ridiculous analogy but it's along the same line of thinking. We're being asked to accept a lesser panishment and since it's not as strict as melee only we're supposed to think of it as a challenge. DICE themselves call it a punishment rather than a challenge. Because it is. Don't like it.

    Lol it's not even that bad rofl. If anything it slowed me down a hair. I still dropped 80- 100 bombs through the alpha and beta

    I know I know. Its not that bad but it's something. I was annoyed I couldn't drop 70+ kills like I would in BF1. I never even came close to 50 in BFV while in BF1, 50 is the minimum for me.
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    That whole video stinks of " I can't go on massive killstreaks anymore, WAAAAAAH!

    Why is that any mechanic that makes the game a bit 'harder' or require a bit more thought, it always 'punishes good players'?

    Truely good players are 'good' no matter what, if a player can't adapt to new mechanics and still do well then perhaps they are not as 'good' as they think they are.

    It’s not about what makes a player good. We already know good players and bad players exist. Bad players won’t be effected anywhere near as much as good players because they’ll die before they need to restock.
    I don’t know what’s so difficult to understand about that.

    Let’s say all these people saying “it only effects good players” don’t buy BFV. There will still be good players and bad players, and the bad players won’t be effected as much.

    So what?

    So what if a player dies before he needs to restock, unlucky for him.

    If you don't die, you will need to restock. Just like every Battlefield before this except this time you have to do it sooner and perhaps more often.

    Why is that so hard to understand?

    Even if it only affects good players, so what? The bad players are already dead, take their ammo.

    Calm down mate, I was just explaining how it would effect the better players more than the ones that die all the time. You asked how it punishes good players in your previous post. I answered your question. And now you say “so what”. Why ask that question then?

    Perfectly calm bud.

    I just don't see the issue. Every mechanic affects everyone.

    !

    No. This is false. When a mechanic requires you to stay alive long enough to affect you and you're incapable of staying long enough for its effect to be felt, then no, it does not affect everyone.

    Have you by any chance actually READ Dice's blog post about attrition which we are discussing? Because it says:

    "In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system"

    Care to rephrase your post?

    The system IS indeed designed to punish skilled players. You don't need 200 IQ to see it, THEY'RE saying it themselves and they designed it this way.


    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

    Which makes it good imo. It's a sliding bell curve. As you get better you will continue to learn and change tactics. Keeps the game going.

    They're introducing artificial mechanics to reduce the gap between skilled and unskilled. They're literally hard capping skill just like spread hard caps the effectiveness of guns at range. How is that good? How is that fair?

    Come buy our game and play but don't get too get or else we'll have to kick you a notch down. This is good?

    Or it could be seen as providing higher than everage players a new challenge. Yes going on massive kill streaks is fun, I found getting those high killstreaks whilst taking into consideration the need to resupply ammo and bandages provided an even bigger sense of satisfaction/achievement.

    But would you accept skilled players spawning with melee only while unskilled players get guns? I know it's a ridiculous analogy but it's along the same line of thinking. We're being asked to accept a lesser panishment and since it's not as strict as melee only we're supposed to think of it as a challenge. DICE themselves call it a punishment rather than a challenge. Because it is. Don't like it.

    I see your point but yeah that is an extreme analogy. The difference is everyone is in the same boat, nobody is better off than the other when spawning so it is a challenge and not a handicap.

    I've never heard them call it a punishment.

    This is their quote in their blogpost about attrition:

    In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system*

    Basically implying that attrition is punishment to the skilled player.

    *https://www.battlefield.com/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5


Sign In or Register to comment.