Weekly BF

Can Battlefield 5 be a split install, Single Player & MP?

Popa2caps
577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I'm not sure if i worded it correctly, but i'm trying to see if there is a chance that BF5 could have a split install. Also i say that without knowing how big the single player is, just feel i would like to install that on a 3tb over my SSD, running out of space.

Could this even be done?

Comments

• VincentNZ
    3170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Very unlikely, as there are also other things coming to this game like the coop and Battle Royale mode, that lie somewhat in between SP and MP. Also likely there will be unlocks in singleplayer that you can use in MP and the whole UI/UX of the main menu is layed out to support the whole range of playing options.

So, again. No, the chances are slim to none.
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Never heard of a game doing this, I mean some might have but never Battlefield to my knowledge or any game I've personally played.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Never heard of a game doing this, I mean some might have but never Battlefield to my knowledge or any game I've personally played.

Medal of honour did this iirc.

On steam I have the option to just install mp or just sp.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Master Chief Collection does with its latest update. You can choose each games you want multiplayer and campaign from (I.E, Halo 1 campaign, but only Halo 3 multiplayer, etc)
  • TropicPoison
    2421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

It's too bad all games don't have that option.
  • Stefanoviic
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Call of duties aswell IIRC
  • VincentNZ
    3170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, was jsut gonna say, the CoDs do it since Modern Warfare, I believe. It would make sense for BF in particular as this will climb to 80GB of size, within months and the singleplayer is nothing that needs to be put on an SSD.
    However I am pretty sure this is because of the designed UI and the ties to Origin, that this is not considered. It would definitely be beneficial because it would make room in the menus, that is desperately needed.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Yep, was jsut gonna say, the CoDs do it since Modern Warfare, I believe. It would make sense for BF in particular as this will climb to 80GB of size, within months and the singleplayer is nothing that needs to be put on an SSD.
    However I am pretty sure this is because of the designed UI and the ties to Origin, that this is not considered. It would definitely be beneficial because it would make room in the menus, that is desperately needed.

Since when has Call of Duty been that way? As recently as Infinite Warfare, I don't remember a split install. Or is it maybe a PC only thing?
  • ragnarok013
    3322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

I believe that COD does this as well on Steam. I'd be a huge fan of that in order to conserve hard drive space.
  • VincentNZ
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Since when has Call of Duty been that way? As recently as Infinite Warfare, I don't remember a split install. Or is it maybe a PC only thing?

[img][/img]c1ccca-1539789191.png

That is from my Steam Library. So yeah, could be a PC Only thing. However Black Ops 3 did not have a split install. That was the last CoD that I bought so it might indeed have changed.
    The first Crysis also split the install of MP and SP. Generally I think it is a good idea, but I doubt it will happen, especially if it has never been done this way on consoles or outside of steam.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would be nice if we could. I just need more drive space in general though. I've got a 1TB HDD that's nearly full, and two 500 GB SSDs that are also nearly full.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Would be nice if we could. I just need more drive space in general though. I've got a 1TB HDD that's nearly full, and two 500 GB SSDs that are also nearly full.

I've got 3.5TB total space allocated for games across multiple drives including a dedicated SSD for the larger games.

And yes those are quickly running out of space lol.

I've uninstalled a bunch of games I haven't launched in around 6 months
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

[img][/img]c1ccca-1539789191.png

That is from my Steam Library. So yeah, could be a PC Only thing. However Black Ops 3 did not have a split install. That was the last CoD that I bought so it might indeed have changed.
    The first Crysis also split the install of MP and SP. Generally I think it is a good idea, but I doubt it will happen, especially if it has never been done this way on consoles or outside of steam.

Black Ops 3 had a split install. They separated the components as addons / DLCs, that you can check / uncheck.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    I wasn't sure about any of the COD games as I don't have any of them.

But Medal Of Honour has the option ( as mentioned earlier )

r8RFC6p.png

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know that CoD does this on Steam ... I've got Black Ops 2, but I've only installed the multiplayer to save space.

I'd love to see this for BFV. I'd choose to forgo installing Firestorm, Singleplayer and that new Co-op mode ... I'm simply not interested in those modes.