Weekly Debrief

Feedback on Debrief Oct12

Popa2caps
577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited October 2018
I'm not sure if i should post this under the OCT 12 debrief or what, mod can you move it if it should be there. I didn't post there because the lack of comments, don't know if Dice reads these anyway or if they use a hashtag to collect the data. Let's test, #money #bacon #baconWmoreBACON
danmotoxx wrote: »
Bipods
  • What was the bipod issue that was fixed?
  • Dan Mitre (Global Community Manager): In Beta, the bipod animation was wonky as you ADS. If you were to ADS close to any object that you can bipod on you would lose in the firefight. Why? The bipod animation is much longer than if you were to ADS - the game instantly prioritizes bipod animation over your manual ADS. We fixed that. We also adjusted timings further across the board, deploying the bipod and aiming down sight can be done at exactly the same time now, which really helps with stop-and-go bipod gameplay and more particularly the MMGs.
  • Any chance we’ll get an option to turn off auto-bipod?
  • FL: If this is a common request we could definitely look into adding that feature.
  • Any thoughts on adding freelook when using a bipod? So, you're able to look right and left (albeit a little limited) and not lose your bipod weapon as often as you would when moving the sights right/left.
  • FL: That would probably require us to either get away from auto-deploy bipod or add a key that can be used while bipoded, or maybe there is a better solution! I haven’t thought through it a lot, but the idea is interesting for sure - could be expanded to more than bipod I would say.

I vote yes 100%, i never did like auto bipod feature, plus the freelook amazing. The more freedom to the player, it's always welcome. I would like settings where i could setup what happens while in bipod mode also.
Example of settings
- Icons show up while in bipod turn completely off (Yes - No)
- You could go deeper with an advanced menu like, Friendly Icon, Flags, Vehicles etc.

Could even add a whole menu for bipods to do specific things while in this mode like change controls and or turn off some buttons. So much fun to be had.
wrote:
Blog Feedback – Road to Battlefield V

General
  • Why not just force the map packs as an update to BF1 so all the current player base can use them?
  • Andrew Gulotta (Producer): With every update rolled out to Battlefield 1, all content was delivered to every player who owned the base game. However, each expansion pack and its content were locked. Access limitations are lifted once a player either purchases a standalone expansion pack or Premium Pass. So, in short, everyone who owns Battlefield 1 that has latest updates installed has all content readily accessible. Now, how do we ensure all maps are played regardless of parent expansion pack? We want to mitigate against segmentation as much as we can, so we’ve ramped up our weekly map rotations, which contains a thematically, curated list of maps (both base game and expansion packs) that all players can access (regardless if you own Premium Pass or not) for the week that the map rotation is active.
I'm not sure, but it sounds like the person is asking why you didn't just make everyone download the DLCs because the season pass was free or is free for BF1, That's the way i take it.

wrote:
Blog Feedback – How to Customize and Specialize Weapons in Battlefield V

Customization General
  • Can we expect more weapon cosmetics than what we saw in the beta?
  • FL: Absolutely, there will be a lot more weapon customizations available at launch!
  • Will any sight be available on any weapon?
  • FL: No, sights are part of the weapon balance and we want to make sure to add sights that properly fit the weapon’s intended range. In general, all weapons have access to at least 3 different types of sights including the iron sight.

-Any chance if a non text based weapon upgrade screen? I look at the weapon upgrade system in BF5 like Star Wars Bf2, Will bad for Battlefield in my opinion, was hoping for more BF4 for weapon upgrade system, any chance for a system like that in a update?
-I'm sorry, the sight issue really bothers me, Why can't some weapons get sights again? Please understand i'm coming from BF4, over BF1 and Hardline. Shouldn't the player be the factor in if their weapon has a sight or not?
-The upgrade system in the beta was the main reason i got my friend to stop the pre order, It's a major factor in if i'm going to get the game. Can you be direct, coming from BF4 will there be a major limiting factor in weapon upgrades over that title, compared to BF5?

wrote:
Movement
  • Will top gunners be able to duck into the turret?
  • FL: This is something we are investigating. It would be a great thing to add some elements of survival!

Sweet idea, also a good idea is to make the iron sights high res, Battlefield has always had the lowest iron sights of any game i know for turrets, Just bad looking and hard to use, like no focus at all goes into them. It's like some dot just gets places over 4px object and called complete. High res textures at eye level in games go a very long way.

