microtransactions

DARTH_JAR_JAR222
516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
This is simply a poll about how the community would feel about microtransactions in BF1. I'am completely opposed to them. Another person on the forums thinks there the answer to keeping the community together in BF1. What do you think?

Comments

• bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If enough money can be brought in to maintain development, like gtav meaning we get free dlc (maps), great. Bring it on. We already have battle packs in bf4.
  • B3ANTOWN__B3A5T
    4364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If enough money can be brought in to maintain development, like gtav meaning we get free dlc (maps), great. Bring it on. We already have battle packs in bf4.

Exactly but I don't see a game like BF having strong enough interest in mircos to support it's DLC. $$$ in GTA is paramount, thus the mirco purchases have a constant flow.
  • ThePoolMinnow
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    No we don't need a pay to win atmosphere in this game.
  • smys123
    973 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd rather pay 80+ for the game and everything come with it. Just my opinion.
  • DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    516 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @bananahead81
    I haven't played gtav. What are the micros used for?
  • Lordmang4
    2063 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Medal of Honor Warfighter Member
    I'm open to them.
    Then again, I have the money and interest in things like this.
    If I didn't, then I'd probably not care either way.
  • A_Cool_Gorilla
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be up for microtransactions if the DLC is cosmetic only, and if it helps subsidize free content.
  • bananahead81
    363 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @DARTH_JAR_JAR222 Basically your online character has a balance and you use the money to buy items in game like weapons, cars, apartments, ammo, clothes.... Basically loads of things. More money you have the more stuff you can own right. You can either earn the money in game doing missions etc or actually pay real money for in game money. It sounds silly but in fairness, if you can't be bothered to grind and you just want to throw your own money in to get stuff so be it. From what i have seen, a lot of people like this idea as rockstar keep giving DLC away for free and the microtransaction people are sort of helping finance the ongoing development of the game. As far as i know, there has not been any items you must pay real money for, you can earn anything available just by playing. You literally buy in game $.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1704 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Exactly this!
    I'd be up for microtransactions if the DLC is cosmetic only, and if it helps subsidize free content.

• DARTH_JAR_JAR222
    @bananahead81

Thanks for responding. It seems like a reasonable setup. I can afford micros, but would never spend the money because I enjoy the grind of unlocking said items. I guess if it gets free maps for all to play, I'd be for it. See, I'am open to changing my position, if it makes sense.

*pats self on back
  • Pannekoekmix
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm all for them as long as the things you unlock can also be unlocked by simply putting in some time. If they can keep maps free that way, why not?