Attrition video -- Levelcap

Comments

• Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looking forward to the attrition system.

Hope it does penalize the COD type players. They would be the main ones complaining about attrition. No idea who Levelcap is but I'm guessing he wants this game be a large version of COD.

Tired of seeing so many players just wilding run around quick shooting everything in sight and moving on, healing as they run around in circles killing players. Perfer Battlefield to feel a little more like a battlefield.
    I do not think that changed much from what I saw in the beta.
    You now just hate even more your support/medics for ignoring you
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hope it does penalize the COD type players. They would be the main ones complaining about attrition. No idea who Levelcap is but I'm guessing he wants this game be a large version of COD.

Tired of seeing so many players just wilding run around quick shooting everything in sight and moving on, healing as they run around in circles killing players. Perfer Battlefield to feel a little more like a battlefield.

Battlefield is run and gun same as Cod for many years already. Atrition doesnt change a thing on this, just your running pattern will be now from station to station (exactly as it was in beta), because most supports and medics are simply ignorant to oblivion and never share ammo/medpacks and doing their "Battlefield" thing.
  • SirTerrible
    1693 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield has been a fast paced arcade shooter since at least BC2. BFV is no different there, it just has an extra layer of tedium built into it causing breaks in between the fun bits that didn't exist previously. It'll be the least fun Battlefield to play solo yet. Squaddies will have fun rolling servers like usual though I guess so that's fun.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield is run and gun same as Cod for many years already. Atrition doesnt change a thing on this, just your running pattern will be now from station to station (exactly as it was in beta), because most supports and medics are simply ignorant to oblivion and never share ammo/medpacks and doing their "Battlefield" thing.

To be fair, i think we should give the players of this game a chance to adapt to it's new mechanisms. I am a support who is constantly spamming out ammo to everyone i come by, even if they are not asking for it. We might not be many yet, but we are there. There are ofcourse those who are medic or support simply to give themselves ammo/healing. I've even seen squads who have a medic, that only revived his squad mates and healed them, and didn't give a rats bottom about the rest of the team.
    -
    People who came in to the BFV beta, for the most part went in guns blazing playing exactly how they are used to play in BF1, or BF4 or BF3 or whatever else game they have been playing, as did I. And then they complain about not being able to play it just like they used to play these other games. "what's wrong with this game? i have no ammo, this game sucks" etc.. Eventually, if they stay with the game, they will have to adapt their play style. I'm certain the attrition system, given a little time, will make more players be team oriented than in prior battlefield games. And in the end the safest bet is to play in a squad with people that you know, or find a squad that wants to play as a team.
    -
    Now this adapting might be as Radious1987 states, by just running circles from station to station, or for some probably camping at or near a certain station. But for some it will be by actually starting to contribute to the team by giving out ammo/healing. They should make customization unlocks for healing and resupplying and reviving teammates, that might give some of the people who only care for themselves a reason to actually help others.
    -
  • JamieCurnock
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thread isn't about attrition or BF, its about muuuh L*vecaaaaaaaaaaap clickbait gibberish (see title).
    Written by L*velcap fanboy.
    It really is not surprising to see how sneaky L*velcap acts and pretends he never pushed for something like an attrition system. He himself went on his knees and begged for a slow paste tactical gameplay like his at first highly praised PUBG. He literally said he wants BF developers to look at PUBG how great PUBG is and that they may should bring in PUBG concept into BF.
    What L*velcap is not capable of is to understand (as always) that you cant bring PUBG into BF. It simply doesnt make any sense outside of the battle-royale mode. Goal of a PUBG is to survive by staying in the closing down circle and the longer you survive - the higher your rank in the game will be. Thats what the game is build on: You have only one live, limited health and limited ammo. This is why PUBG is so slow, you think twice before you change location in PUBG or before you shoot at a randomly passing by player to save ammo or risk the one life. On the opposite BF in its most popular mode conquest, is about capturing and defending objectives while having multiple lives.
    Staying alive by camping VS capturing and defending
    Battle royal VS Conquest
    The most important L*velcap forgets to mention is the fact that BF maps are so tiny small, even the biggest map they are up to release is probably too small. The attrition system only suits big maps with the combination of little time to kill and that would make BF5 more realistic like a simulation rather than an arcade fun shooter.
    And the only question that comes to my mind is WHO IS GOING TO PLAY THAT? 3 months after release will be like "oh cant find a server at my region" and then people will be redirected and forced to play on EU servers with massive ping and lags. And all because princess L*velcap wanted PUBG in Battlefield.
    I also think the only reason why he doesnt like the attrition system is because it deosnt benefit his massive kills streaks and will look bad on stream. Thats all L*velcap is about and this is why Dice has to reminded daily to ignore individual Y*utubers. They got themselves into a mess with BF5 because they listened to guys like L*velcap in first place.

I think if the servers become deserted blaming level cap is a bit of a reach.

