Weekly Debrief

New skins on the Exchange

Comments

• Ronin9572
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    boutneus wrote: »
    25 packs, 1 normal skin new. Remind me again how much I hate these RNG, at least exchange is good

I got around 10 new skins, no new legendaries, but 2 new vehicle skins.

Scrapping all duplicates from the 25 BP's got me 2000 scraps with which I got 1 of the legendaries from the exchange :)

There is 1 more legendary from the exchange I want, so back to Operations campaign and doing the road to BF V assignments for scraps.

I got 8 new skins, but no legendary's. But got about 2200 in scraps so I bought the Towards the Flame with it and I had 2k from before so I grabbed the Amos Wilder. They all look great, just don't care much for the well used Federov skin
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    PhantomDJ wrote: »
    "Toward the Flame" - Annihilator
    "Der Sturm" - LMG 08/18
    "Marasti" - Fedorov Avtomat
    "Company K" - M1917 Enfield
    "Ma P'tite Mimi" - Chauchat
    "De Chirico" - Carcano M91 Carbine
    "Amos Wilder" - M1917 MG

Haven't seen these "legendary" skins anywhere before, except in my missing inventory. "Only" 2,000 scraps each.

My favorite is "Toward the Flame". Looks great.

Enjoy

Wait?!? These skin were supposed to arrive today? I saw them on Monday. Weird 🤔

They were first available on Monday, but they were glitched, as you couldn't actually buy them. DICE removed them from the exchange a few minutes after they were put up. Now, the skins are back, and this time, they can be purchased properly.

Most of my scrap pile is gone now, but then again, it's not hard to earn scraps with the Road To BFV challenges. The 25 free packs also helped, and I even got a few puzzle pieces; I got two Dud Club pieces ... a week after building it ... XD

I'm glad that I've got some great skins for some of my most used guns now ... the Chauchat already had nice skins, but its nice to see even more variety now. The only skins I didn't purchase were the M1911 skin (already had this), the Repieterpistole skin (had this as well) and the Fedorov skin (I don't like worn out skins, which is why I was using Special skins for the APOC weapons for a long time).

Now, I just need a fancy Legendary skin for the Howell Automatic, Ross and the RSC SMG ... let's hope that we get them next week.

I'm still confused as to why DICE has decided to hand these out months after they were implemented into the base game ... I truly wonder if DICE will do the same thing for BFV ... tease new content, and then release it literally half a year later ...

So I was fortunate enough to notice that mistake to let it confuse me to the point of creating a thread in hope of not being only one xD Well, things are back on track again in that regard.

Battlefield V better not to have these cosmetic revision/airlift drop problems, especially if post-launch monetization heavily relies on them. Unless they want to boost forum activity.
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I really like “der sturm”

Reminds me of Captain Phasmas armor
  • Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really like “der sturm”

Reminds me of Captain Phasmas armor

It looks far better than the main Legendary skin for it, the Zauberflote; the Zauberflote looks like as if it was thrown down a tall mountain, then found by some random animal that defecated on it, before being found by the original owner of the gun, who was so enraged by the animal's actions that he sacrificed it and spilled it's blood all over the poor LMG.

On yet another side note, I was getting kind of worried about the skin selection for BFV, because all of them looked either rugged or highly improvised ... I know that a lot of people like those sorts of skins, but there are others out there who like fancy skins, so it did seem that DICE wasn't catering to us. Fortunately, some of DICE's new posts on Twitter show engraved skin parts, chromed skin parts, and even an engraved gold skin. There's also something called 'White Tiger' for German guns, which makes me wonder if this is a reference to a 2012 Russian movie, or something else entirely.
  • hawkseye17
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All I want is a decent skin for the G.98
  • L3wY_9507
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hope DICE will give us some extra days to get those skins. Still need 3 of them, and Monday is almost here. :( :'(
  • ThunderTaters
    130 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    L3wYx95 wrote: »
    I hope DICE will give us some extra days to get those skins. Still need 3 of them, and Monday is almost here. :( :'(

I concur.

I really want more daily road to bfv scrap rewards, at least until the end of the year.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018

I concur.

I really want more daily road to bfv scrap rewards, at least until the end of the year.

It was back to Operations Campaign for me. You can get 400-500 scraps from those packs, and your limit is two packs per day.

EDIT: and here’s what’s coming for this week’s exchange.

Post edited by Ploodovic on
  • NLBartmaN
    3466 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully there will be another Operations Campaign soon to get the extra scraps needed for the exchange skins.

2000 scraps for a skins is a lot if you look how long it takes to get that, even with Road to BF V assignments (max 600 a day)
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Hopefully there will be another Operations Campaign soon to get the extra scraps needed for the exchange skins.

2000 scraps for a skins is a lot if you look how long it takes to get that, even with Road to BF V assignments (max 600 a day)

I agree. I'm collecting the skins and I am now low on scraps, I could afford to get me the Howell and RSC SMG skin, but now I gotta save up as many as I can for the rest of them, going for Tondern Raid or Billy Michell. However this will be hard without the Operations campaign.
  • boutneus
    2474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    Got the scraps but im on vacation lol. Hope this 1 sticks around for a bit
  • CS-2107
    1554 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    boutneus wrote: »
    Got the scraps but im on vacation lol. Hope this 1 sticks around for a bit

probably will stick around til next monday
  • MarxistDictator
    4949 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just a little annoyed I wasted like 18000 scraps the other day thinking we were stuck with the ultimate revision. Only got like 2 things I didn't have too.

But I do have a RSC SMG higher rarity skin that doesn't look like doom textures, that's gotta be worth something.
  • ThunderTaters
    Just a little annoyed I wasted like 18000 scraps the other day thinking we were stuck with the ultimate revision. Only got like 2 things I didn't have too.

But I do have a RSC SMG higher rarity skin that doesn't look like doom textures, that's gotta be worth something.

Omg same here dude. At the end of august, I spent 45k scraps and got 3 legendary skins I didn't have and two of them were released for the exchange. I really should of seem that coming...
  • ThunderTaters
    Ploodovic wrote: »

I concur.

It was back to Operations Campaign for me. You can get 400-500 scraps from those packs, and your limit is two packs per day.

Yay, I get to exterminate 14k scraps...again.

I really only have time to play through one ops campaign a day :/
  • L3wY_9507
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This should be up for 2 weeks minimum.
    I'm also trying to collect them, but 1 week is just too short to unlock all of these legendary weapon skins.
  • NLBartmaN
    3466 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This should be up for 2 weeks minimum.
    I'm also trying to collect them, but 1 week is just too short to unlock all of these legendary weapon skins.

I agree, but also an option to be able to get more scraps/Battlepacks in a week would be fine.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Yawn, Twitter. Why they don't info us on here, on official forums about upcoming revisions?