New Game Concept Info: Casualty Evac System (How dragging works)

rainkloud
548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Comments

• MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd be down for dragging friendlies to cover, but I feel the whole stabilization thing just wouldn't feel rewarding. You drag a guy to cover, only for him to be sent to the redrawn screen anyways? Or if I read the "10 seconds after revive timer expires" bit correctly, the person who died is already back on the field, so you're dragging whats basically an NPC that doesn't do anything, is that right? Because that just feels like something no one would do, and doing it 4 times to regain 1 ticket is just a worthless reward. 4 people have to die, so 1 more person can die? That is, unless flag capture points dont take that 1 ticket away first. Also, the whole stabilize an enemy, and spot an enemy squad just doesn't really seem worth it to me. Again though, I'd be totally fine with dragging a downed player, so you could bring them to cover to revive them.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I'd be down for dragging friendlies to cover, but I feel the whole stabilization thing just wouldn't feel rewarding. You drag a guy to cover, only for him to be sent to the redrawn screen anyways? Or if I read the "10 seconds after revive timer expires" bit correctly, the person who died is already back on the field, so you're dragging whats basically an NPC that doesn't do anything, is that right? Because that just feels like something no one would do, and doing it 4 times to regain 1 ticket is just a worthless reward. 4 people have to die, so 1 more person can die? That is, unless flag capture points dont take that 1 ticket away first. Also, the whole stabilize an enemy, and spot an enemy squad just doesn't really seem worth it to me. Again though, I'd be totally fine with dragging a downed player, so you could bring them to cover to revive them.

Right you're dragging an NPC at that point. You thought you had enough time to revive but you ran out of time or maybe you stumbled upon a recently expired revive timer. Normally you'd have just wasted all that time but now you can still do something positive for the team by doing a stabilize. And remember YOU don't have to do all 4 stabilizes. It's a team counter so every medic can contribute. It's not something you're typically going to be doing 100's of times a game. Many times your time will be better spent doing other things but remember you're also getting a global bonus to all squads reinforcement points so that and the ticket benefit add up and could mean the difference between winning and losing in a close game. It's like everything else in the game in that it has its appropriate time and place to be used.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    rainkloud wrote: »

Right you're dragging an NPC at that point. You thought you had enough time to revive but you ran out of time or maybe you stumbled upon a recently expired revive timer. Normally you'd have just wasted all that time but now you can still do something positive for the team by doing a stabilize. And remember YOU don't have to do all 4 stabilizes. It's a team counter so every medic can contribute. It's not something you're typically going to be doing 100's of times a game. Many times your time will be better spent doing other things but remember you're also getting a global bonus to all squads reinforcement points so that and the ticket benefit add up and could mean the difference between winning and losing in a close game. It's like everything else in the game in that it has its appropriate time and place to be used.

I dont know man, I just still dont feel like it's worthwhile, even if multiple people are doing it. Again, 1 ticket for 4 stabilizes isn't a good enough reward in my eyes, and I certainly wouldnt be stabilizing an NPC who isn't going to be getting back directly into the fight.
  • SergeantGekko
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I dont know man, I just still dont feel like it's worthwhile, even if multiple people are doing it. Again, 1 ticket for 4 stabilizes isn't a good enough reward in my eyes, and I certainly wouldnt be stabilizing an NPC who isn't going to be getting back directly into the fight.

Agree, based on this info that op shared. I'd say I'm not sure would even one evacuated / one ticket be good enough price.

I liked the overall revive system and buddy revive though.
    I guess will just have wait and see this when its implemented.
  • MONEYPYR0

Agree, based on this info that op shared. I'd say I'm not sure would even one evacuated / one ticket be good enough price.

I liked the overall revive system and buddy revive though.
    I guess will just have wait and see this when its implemented.

I love the new revive system (buddy revives and Medic revives) already, but the one thing I do like about OPs idea is being able to drag friendlies to cover. Chances are that they're gonna be shot down out in the open, so you either need to clear the area, throw smoke grenades at the enemy, or just take a chance on a revive. I think dragging could help out a lot, and make a lot of people more ok with the new system (my post detailing what I like about the new system had a few people who prefer BF3/4 style revives), since you wouldnt be in as much danger
  • Stefanoviic
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    FYI dragging is coming, post launch :-)
  • MONEYPYR0
    FYI dragging is coming, post launch :-)

Literally just saw a video talking about that. [TBAG] Epic Gaming video. He also talked about one of the devs saying he'd love to see the ability to use your sidearm while on a ladder
  • Hawxxeye
    5150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Stabilizing enemies sounded a lot more useful than stabilizing allies.
  • rainkloud
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

It's going to be harder to stabilize enemies though and riskier too I imagine. Plus you've got to stabilize more of them to get the positive effect.
  • rainkloud

Anything that reclaims tickets is generally going to be very beneficial in a match. I mean if we look at fortifications people spend a lot of time building them and with those there's a much more dubious ROI. Sometimes they're invaluable and other times they are time flushed down the drain or worse, an asset for the enemy. So I don't think it's a big ask here.

