We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

BF 5 Managed to have the weakest bolt action rifles of the genre??

-L-M3rc3n4ry
464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I wonder if there are one, just one game where snipers are weaker than on BF V. I an a huge FPS fan, BF 5 new "hard hitting sniper" dealing so little damage, that you can't even get assist = kill, but the shotgun with the rifle underbarrel can. In fact, the ADS time is ridiculous high, the rifles have a BB gun muzzle speed compared to IRL, snipers was pretty strong in most BF games.

On BF2, any shot take off 95% of the enemy health, even a feet shot, there are no health regen and the sidearm is very precise. Not mention M95 being insanely good against armored vehicles. On BFBC2, M95 + MA can OHK up to 40m, and most full auto weapons have a very long TTK, not mention mortar strike + destruction 2.0. On BF3/4, there are a thing called hardcore and SKS for normal mode(or shotgun + slugs). On BF H, they can OHK at certain range. BF1, have sweetspot, realistic muzzle speed, insanely fast cycles, good 2HK sidearms, etc;

And if you go outside of BF games, snipers are pretty good in arcade games like Heroes & Generals where Mosin/K98/Springfield can OHK if fully modded at insane sway/low ROF cost and PTRD-1941 anti tank rifle can 4-5 HK any light/medium tank and OHK infantry with a feet shot. On Warrock, NTW-20 is ridiculous powerful. And on realistic games, they are more strong. GM6 Lynx can OHK you inside an amored vehicle or destroy an chopper with just one "rotor shot".

Anyone knows an FPS, just one FPS with weaker snipers than BF V??? I never saw any... And i played a lot of FPS games.

Comments

• Noodlesocks
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It is a shame the rifles do so little damage. The highest risk should reap the highest reward and that just doesn't seem to be the case in BF5. It seems to be the opposite with the easiest to use weapons being the most efficient.
  • Gforce81
    3521 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is a shame the rifles do so little damage. The highest risk should reap the highest reward and that just doesn't seem to be the case in BF5. It seems to be the opposite with the easiest to use weapons being the most efficient.

See STG 44

This world we live in, where fully automatic, m1+W=Success is the "right" way to play, and taking precise, aimed shots lands the "useless, camping (insert insult)" moniker is just nutty
  • biotek7
    228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The weapons are being tweaked. They even called out the STG specifically for being too good as a starter weapon.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    464 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    biotek7 wrote: »
    The weapons are being tweaked. They even called out the STG specifically for being too good as a starter weapon.

And snipers, will still deal a ridiculous low amount of damage and BB gun muzzle speed, making any bipoded LMG better for long range??
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1544 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Good, now remove bolt action altogether and PTFO players will bowl before Dice.
  • Gforce81
    3521 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm not sure what the USBC has to do with this situation
  • Kunstula
    361 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited October 8
    From my experience with past BF games weapons don't usually get tweaked far off from their starting point, so I have very little hope that bolt action rifles in BF5 will have their damage increased to something proper like 90 instead of the troll amount of 55.
  • Hawxxeye
    2678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    It only takes a few seconds to realize how much the MMGs would dominate in the absence of ohk headshots
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It wont kill hillsnipers,it just kills ptfo snipers.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry

Yes, nobody will camp with an LMG, semi auto rifle, mortar, shotgun + slugs, etc; is impossible to kill someone inside the objective with a SMLE, Martini, etc on BF1/sarcasm
  • madman001able
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 8
    Isn't there already a thread about this subject? And the 'cqb sniper' crowd need to do their homework. lmao.
    Post edited by madman001able on
  • madman001able
    609 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do you call a sniper that uses iron sights instead of a scope, and fights in cqb?
  • madman001able
    The assault class, that's what! Roflmfao!
  • Sixclicks
    4411 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They probably are the weakest version of bolt actions in any game I've ever played. The pathetically low damage really hurts PTFO recons the most. Luckily we at least get SLRs though. Bolt actions, in their current state, will be practically useless for all but campers.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    A sniper should not be playing the objective.....its not the gun for it. Snipers dont run around and one shot guys at 100 meters. Dice caters to the sniper crowd by giving them easy OHK mechanics and dorito making spotting scopes.
  • madman001able
    A sniper should not be playing the objective.....its not the gun for it. Snipers dont run around and one shot guys at 100 meters. Dice caters to the sniper crowd by giving them easy OHK mechanics and dorito making spotting scopes.

The 'dorito's' are now ritz crackers lol.
  • von_Campenstein
    5912 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Oh really?

• theONEFORCE
    2788 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if there are one, just one game where snipers are weaker than on BF V. I an a huge FPS fan, BF 5 new "hard hitting sniper" dealing so little damage, that you can't even get assist = kill, but the shotgun with the rifle underbarrel can. In fact, the ADS time is ridiculous high, the rifles have a BB gun muzzle speed compared to IRL, snipers was pretty strong in most BF games.

On BF2, any shot take off 95% of the enemy health, even a feet shot, there are no health regen and the sidearm is very precise. Not mention M95 being insanely good against armored vehicles. On BFBC2, M95 + MA can OHK up to 40m, and most full auto weapons have a very long TTK, not mention mortar strike + destruction 2.0. On BF3/4, there are a thing called hardcore and SKS for normal mode(or shotgun + slugs). On BF H, they can OHK at certain range. BF1, have sweetspot, realistic muzzle speed, insanely fast cycles, good 2HK sidearms, etc;

And if you go outside of BF games, snipers are pretty good in arcade games like Heroes & Generals where Mosin/K98/Springfield can OHK if fully modded at insane sway/low ROF cost and PTRD-1941 anti tank rifle can 4-5 HK any light/medium tank and OHK infantry with a feet shot. On Warrock, NTW-20 is ridiculous powerful. And on realistic games, they are more strong. GM6 Lynx can OHK you inside an amored vehicle or destroy an chopper with just one "rotor shot".

Anyone knows an FPS, just one FPS with weaker snipers than BF V??? I never saw any... And i played a lot of FPS games.

Managed? Are you from the future? As far as I know BFV isn't out yet.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    436 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What do you call a sniper that uses iron sights instead of a scope, and fights in cqb?

hipster
    Troll
    Edgelord

are the words that come to mind