Nobody is blaming L*velcap. Blaming L*velcap is like blaming the victim. The victim of the gamechanger program lmao

"oh cant find a server at my region" and then people will be redirected and forced to play on EU servers with massive ping and lags. And all because princess L*velcap wanted PUBG in Battlefield.

This kind of sounds like blaming levelcap to me.
  • Hawxxeye
    5366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »
    Now this adapting might be as Radious1987 states, by just running circles from station to station, or for some probably camping at or near a certain station. But for some it will be by actually starting to contribute to the team by giving out ammo/healing. They should make customization unlocks for healing and resupplying and reviving teammates, that might give some of the people who only care for themselves a reason to actually help others.
    -
    Knowing the community I expect a lot of people to specialize into ambushing people who try to ressuply themselves on the stations. If you know where a large chunck of the enemies will diffinitely go it is easier to lie in wait and mow them down with a bipoded MG42 or to put there some bouncing betties.

• Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    -
    Knowing the community I expect a lot of people to specialize into ambushing people who try to ressuply themselves on the stations. If you know where a large chunck of the enemies will diffinitely go it is easier to lie in wait and mow them down with a bipoded MG42 or to put there some bouncing betties.

This is true, i also believe the devs where looking at counter measures for resupplystation camping as well, so they will likely be put in places not directly suited for camping. Not that that will stop some players :P
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Hawxxeye wrote
    Could happen. As pilot I found that blindly dropping bombs on the supply stations in most cases resulted in kills. Same could happen if the mortar comes back.

• Hawxxeye
    edited October 2018
    @Hawxxeye wrote
    Could happen. As pilot I found that blindly dropping bombs on the supply stations in most cases resulted in kills. Same could happen if the mortar comes back.
    I also did that but forgot to talk about it. Yes this is how my life on the allied bomber was.
    -

This is true, i also believe the devs where looking at counter measures for resupplystation camping as well, so they will likely be put in places not directly suited for camping. Not that that will stop some players :P
    I doubt that will work. As long as we need to get very close to them to ressuply then it is easy to predict where the enemies will be at when they get to it.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    -

That's what I was actually just thinking about, before reading your comment, that I hadn't tried yet. Double stacking some S mines on the supply crates lol. Sounds like some really easy kills. Can probably get away with only one S mine by the health crates assuming those who go for it are likely to be injured.

Now if only you could also carry AT mines. Then you could drop one S mine and one AT mine by the supply station to get a kill and have another S mine for another supply station.
  • Hawxxeye
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    -

That's what I was actually just thinking about, before reading your comment, that I hadn't tried yet. Double stacking some S mines on the supply crates lol. Sounds like some really easy kills. Can probably get away with only one S mine by the health crates assuming those who go for it are likely to be injured.
    Or one can hide behind an ammo station and throw dynamite sticks over it to the other side where the enemies come to resupply from. By the time you are out of dynamite you can get more from the same station.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well since ammo boxes and pouches do not ressuply anymore any gadgets and nades, only way to get them is supply station - more reasons to go there again = more reasons for campers to drop bombs, betties or just camp around. Change which again can hurt support class when all it can do is provide ammo and nothing else.

If i am assault, fighting with a tank and i am out of rockets, support next to me cant help me anymore, so i need to run towards station, which can be far away meanwhile tank repairs itself....silly.
  • SirBobdk
    4017 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    It gives a new dimension to the game. Supply stations becomes almost more important than flags :wink:
    Maybe CQ should also be about capture and destroying supply depots. You can't use enemy supply stations but have to destroy and build a new one.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    -

Now if only you could also carry AT mines. Then you could drop one S mine and one AT mine by the supply station to get a kill and have another S mine for another supply station.

Double stacking always work, health stations are even better sometimes you get multikills of injured enemies, but one kill is always there with double stacking. Only thing it is not that fun, like destroying full tank.
    Its shame that we cant triple stack tank mines, they are visible from moon next to each other in bfv.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    @Hawxxeye wrote

its like mortaring mcom in HC mode XD
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    -

Or one can hide behind an ammo station and throw dynamite sticks over it to the other side where the enemies come to resupply from. By the time you are out of dynamite you can get more from the same station.

Wouldn't the dynamite destroy the supply station? I think you'd have to rebuild it then. I was thinking S mines might not since they're anti-infantry.

Plus you just drop them, move on and forget about them, and then lay down more later after you notice they got a kill in your on-screen feed.

The resupply box is perfect for that. Drop two, resupply, and now you've got 2 more in your inventory for later after the first set is triggered.

I could see this definitely becoming a common tactic. Might have to start being careful every time I try to get ammo from a supply station once more players catch on.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We dislike spread because it's random and out of our control yet we're ok with mechanics that limit the effectiveness of players?

Spread is not random in principle, and most certainly not out of our control. User issue.
    Why? Yes, I know it's a casual game but punishing strong players because they're punishing weak players is just abhorrent. I got good by getting my **** whooped for 350 hours in BF4. It made me into a strong player today.