And don't forget that you're getting a global bonus to reinforcement points (EVERY squad inches closer to being able to call something in) so that translates into those abilities and vehicles being deployed somewhat sooner and that generally leads to better outcomes.

• MONEYPYR0

Anything that reclaims tickets is generally going to be very beneficial in a match. I mean if we look at fortifications people spend a lot of time building them and with those there's a much more dubious ROI. Sometimes they're invaluable and other times they are time flushed down the drain or worse, an asset for the enemy. So I don't think it's a big ask here.

And don't forget that you're getting a global bonus to reinforcement points (EVERY squad inches closer to being able to call something in) so that translates into those abilities and vehicles being deployed somewhat sooner and that generally leads to better outcomes.

I still don't think a 4:1 ratio for stabilizes to tickets is worth it though. Again, even if it's something the entire team contributes to, how many Medics would choose to do that, instead of reviving a player who will get right back into the action? I'd be willing to bet not many.
  • Hawxxeye
    5150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It's going to be harder to stabilize enemies though and riskier too I imagine. Plus you've got to stabilize more of them to get the positive effect.
    When you have just cleared an objective of enemies there should be lots of still warm bodies available
  • rainkloud

When you have just cleared an objective of enemies there should be lots of still warm bodies available

Indeed, but remember that those bodies won’t be neatly stacked in a pile meaning you’ll have to move between casualties taking time. As a medic you’ll also have other priorities like healing and reviving your team first leaving you with less time. Also unlike stabilizing allies, when you stabilize an enemy you don’t get a bonus to your reinforcement point gauge.

But if 6 enemy stabilizes does prove too easy to achieve the number can always be adjusted to where the roi is still worthwhile but doesn’t overshadow saving allies.
  • preston42382
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    4 stabilizations for 1 ticket regain...a farce. The ticket system is flawed as it is. Earning tickets should be based in succeeding in more than simply capturing objectives and reviving teammates. Those should be the doings necessary to achieve a mission or feat that rewards tickets. Building and maintaining 3 or 4 constructible FOBs, half the team not dying before capturing 2 objectives, a squad utilizing waterways and no explosives to capture an objective...things that can be measured and programmed still, but aren't relegated to doing something so basic as reviving or capturing an objective (no matter the means to succeed in it). Otherwise, it's like a stock market set of forces at work. Or a slot machine. Especially from a tactical perspective. Using guns from a ladder should have gotten into the game long before BFV...hence, make it.

Additionally, what about rolling to the front, back, and side?; tossing a syringe or explosive to an ally?; building a pillbox and not just a few feet tall, one-layer thick wall of sandbags?; planting explosives and not simply throwing them?; actively camouflaging (via the build option) various weapon structures: guns, launchers, even tanks, and not only in pre-designated spots?; building a munitions depot?

I think the game is too rife with the tropes of past games, and not enough ingenuity / playability / tactics. I mean, the maps are huge, and the detail is amazing, and scale is prepared to embark upon new realms of fun and intensity.
  • Hawxxeye
    edited October 2018

Indeed, but remember that those bodies won’t be neatly stacked in a pile meaning you’ll have to move between casualties taking time. As a medic you’ll also have other priorities like healing and reviving your team first leaving you with less time. Also unlike stabilizing allies, when you stabilize an enemy you don’t get a bonus to your reinforcement point gauge.

But if 6 enemy stabilizes does prove too easy to achieve the number can always be adjusted to where the roi is still worthwhile but doesn’t overshadow saving allies.
    At this point of stabilizing allies after failing to revive them is simply saving NPCs for a few extra tickets at that point though.People are already do not bothered about the players a lot of the time so they will care even less for NPCs that are husks of players
    Post edited by Hawxxeye on
  • RaNdOmKils666
    643 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DICE should disable the ability to force bleedout when a medic has spotted or is in close range of a downed friendly. Before you say "but bleeding out is boring" this is a Battlefield game, not bloody CoD for feks sake.

As for the stabilization mechanics i think it should be changed to every 3 allies stabilized restores a ticket and every 6 enemies stabilized restores a ticket for your team and removes a ticket from the enemy team. The impact of these mechanics would actually be a bit more noticeable.