help for new PC

serpico074
120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
hi, I would like to build a new pc, I would like to know what you think of this configuration and if there may be incompatibilities.
any advice and appreciated thanks.
Video Card : Gtx 1070 Gigabyte Founders Edition
PSU : Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200W
SSD : 850 EVO 1TB
CPU coolers : NH U12S - Noctua
Resolution monitor : 1920x1080 144hz

I await your advice thank you.

Comments

• TheSaviorSix
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You're going all out on that processor. Guess my only question is why you're getting a 1070? The power supply is a bit overkill, but it'll keep the computer quiet under load. I don't see any problems with it overall.
  • serpico074
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello thanks for the answer, sorry but I have not included in the post that video card, SSD and PSU are part of the PC to change, I do not think to sell the video card for now.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • HonestSoul333
    1396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Like said above thats a heck of a cpu when compared to that card. If i were you id settle with an i5 8600k or something and get a better card. 1080s aren't too expensive right now. Can easily get them for around $400-$500.

Could also save money with the RAM. DDR4 is expensive as im sure you know. Unless you are rendering or something you probably will never need 32 gb. 16gb would be more than enough for gaming.
  • TheSaviorSix
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now that we know that Intel lied about the benchmarks of the 9900k, I would highly suggest going down on the processor.
  • serpico074
    Now that we know that Intel lied about the benchmarks of the 9900k, I would highly suggest going down on the processor.

Yes indeed, I'm still very undecided between the i9 9900k and i7 9700k. I'm still looking for some real benchmarks.
  • serpico074
    Like said above thats a heck of a cpu when compared to that card. If i were you id settle with an i5 8600k or something and get a better card. 1080s aren't too expensive right now. Can easily get them for around $400-$500.

Could also save money with the RAM. DDR4 is expensive as im sure you know. Unless you are rendering or something you probably will never need 32 gb. 16gb would be more than enough for gaming.

You understand your advice, but I want to build a PC that can last a few years, maybe in December I bought a Rtx 2070, prices are still high.
    Thanks for the advice.
  • HonestSoul333
    1396 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    The 2070 is actually a weaker card than the 1080. Least on paper when comparing specs.I did some research into this because i really wanted it before it came out. Was disappointed when i found out not only was it apparently weaker, but over $100 more than a 1080 :(