You are a self-proclaimed mouse and keyboard user on both console platforms. The playstyle you feature on your videos is one of preying on PTFO players, never stepping foot on flags and playing medic solely for self heals. 337 revives to almost 10k medic kills sends a clear message. Your concept of skill with regard to objective based team oriented games is skewed. You might want to stick to LevelCraps comment section.
    bran1986 wrote: »

Are you afraid your teammates won't actually do it, leaving you screwed?

Um ... yes? Blueberries aren't exactly very dependent in Battlefield games ... hell, they're not dependable in any online game, ever. I'm probably going to have to call @MachoFantast1c0 (I'll give you plenty of ammo, I promise) every time I want to play a BFV match, because God knows the other medics on my team won't even lift a finger to help me out when I need them. I still remember my time with the beta ... I would run out into gunfire, sometimes even charging another bloody tank, just to do a squad revive that takes several seconds and get my revived teammate to safety by using a smoke grenade or distracting enemies, only to have the medics not bother to revive me when I'm in cover and no enemies are around.

I mean, it was pretty weird when I was constantly reviving my squad mates ... as a Support player ... XD

We'll all have to get used to this system, because DICE are not looking to change this anytime soon. They're desperate for the 'Battlefield veterans', who have not even played a BF game for over a decade in some cases, and who are completely outnumbered by other gaming demographics. At the same time, DICE is trying to cater to those other demographics. I truly wonder how this will end ... either this will be DICE's masterstroke, or this game will die faster than Hardline.

Me and @MachoFantast1c0 could always use another squad mate.

I will kill'em all to pick you guys back up, or die trying. Hopefully not to lack of ammo, so gotta work on my accuracy. Three more stars to go with the RSC.
  • Sixclicks
    edited October 2018
    I will kill'em all to pick you guys back up, or die trying. Hopefully not to lack of ammo, so gotta work on my accuracy. Three more stars to go with the RSC.

I can camp on a hill and be useless if you want, since that's all us scouts do. I know, I know... hard offer to turn down.

I have a feeling the RSC will end up being my main weapon in BFV. I'm really hoping it has the same fire rate as the BF1 RSC with a similar damage profile.
  • TyroneLoyd
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We dislike spread because it's random and out of our control yet we're ok with mechanics that limit the effectiveness of players?

Spread is not random in principle, and most certainly not out of our control. User issue.
    Why? Yes, I know it's a casual game but punishing strong players because they're punishing weak players is just abhorrent. I got good by getting my **** whooped for 350 hours in BF4. It made me into a strong player today.

You are a self-proclaimed mouse and keyboard user on both console platforms. The playstyle you feature on your videos is one of preying on PTFO players, never stepping foot on flags and playing medic solely for self heals. 337 revives to almost 10k medic kills sends a clear message. Your concept of skill with regard to objective based team oriented games is skewed. You might want to stick to LevelCraps comment section.
    bran1986 wrote: »

Are you afraid your teammates won't actually do it, leaving you screwed?

Um ... yes? Blueberries aren't exactly very dependent in Battlefield games ... hell, they're not dependable in any online game, ever. I'm probably going to have to call @MachoFantast1c0 (I'll give you plenty of ammo, I promise) every time I want to play a BFV match, because God knows the other medics on my team won't even lift a finger to help me out when I need them. I still remember my time with the beta ... I would run out into gunfire, sometimes even charging another bloody tank, just to do a squad revive that takes several seconds and get my revived teammate to safety by using a smoke grenade or distracting enemies, only to have the medics not bother to revive me when I'm in cover and no enemies are around.

I mean, it was pretty weird when I was constantly reviving my squad mates ... as a Support player ... XD

We'll all have to get used to this system, because DICE are not looking to change this anytime soon. They're desperate for the 'Battlefield veterans', who have not even played a BF game for over a decade in some cases, and who are completely outnumbered by other gaming demographics. At the same time, DICE is trying to cater to those other demographics. I truly wonder how this will end ... either this will be DICE's masterstroke, or this game will die faster than Hardline.

Me and @MachoFantast1c0 could always use another squad mate.

Halp I need a revive. Haaalp
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2026 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I can camp on a hill and be useless if you want, since that's all us scouts do. I know, I know... hard offer to turn down.

I have a feeling the RSC will end up being my main weapon in BFV. I'm really hoping it has the same fire rate as the BF1 RSC with a similar damage profile.

I know you won't be content to just staying put up there. Seeing all them big boys down by the flag will make you want to come down, at least to fire them flares of yours.

I'm curious how they will balance the differences between the RSC and ZH-29, both being two hit kill with comparable mag sizes, and neither OHK to the head. Hard to avoid one being better than the other in most circumstances.
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »

Halp I need a revive. Haaalp

Lol I won't revive you, you'd steal my MVP. Or, come to think of it, I guess it's rightfully yours. So be prepared for my needle, as dull as it might be.