We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

Gameplay Setting to Disable Female Character models???

TheLoneRecon
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I know this is going to get either locked becasue the mods have been ordered to or flamed but is it really to hard to add a setting like this for people that want an authentic feeling WWII game? I know many of my friends including me have talked about this and would actually give the game a chance if we could turn the game into a more authentic feel. I don't want to play the DICE's version of WWII history but I want to play WWII as it happened in actual history. This isn't about the fans being bigots, sexists, or racists but I want to feel like I'm in actual WWII not an alternate take on the most influential decade in world history.

Comments

• TheLoneRecon
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I fell like this would be a fair compromise for fans that want a legitimate WWII experience. Anyone else think its a bad or good idea?
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 4
    i hope they won't force me to play as a female soldier (nothing personal from my part) because i just won't like if i am in a battle and my character has a female voice, that will be strange and inappropriate for me. I think everyone should have option to customize characters before starting the game. And, pls don't lock such threads, thanks.
  • TheLoneRecon
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I believe that they've already stated that a 'kill-switch' will not be provided. Unless that changes you'll either have to put up with whatever inaccuracies you dislike or simply play a different game.

Not flaming you btw - just pointing out the choices you'll seemingly have.

I don't see why that would even be a hard or bad thing to do. DICE has just lost their way.
  • ElliotLH
    4131 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I believe that they've already stated that a 'kill-switch' will not be provided. Unless that changes you'll either have to put up with whatever inaccuracies you dislike or simply play a different game.

I don't see why that would even be a hard or bad thing to do. DICE has just lost their way.

Presumably you'll have to put that down to them simply not wanting to.
  • doctorrocktor
    1409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The only time i realised a female was near by was when they screamed in pain,not really game breaking.
  • moosehunter1969
    913 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Realistically how many players are going to pick female characters? I reckon that they’ll be rare as rocking horse poop, used mainly by people who want to wind other players up and female players. Although I also reckon most female players will pick a male character model. Cos like mersion and all that.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    303 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    i hope they won't force me to play as a female soldier (nothing personal from my part) because i just won't like if i am in a battle and my character has a female voice, that will be strange and inappropriate for me. I think everyone should have option to customize characters before starting the game. And, pls don't lock such threads, thanks.

The only time you'll be "forced" to play as a women is during the campaign. Mutliplayer will be fully customizable. That's been stated by DICE several times now.

stated? Nice , sorry i missed it somehow.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    399 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Female characters are here to stay!Period
  • xXCA_RageXx
    880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I highly doubt it's as easy as flipping a switch. It would be probably more complicated than we would think and not nearly worth their time to do so. Get used to it or move on is my suggestion.
  • TFBisquit
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    This game will always force everyone to see the other models, after all, who would buy new skins and models if he/she would be the only one that sees them?
    So I doubt a flip switch would be implemented, if at all possible. Or some setting added for that.
    Nah, that's never gonna happen.
    Then I don't mind such things as female characters and skins etc. just as long as it's not over the top, like some female tarzan with prosthetics that behaves like superman.
  • Noromiz
    122 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This sounds like something that could be an option for admins on rented servers, to make a more "historic experience" or something.
    Same with "only historical cosmetics" and "faction based weapons".
  • BURGERKRIEG
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would not mind the women so much if I could get a special mode/option which covered the women in more modest clothing in keeping with the religious conventions of my homeland.

Newcastle upon Tyne.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!