Gameplay Setting to Disable Female Character models???

TheLoneRecon
10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
I know this is going to get either locked becasue the mods have been ordered to or flamed but is it really to hard to add a setting like this for people that want an authentic feeling WWII game? I know many of my friends including me have talked about this and would actually give the game a chance if we could turn the game into a more authentic feel. I don't want to play the DICE's version of WWII history but I want to play WWII as it happened in actual history. This isn't about the fans being bigots, sexists, or racists but I want to feel like I'm in actual WWII not an alternate take on the most influential decade in world history.

Comments

• TheLoneRecon
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I fell like this would be a fair compromise for fans that want a legitimate WWII experience. Anyone else think its a bad or good idea?
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 4
    i hope they won't force me to play as a female soldier (nothing personal from my part) because i just won't like if i am in a battle and my character has a female voice, that will be strange and inappropriate for me. I think everyone should have option to customize characters before starting the game. And, pls don't lock such threads, thanks.
  • TheLoneRecon
    ElliotLH wrote: »
    I believe that they've already stated that a 'kill-switch' will not be provided. Unless that changes you'll either have to put up with whatever inaccuracies you dislike or simply play a different game.

Not flaming you btw - just pointing out the choices you'll seemingly have.

I don't see why that would even be a hard or bad thing to do. DICE has just lost their way.
  • ElliotLH
    3596 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I believe that they've already stated that a 'kill-switch' will not be provided. Unless that changes you'll either have to put up with whatever inaccuracies you dislike or simply play a different game.

I don't see why that would even be a hard or bad thing to do. DICE has just lost their way.

Presumably you'll have to put that down to them simply not wanting to.
  • doctorrocktor
    1361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The only time i realised a female was near by was when they screamed in pain,not really game breaking.
  • moosehunter1969
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Realistically how many players are going to pick female characters? I reckon that they’ll be rare as rocking horse poop, used mainly by people who want to wind other players up and female players. Although I also reckon most female players will pick a male character model. Cos like mersion and all that.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    i hope they won't force me to play as a female soldier (nothing personal from my part) because i just won't like if i am in a battle and my character has a female voice, that will be strange and inappropriate for me. I think everyone should have option to customize characters before starting the game. And, pls don't lock such threads, thanks.

The only time you'll be "forced" to play as a women is during the campaign. Mutliplayer will be fully customizable. That's been stated by DICE several times now.

stated? Nice , sorry i missed it somehow.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    365 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Female characters are here to stay!Period
  • xXCA_RageXx
    568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I highly doubt it's as easy as flipping a switch. It would be probably more complicated than we would think and not nearly worth their time to do so. Get used to it or move on is my suggestion.
  • TFBisquit
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    This game will always force everyone to see the other models, after all, who would buy new skins and models if he/she would be the only one that sees them?
    So I doubt a flip switch would be implemented, if at all possible. Or some setting added for that.
    Nah, that's never gonna happen.
    Then I don't mind such things as female characters and skins etc. just as long as it's not over the top, like some female tarzan with prosthetics that behaves like superman.
  • Noromiz
    61 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This sounds like something that could be an option for admins on rented servers, to make a more "historic experience" or something.
    Same with "only historical cosmetics" and "faction based weapons".
  • BURGERKRIEG
    452 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I would not mind the women so much if I could get a special mode/option which covered the women in more modest clothing in keeping with the religious conventions of my homeland.

Newcastle upon Tyne.
This discussion has been closed.