Other ideas i have that may help the title
  1. Vehicles Spawns - I started playing Battlefield back on the original Xbox with Battlefield 2 Modern Combat, and one thing i noticed is you don't spawn civilian vehicles any more for use for the players, Why is that? During the beta, you had countless vehicles on the street in that city map, and i thought, what a overlooked feature. People would use them to block off the streets or run people over, i'm not saying that vehicles that spawn by default should always be there or respawn, just saying it would be more of a sandbox with features like this.
  2. Hardcore mode - Will it be at launch? I ask this, because i don't like hud icons and non friendly fire games. Is this something being looked at?
  3. Melee Automation - Any chance to disable auto melee automation in the settings?
  4. Menu Screen - Any chance for a more direct title screen? (One without the background images with light rays behind them, moving over time).
  5. Intro Video - It's common for PC players to disable intro videos, mind just adding this in the settings for for PC and Consoles gamers?
  6. Destruction - Will more destruction be in the MP maps? I'm talking roads and buildings. Any chance for a map that can be blown up like the golf map from Bad Company?
  7. Tank Repair - I miss the old ways of teaming up with someone to repair tanks while one drives, Any chance for a more teamwork in tanks with no repairs features?
  8. Proxy Chat - Any chance of proxy chat?
  9. Vote - Will BF5 have vote to kick?
  10. Trace rounds - Please add a feature to let me turn off trace rounds, some might like to see this, but i myself don't. (i don't see any harm in having a feature to turn it off or on for each player. I don't like the concept of people being able to see bullets all the time, shooting metal and what not might make sparks (sometimes, but when people start shooting in Battlefield it's like light show.)
  11. Auto aim - I feel it should be removed, (my opinion, coming from Xbox One PUBG) i play on PC without aim assist while using a controller just fine.
  12. Building - Will this feature open up overtime to be less of a Dev decision and more player overtime?
  13. Map Votes - Any chance for a vote for maps during end of round?
  14. Time of Day - Will there be time of day for each map, if not there should be. (Also during the beta, the night time map didn't look dark at all, you all using monitors with all the brightness turned to low or something?)
  15. Leaning - If i recall, the PS4 had the feature in BF4 to lean if you turned the controller to each side, also you have a pre made leaning in the beta (i think). Any chance to bring leaning more into the game? You need help on creating more buttons to place these features, look at how steam lets users make buttons, It's crazy amazing.

EDIT, I added some details to (Trace rounds, Leaning, Time of Day, Map Vote, Aim Assist)
Post edited by Popa2caps on

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Please add a feature to let me turn off trace rounds, some might like to see all the bullets travel, but i myself don't.
    Auto aim should be removed from all devices.

Neither of those are going to happen. Turning off tracer rounds would give you an advantage/disadvantage over those that didn't, and it's gotta be equal across the board for everyone. And auto aim is a necessary evil for controllers. M+KB don't use auto aim.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Please add a feature to let me turn off trace rounds, some might like to see all the bullets travel, but i myself don't.
    Auto aim should be removed from all devices.

Neither of those are going to happen. Turning off tracer rounds would give you an advantage/disadvantage over those that didn't, and it's gotta be equal across the board for everyone. And auto aim is a necessary evil for controllers. M+KB don't use auto aim.

(Aim Assist) - I come from the Xbox One devices and everyone i knew was playing PUBG and that doesn't have any aim assist at all. I never had a friend say they needed aim assist, in all it helps build muscle memory with it off. Also if you didn't know, Dice plans to add aim assist for some types of weapons even while using Mouse & Keyboard
    Start the video at 10:26

(Trace Rounds) - Why again would trace rounds give an disadvantage if each player was able to turn it off and on? I feel this would be the same as the FOB slider on consoles.

I still feel the most disadvantage thing a dev could do is not allow the player to make up their own decisions in terms of gameplay, sandbox should be directly that in my opinion, anything else, it's just going to be Star Wars Battlefront first person rail shooter.
  • CSO7777
    1308 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    (Trace Rounds) - Why again would trace rounds give an disadvantage if each player was able to turn it off and on? I feel this would be the same as the FOB slider on consoles.
    Tracer-rounds is an important part of the balance of the game. Visibility should be even for all players. Especially now with 3D-spotting almost gone, this becomes an important way of identifying where gun-fire comes from.
  • Popa2caps
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Tracer-rounds is an important part of the balance of the game. Visibility should be even for all players. Especially now with 3D-spotting almost gone, this becomes an important way of identifying where gun-fire comes from.

I can understand this, but i myself i want to disable it, i have good headphones (AKG K702) i use to find my targets. I also don't care if i'm at a disadvantage, i was playing on consoles with aim assist turned off from Battlefield 3 to BF1 on consoles with no issues. I think the real disadvantage will be the pro consoles vs the og consoles, and if i get the title, it would be on PC only, tons of disadvantage between each player anyway.