Soviet weapons

CuJIA_B_PRAVDE
20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
Why release there will be no Soviet weapons?Legendary PPSH, Mosin rifle, TT pistol etc. This will be a Finnish smg and a Norwegian rifle. Where is the logic? I understand that they probably add later, but it's still wrong. Soviet weapons the mass in the second world war, fought with him more than all soldiers from all countries of the world combined. The Soviet Union has made a major contribution to the victory, and no Soviet weapons are not on release(

Comments

• GetCancerPingers
    6385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Why release there will be no Soviet weapons?Legendary PPSH, Mosin rifle, TT pistol etc. This will be a Finnish smg and a Norwegian rifle. Where is the logic? I understand that they probably add later, but it's still wrong. Soviet weapons the mass in the second world war, fought with him more than all soldiers from all countries of the world combined. The Soviet Union has made a major contribution to the victory, and no Soviet weapons are not on release(

The finnish SMG was what the PPsH was inspired by so it makes sense that it's in before the latter, no Poland on release or ever is more of an upset than the Soviet Union entering the war in a timely manner.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have faith comrade, the current Five Year Plan includes the production of superior new Soviet weaponry. We will soon catch up with and surpass anything the capitalists and facists already have!

Superior Soviet weaponry? You must be joking. The US had far better weapons at their disposal, and even with the effectiveness of certain Russian weapons (PPSh, SVT-40, etc), their poor training made them horrible soldiers. But the T34 is a master class of a tank, I can easily admit that
  • mcRen98
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Have faith comrade, the current Five Year Plan includes the production of superior new Soviet weaponry. We will soon catch up with and surpass anything the capitalists and facists already have!

Superior Soviet weaponry? You must be joking. The US had far better weapons at their disposal, and even with the effectiveness of certain Russian weapons (PPSh, SVT-40, etc), their poor training made them horrible soldiers. But the T34 is a master class of a tank, I can easily admit that

Fairly certain he was joking/being sarcastic when he referenced the Five Year Plan.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [post removed due to ALL CAPS / bait ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • Ploodovic
    1456 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [post removed for quoting the above]
  • MONEYPYR0
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Comrades, do not listen to this counter-revolutionary propaganda!

USA
    USA
    WE'RE NUMBER ONE
    WE'RE THE BEST
    THE REST ALL SUCK
    USA
    USA

US is not in the game either m8 B)

Well I can't really chant for Germany during the time period the game is set it, can I? *Blasts Der Königgrätzer Marsch in the distance*
  • CuJIA_B_PRAVDE
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    And as you think why on release there is no Soviet weapons? What is the reason? Millions of players from the former Soviet Union would be pleased to play from the beginning with Soviet guns.
  • Tsepottaja
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because BF5 is about the early war battles at launch. Havent you paid attention at all?
    There will be more factions coming with Tides of war. I'm 110% sure that Soviet Union will be one of them so hold your horses.
  • 24OmniTactics24
    131 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [political]
  • mcRen98
    280 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    [political].

I already know that, I mean I think you were replying to me? Actually I can't tell since there's no direct quote reply in your message.
  • GrimesSU
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Tsepottaja wrote: »
    Because BF5 is about the early war battles at launch. Havent you paid attention at all?
    There will be more factions coming with Tides of war. I'm 110% sure that Soviet Union will be one of them so hold your horses.

Well, if you actually learned anything in history class, you would know the Soviet Union joined forces with Germany during the Invasion of Poland in 1939, and was fighting Finland in the Winter War (1939-1940). Even before that, the Soviets were fighting Japan from 1932 to 1939 along their border.
    The Soviet Union didn't become part of the allies until 1941 when Germany invaded the Soviet Union.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11456 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @24OmniTactics24
    Lets keep the politics out of the forum.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

There is even some concept art with T34s on it that was revealed by Dice.
  • Bluemoon2393
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Most likely it will be DLC based. The game is at the beginning off the war. When Britain and France declared war on Germany after they invaded Poland. The Norwegian campaign was to divert the war away from France. But also to stop Germany getting valuable resources from Norway and Sweden. Hopefully we will see the Soviet Union in the game and also some maps like Stalingrad (Volgograd), Moscow, St Petersburg and Kiev.
  • ragnarok013
    2015 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

The Soviets started WWII along with their ally Germany when they jointly invaded and partitioned Poland so it is conceivable that the Soviets could be represented early on.
  • Tsepottaja
    111 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimesSU wrote: »
    Well, if you actually learned anything in history class, you would know the Soviet Union joined forces with Germany during the Invasion of Poland in 1939, and was fighting Finland in the Winter War (1939-1940). Even before that, the Soviets were fighting Japan from 1932 to 1939 along their border.
    The Soviet Union didn't become part of the allies until 1941 when Germany invaded the Soviet Union.

As a Finn myself, I'm quite familiar with my nation's history and even Soviet Union's.
    I'm having hard time trying to understand why you can't see the direction DICE wants to take with Tides of War.

Why even starting in 1939 or 1940?? Why not in 1937 and factions being Japan and KMT led China?

I'm a huge history buff but are you seriously justifying Soviet weapons for launch of BF:V that "starts" with early war battles of 1940/1941 between the Commonwealth and Germany. YES, I excluded France, Poland, Norway, Benelux-countries etc.
  • TheGM86
    745 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    But the T34 is a master class of a tank, I can easily admit that
    You'd be wrong, but that's fine.

• TFBisquit
    791 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heheh, sovjet tanks were good because of mass production and easy to manufacture. All the (cod?) famous weapons came later in the war. Of which infamous could be said also. But having a ppsh as an option looks fun to me all the same.