Any MnK users on console in here?

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I was wondering how many are happy to proclaim proud ownership of a mouse and keyboard setup on console. I have no issues myself, I’d probably use them too if the options weren’t so expensive...

Comments

• dA_9_eL_81
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I knew one person once... But he is in a better place now... RIP @HuwJarz
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    I knew one person once... But he is in a better place now... RIP @HuwJarz

Sorry to hear that dude
  • BaronVonGoon
    6389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I am a happy and proud mouse user on Xbox one X and previously PS4. Been using it since 2016. Will never ever use controller again for any shooter games.
  • mav_smileyface
    I am a happy and proud mouse user on Xbox one X and previously PS4. Been using it since 2016. Will never ever use controller again for any shooter games.

FairPlay man ! You using xim4? If there was a cheaper more justifiable option for me I would use aswell
  • BaronVonGoon
    6389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

FairPlay man ! You using xim4? If there was a cheaper more justifiable option for me I would use aswell

Venom X which is about the same price as XIM, XIM is better though. There are other adaptors which are cheaper. Titan, Cronusmax etc... are all cheaper. You can find them on Amazon.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If SONY and Microsoft are going to start supporting M+K for console, then they need to pony up and ship a standard, console-use M+K with every new console purchase.

I know it's no use trying to argue the ethics of M+K on a console FPS, so they should at least then make that the standard. We all want an even playing field yes?
  • BaronVonGoon
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    If SONY and Microsoft are going to start supporting M+K for console, then they need to pony up and ship a standard, console-use M+K with every new console purchase.

I know it's no use trying to argue the ethics of M+K on a console FPS, so they should at least then make that the standard. We all want an even playing field yes?

Yes, but we could also ask or racing wheels and fight sticks etc... all special equipment for their genres, same with mnk. Controller is what comes with console because it works for all genres. But if you want to go hardcore in one genre of games, you have to spend $ on the equipment that goes with it.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Yes, but we could also ask or racing wheels and fight sticks etc... all special equipment for their genres, same with mnk. Controller is what comes with console because it works for all genres. But if you want to go hardcore in one genre of games, you have to spend $ on the equipment that goes with it.

I guess, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure what there is to be done about it, but it ruins the symmetry of competition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't M+K on console also compatible with macros that you can program into the device?
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited October 2018

I guess, but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not sure what there is to be done about it, but it ruins the symmetry of competition.

True. It's one of the reasons I don't bother trying Racing games or fighting games.

(I understand this sounds hypocritical but despite having respectable stats I've been a gamer for only 3 years, mouse is all I know. Ive no desire nor the time to learn using a controller.)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't M+K on console also compatible with macros that you can program into the device?

Not that I know of honestly. You can program it to shoot full auto. So you can turn SLRs into full auto. But it works so badly that it becomes a liability as soon as you have a target outside of CQB whereby you need to slow your shots otherwise you bullets will fly everywhere. I used it for a few days 2 years ago and haven't used it since because it's a gimmick, completely useless.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If we got games like Simcity, Red Alert or Football Manager for the PS4 then I would buy a MnK-setup in a heartbeat...
    But I´m a console-peasant so I have always been playing FPS with the standard-controller...