So I'm getting a SCUF

Gforce81
3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It's ordered. Going with the previous "Impact" controller over the Vantage. Waaaay too many bad reviews on the vantage recently, plus I'm not convinced those SAX buttons are really all that useful.

Been using a Kontrol Freek stick attachment for well over 2 years now, and I thought this was the logical next step. I'm sick of having to pull my R hand off the controller to hit a D-pad input, and fat-finger the wrong key.

Being able to have some D-pad and face button functions on the paddles will be super nice. More fluidity in my aiming and movement is what I'm hoping to go towards. With self-healing med packs, your regular gadgets, and Fortifications, there's starting to be a lot of input to stay on top of, all while maneuvering and aiming and shooting, etc.

I'm not sure how the trigger adjustments will go, the "Hair trigger" screw and other options I've never messed around with really, but who knows, they could be of great benefit.

Anyone here currently use, or have used a SCUF before?

Comments

• HonestSoul333
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My friend had one for his 360. Was neat but he never used the extra buttons or really any of the other features he payed for. It looked nice but that was about it as far as i could tell. Used it myself a couple of times and honestly think i preferred the regular controllers because there arent extra triggers in the way that you accidentally press.
  • Gforce81
    My friend had one for his 360. Was neat but he never used the extra buttons or really any of the other features he payed for. It looked nice but that was about it as far as i could tell. Used it myself a couple of times and honestly think i preferred the regular controllers because there arent extra triggers in the way that you accidentally press.

Yeah, its going to be an adjustment for sure. I haven't had a chance to hold one in person yet, so I'm flying blind as far as that goes.

Just had a good experience with the thumbstick extension, so thought this would be a good transition. It'll be good to be able to be more fluid with everything.

One thing I am worried about; I know the thumbsticks can be removed and replaced etc. But I'm not sure if that changes the actual "action" at all, like the actuator under the stick. I'm pretty picky about my controller, and I can't STAND any loose stick that'll drift. I'm hoping the tolerances stay nice and tight

The reviews I've seen on it are promising, people with SCUF's +1 year old and still doing real well.

• Gforce81
    I'm excited to put the new movement system to use with my new controller.

I've gotten used to it, but I don't feel like I've really gotten great use out of the extra functions so far. BF1 was a great arena to adjust to the controller, but its waaaaaay too limiting in regards to what you can and can not do with your movement in that game

Being able to dive to supine, to the sides, crouch run and turn my view, self heal; all while keeping my thumbs on the sticks is going to be invaluable I feel.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6154 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Xim > scuff
  • Gforce81
    Xim > scuff

I'm not even gonna go there
  • TEKNOCODE
    10364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Xim > scuff
    giphy.gif
    Gforce81 wrote: »
    It's ordered. Going with the previous "Impact" controller over the Vantage. Waaaay too many bad reviews on the vantage recently, plus I'm not convinced those SAX buttons are really all that useful.

Been using a Kontrol Freek stick attachment for well over 2 years now, and I thought this was the logical next step. I'm sick of having to pull my R hand off the controller to hit a D-pad input, and fat-finger the wrong key.

Being able to have some D-pad and face button functions on the paddles will be super nice. More fluidity in my aiming and movement is what I'm hoping to go towards. With self-healing med packs, your regular gadgets, and Fortifications, there's starting to be a lot of input to stay on top of, all while maneuvering and aiming and shooting, etc.

I'm not sure how the trigger adjustments will go, the "Hair trigger" screw and other options I've never messed around with really, but who knows, they could be of great benefit.

If I still owned a PS4 when this scuf released, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-gets-an-official-elite-style-controller-for-20/1100-6459122/
  • Gforce81
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Xim > scuff
    giphy.gif

If I still owned a PS4 when this scuf released, I would have purchased it in a heartbeat.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-gets-an-official-elite-style-controller-for-20/1100-6459122/

Weirdly enough, I've heard some awful things about the Vantage

I was tempted to get it, but apparently there are lots of issues with the build of the vantage. Loose deadzones, non-responsive inputs and other shenanigans.

I went with the step down from that, the "Impact"
  • TEKNOCODE
    10364 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Xim > scuff
    giphy.gif

Weirdly enough, I've heard some awful things about the Vantage

I was tempted to get it, but apparently there are lots of issues with the build of the vantage. Loose deadzones, non-responsive inputs and other shenanigans.

I went with the step down from that, the "Impact"

Aye. I saw you mention the vantage, but I didn’t realize it was the controller that I linked.

I have heard good things about scuf in general.

I use the elite and I can’t see myself playing without paddles ever again.