This Week in Battlefield V

One possible reason why BFV sales are down

Red_Label_Scotch
1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BFV isn't out yet.
  • Matty101yttam
    962 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    your point...you can still buy it
  • ragnarok013
    3226 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Not only is BF1 broken BF4 now has the same crappy browser as BF1 does. Inaccurate player counts. What is the problem with giving accurate server info???? You refresh the browser and see some servers that look like there are maybe 54 of 64. Only to gain access and find that there are 2 players. BF1 it's either 64 of 64 with a sizable queue or something like 62 of 64 only to find that there is a queue of 5 or 6 players waiting. WTF??? Why can't EA/Dice get the browsers working correctly? Along with the constant DDOS attacks rendering the games useless. Why would anyone want to buy BFV??? To get more crap service from EA/Dice? EA is making it quite clear it doesn't care very much about customer experience. Or customer satisfaction. EA just wants to suck money out of it's customers and doesn't really want to make an investment in "customer satisfaction" or support. It is the same nonsense over and over again.

You can still use Battlelog to join BF4 games, in fact it's the only method that I use when playing BF4 on PC because I hate the BF1 multiplayer UI.
  • BigF33t_13
    6677 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Your source?
  • FritzCT
    315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Are they still low? I know they were back in August but that was before the beta. In fact I think it was before the second Alpha as well so only a few people had the chance to try it out at that point (remember there were issues with the first Alpha). Also remember BF V has some very different game play mechanics and any sensible person would be hesitant to shell out their cash without knowing they were going to like them (or at least adapt to them).

Then there was all the hoohaa about women, minorities, customisation, etc. on top of a history of poor releases from EA.

It was also competing with Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2 at the time.

Then we can look at the lack of a road map for DLC.

There were simply too many unknowns back then so, although probably a concern to EA, it's really not that surprising that sales were weak at that point and I doubt it had very much to do with BF1's performance either then or now. And for the record I can't see how you getting stuck on an invisible wall is game breaking; frustrating yes, game breaking no - you do realise that you could have run around the building don't you?

I've not seen any recent data on sales so I don't know if they are still weak but even if they are I'd hazard a guess that lots of people have every intention of buying it but simply haven't yet done so. I, for one, am in that camp.

Fritz
  • Carbonic
    1386 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    From looking at the extreme FOV in the video in the first post I wonder if it's harder to get over small ledges when you have 95 degree vision :D
  • FellowStranger
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    I definietly wont buy BFV right away, probably will wait for some discounts like i bought BF1 for 5$ and premium as free bonus.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Your source?

https://ibb.co/k76S19
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Your source?

https://ibb.co/k76S19

I think he means what is your source that the sales of BFV are down, when the game is yet to be released. You can pass judgement on pre-order sales which would be its own seperate discussion, but pre-oder sales can be misleading. Clearly it reflects consumer reservations (which lay deeper than your character struggling to navigate through a hole), but opinions sway as the game develops and as more information is released to the player base. In time, sales figures will speak for themselves once the game is released.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not only is BF1 broken BF4 now has the same crappy browser as BF1 does. Inaccurate player counts. What is the problem with giving accurate server info???? You refresh the browser and see some servers that look like there are maybe 54 of 64. Only to gain access and find that there are 2 players...... Why can't EA/Dice get the browsers working correctly?

Call it a conspiracy theory but perhaps EA is tired of everyone still playing BF4 so they're sabotaging the game via the browser to kill it off. It's not a question of why can't Dice/EA get the browser working correctly. It's, why won't they? They have the ability to fix these problems. They're choosing not to.

• Titan_Awaken
    728 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Not only is BF1 broken BF4 now has the same crappy browser as BF1 does. Inaccurate player counts. What is the problem with giving accurate server info???? You refresh the browser and see some servers that look like there are maybe 54 of 64. Only to gain access and find that there are 2 players...... Why can't EA/Dice get the browsers working correctly?

Call it a conspiracy theory but perhaps EA is tired of everyone still playing BF4 so they're sabotaging the game via the browser to kill it off. It's not a question of why can't Dice/EA get the browser working correctly. It's, why won't they? They have the ability to fix these problems. They're choosing not to.

Look, I don't like EA. At all. And I especially wouldn't even consider defending them but this is just kinda ridiculous.

With that being said, a happy customer is a returning customer. Chances are, if a customer is unsatisfied with the product, something tells me that they won't be returning for the follow up of that product, be it a game or anything else.

So yeah, if the game is broken, literally no one wins. Not EA. Not the customer.
  • -Antares65z
    1646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

Look, I don't like EA. At all. And I especially wouldn't even consider defending them but this is just kinda ridiculous.

Have you been paying attention to what is going on in American politics right now? If you are, then I'm not sure how you could consider my theory ridiculous.

• CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Funny how people complain especially about the sales as if they work with EA LMAO
  • NamelessForNow
    1437 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Have you been paying attention to what is going on in American politics right now? If you are, then I'm not sure how you could consider my theory ridiculous.

Still a ridiculous theory.
  • JPhysics
    804 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is my source? OK, let`s play.
    -

Lets play? Clearly you didn't absorb one word from my answer to your question.
  • TyroneLoyd_TV
    1380 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    What is my source? OK, let`s play.
    -

Lets play? Clearly you didn't absorb one word from my answer to your question.

Reading is hard for some.
  • ragnarok013
    3226 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Funny how people complain especially about the sales as if they work with EA LMAO

No it isn't, more sales equals more people to play with and fewer sales equals fewer people to play with. Many people look to the initial popularity of a game to help decide if it's worth buying or if they should wait a month or two in order to see if a game's still alive.
  • CedarOfLebanon
    604 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    No one is grabbing you by the ear and forcing you to buy the game if you do not like it, it is totally YOUR choice whether to buy the game or not. You also have a good timeframe to request a refund if you do not like a game you bought on origin, so if you buy a game and you didnt like it and you KEPT IT WITHOUT REQUESTING A REFUND, it was YOUR choice, you cant blame the devs.