Soviet weapons

Comments

• SergeantGekko
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tsepottaja wrote: »
    Because BF5 is about the early war battles at launch. Havent you paid attention at all?
    There will be more factions coming with Tides of war. I'm 110% sure that Soviet Union will be one of them so hold your horses.

The Soviets started WWII along with their ally Germany when they jointly invaded and partitioned Poland so it is conceivable that the Soviets could be represented early on.

Hmm, they weren't allies. There was just this Molotov-Ribbentrop contract about no hostilities and how to share land buffers between Germany and Soviet.

• IIIIIFELIXIIIIII
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Most likely it will be DLC based. The game is at the beginning off the war. When Britain and France declared war on Germany after they invaded Poland. The Norwegian campaign was to divert the war away from France. But also to stop Germany getting valuable resources from Norway and Sweden. Hopefully we will see the Soviet Union in the game and also some maps like Stalingrad (Volgograd), Moscow, St Petersburg and Kiev.

The USSR destroyed 75% of the "AXIS" military power. 9 out of 10 German soldiers were killed on the Eastern front. I find it strange and wrong that on release there is no Soviet weapons.
  • GrizzGolf
    856 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They will come in one of the DLCs right?
  • PvtJohnTowle
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Most likely it will be DLC based. The game is at the beginning off the war. When Britain and France declared war on Germany after they invaded Poland. The Norwegian campaign was to divert the war away from France. But also to stop Germany getting valuable resources from Norway and Sweden. Hopefully we will see the Soviet Union in the game and also some maps like Stalingrad (Volgograd), Moscow, St Petersburg and Kiev.

The USSR destroyed 75% of the "AXIS" military power. 9 out of 10 German soldiers were killed on the Eastern front. I find it strange and wrong that on release there is no Soviet weapons.

Because that is not the direction EA/DICE are taking with "Tides of War" don't you read anything and understand what is going on?
  • IIIIIFELIXIIIIII
    Sorry I do not know English, I use an online translator and it is not always correctly translates the meaning. Please tell me what is "Tides of War"?
  • Hawxxeye
    4835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sorry I do not know English, I use an online translator and it is not always correctly translates the meaning. Please tell me what is "Tides of War"?
    A series of extra game content that will come in chapters, just like the content patches of World of Warcract.
  • GrimesSU
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Because that is not the direction EA/DICE are taking with "Tides of War" don't you read anything and understand what is going on?

Sorry we are so uneducated.
    Just lol at defending this lack of content..
  • ragnarok013
    2360 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Because BF5 is about the early war battles at launch. Havent you paid attention at all?
    There will be more factions coming with Tides of war. I'm 110% sure that Soviet Union will be one of them so hold your horses.

The Soviets started WWII along with their ally Germany when they jointly invaded and partitioned Poland so it is conceivable that the Soviets could be represented early on.

Hmm, they weren't allies. There was just this Molotov-Ribbentrop contract about no hostilities and how to share land buffers between Germany and Soviet.

Maybe not formally but "hey lets go jointly invade and partition this unsuspecting country and not fight one another" is about as close to allies as one can get in my opinion.
  • P123ABD4R
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What about assault rifles since they have some including a carryover from World War 1 the Fedorov Avtomat and World War II era assault rifles AS-44 & AT-44.
    For both AS-44 & AT-44 Dice Stockholm has to travel to Russia for a proper weapon firing sound or otherwise they're going to have to resort to using another weapon that fires the same 7.62x39 rounds as those 2 WW 2 Russian assault rifles which are AKM, ARX-160 7.62x39 version & AK-103
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Maybe not formally but "hey lets go jointly invade and partition this unsuspecting country and not fight one another" is about as close to allies as one can get in my opinion.

Hmm ... somewhere I already saw it. Oh yeah, in 1920, when Poland invaded without a declaration of war and seized the territory of Russia when it was in a civil war. So no wonder that the USSR took its territory when it was most convenient.
  • IIIIIFELIXIIIIII
    edited October 2018

Poland and Germany also had treaties of peace and friendship, the Polish leadership even considered the option if Germany attacked the USSR - to be an ally of Germany. By the way, in 1938 Poland together with the Germany attacked Czechoslovakia and shared it with Germany. Poland occupied the Cieszyn Silesia. So that not worth from Poland to do " angel"
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Germany was NEVER allied with anyone. They just pretended to be. Adolf (apparently his last name is censored for some dumb reason) broke every treaty he ever signed.
  • Blookester
    8 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No m1 garand or other American guns either, I'm hoping for them to add some more guns later launch
  • ragnarok013
    2360 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Germany was NEVER allied with anyone. They just pretended to be. Adolf (apparently his last name is censored for some dumb reason) broke every treaty he ever signed.

I suspect the Italians and Japanese who were both officially in the Axis alliance would be extremely surprised at your statement.
  • IIIIIFELIXIIIIII
    Why then on release there is American weapons? After all America has become to fight not immediately, and only in December 1941 (consider it 1942.). The USSR was the first in the world to fight against Germany-since 1936 during the war in Spain. The USSR fought against Japan and defeated it in 1938 in the battles on lake Hasan and in 1939 in the battles on lake Khalkhin-Gol. Just the famous winter war of the USSR against Finland 1939-40 (the number of soldiers, units and victims of this war is many times more than the battles for Norway, in particular the battle of Narvik which is represented in the BF5) as the USSR fought in 1939 against Poland and against Romania in 1940. I do not UNDERSTAND why there are no Soviet weapons on the release, especially since the USSR made the biggest contribution to the altar of victory in world war II.
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Why then on release there is American weapons? After all America has become to fight not immediately, and only in December 1941 (consider it 1942.). The USSR was the first in the world to fight against Germany-since 1936 during the war in Spain. The USSR fought against Japan and defeated it in 1938 in the battles on lake Hasan and in 1939 in the battles on lake Khalkhin-Gol. Just the famous winter war of the USSR against Finland 1939-40 (the number of soldiers, units and victims of this war is many times more than the battles for Norway, in particular the battle of Narvik which is represented in the BF5) as the USSR fought in 1939 against Poland and against Romania in 1940. I do not UNDERSTAND why there are no Soviet weapons on the release, especially since the USSR made the biggest contribution to the altar of victory in world war II.

Do not mind it, DICE got screwed up again, the USSR would not be in a war stories, just like the Russian Empire was not in BF1 war stories. The USSR and its weapons will be only in the future. DICE does not intend that the USSR made a greater contribution against Germany, the reaction of the LGBT and Femenist community interests them more.
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @24OmniTactics24
    Lets keep the politics out of the forum.

Damn I can't even remember what I said cuz I go on like once a week
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

To be fair, no one but dice knows in what order they are releasing content. Most of what has been spread around is just speculation. We will have a better idea about this after this week.
  • Noromiz
    290 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the PPSh-41 with a good ol drum mag finally arrives, then the Medic will be fun to play ^^
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Noromiz wrote: »
    When the PPSh-41 with a good ol drum mag finally arrives, then the Medic will be fun to play ^^

I thought it was a blast with the mp-40 myself lol.