This Week in Battlefield V

Critical deaths

madman001able
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I know that dying to fire will cause a critical death, and i have read that headshots did the same, but were bugged during the beta, or maybe it was alpha. What other forms of damage will cause a critical death? Drowning? Having a bomb land within x amount of feet/meters from you? Getting run over by a tank?

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think dying from a melee kill is critical.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think when you die it's pretty critical. 😆
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is a interesting mechanic, and i would like to know how far it's implementation extends. I can tell ya one thing for sure, the guy using the flamethrower is gonna be one of the most targeted players in the game, especially if hitting the tank on his/her back causes a explosion lol.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Downing most likely is, because in BF4, you cant get revived if you're in water (even the 2 foot deep water in Metro). I think you're right on headshots, they'll likely be critical. Roadkill maybe? I mean, a tank could just sit on top of you so you're impossible to revive. By bomb, do you mean bombs dropped by planes, or like dynamite? Because if dynamite, my guess would be no, since its generally a cheap way to be killed. I feel like most explosives won't be critical, just because there's not a ton you can do to really counter them. At least with fire you can go prone and extinguish yourself. I don't know, just my thoughts.
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Downing most likely is, because in BF4, you cant get revived if you're in water (even the 2 foot deep water in Metro). I think you're right on headshots, they'll likely be critical. Roadkill maybe? I mean, a tank could just sit on top of you so you're impossible to revive. By bomb, do you mean bombs dropped by planes, or like dynamite? Because if dynamite, my guess would be no, since its generally a cheap way to be killed. I feel like most explosives won't be critical, just because there's not a ton you can do to really counter them. At least with fire you can go prone and extinguish yourself. I don't know, just my thoughts.

I was indeed referring to plane dropped bombs. I would think direct hits with large calliber munitions would be a critical death, not much left to stick a needle in for a revive kinda thing lol.

I did notice during the beta that you can actually avoid getting run over if you lay prone, as long as the tracks don't get you, and there was enough clearance of course. I was glad to see them add this, been wanting it for about 5 games now lol.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I was indeed referring to plane dropped bombs. I would think direct hits with large calliber munitions would be a critical death, not much left to stick a needle in for a revive kinda thing lol.

Fair enough, lol. Again, linked with regular explosives, I feel like there's not much you can do to counter them, so I'm not sure that I would make it a critical death. Then again, I think the only thing that would make sense not being a critical death, is getting shot in the body/legs/arms, so I don't know
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

In the alpha I was able to be revived after being killed by melee (with takedown). Maybe it was a bug.

I know headshots definitely led to critical deaths. Not sure about what else though.
  • madman001able
    That is why i added the range from center point bit, only those right next to the bomb would be critically downed. Otherwise it would easily start a firestorm in the forums lol.
  • MONEYPYR0
    That is why i added the range from center point bit, only those right next to the bomb would be critically downed. Otherwise it would easily start a firestorm in the forums lol.

Fair enough. I dont know though, I don't even remember being bombed in the beta, unless bombers werent in it
  • madman001able

Fair enough. I dont know though, I don't even remember being bombed in the beta, unless bombers werent in it

They were there, but the bf109 was so deadly during the beta that they rarely got to drop more than once before being destroyed.
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

In the alpha I was able to be revived after being killed by melee (with takedown). Maybe it was a bug.

I know headshots definitely led to critical deaths. Not sure about what else though.

David Sirland said the critical deaths were bugged in the beta. He said the criteria for a critical death is pretty much the same as in BF1. The only explosive you can't be revived from is the V1 and JB-2 rockets.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

David Sirland said the critical deaths were bugged in the beta. He said the criteria for a critical death is pretty much the same as in BF1. The only explosive you can't be revived from is the V1 and JB-2 rockets.

They really should make it include headshots too imo. At the very least with high caliber weapons.
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018

Ah good to know.
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018

They really should make it include headshots too imo. At the very least with high caliber weapons.

I agree. There should be no coming back after being shot in the head, zombies don't even survive that dice! 😆

Edited to remove implied swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just curious, is a "critical death" just a death you can't be revived from? That's what I'm assuming they are. (I didn't play hardly any BF1 because I thought it was a terrible game, so I don't know if this same system was in it. I know in BF4 there were deaths you couldn't be revived from, but they didn't call them "critical deaths".)
  • bran1986
    5689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just curious, is a "critical death" just a death you can't be revived from? That's what I'm assuming they are. (I didn't play hardly any BF1 because I thought it was a terrible game, so I don't know if this same system was in it. I know in BF4 there were deaths you couldn't be revived from, but they didn't call them "critical deaths".)

You are right, critical deaths are just deaths you can't be revived from.
  • bran1986

I think it should be some kind of overkill system. If you are running around with x amount of health, y amount of damage would make it a critical death.
  • Hawxxeye
    5539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I thought that Critical Dead meant that the revive just bugged and you are now stuck on the spawn screen forever.
    @bran1986 I got points for doing what the game called "overkill" in the beta but I think it was just a way to say you killed 5+ people at once I think.
  • VincentNZ
    2879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    However they do it, it needs to be consistent, because the beta was just unbearable. Headshots from BAs, LMGs and sometimes SMGs, would cause a critical, tank rounds sometimes, melee, accidents (fire, rubble etc.) and some other oddities.
    The stuck on spawn screen was particularly annoying because it punished medics for being very attentive, as you always were revivable for two seconds after being downed, until the game suddenly decided that your death was critical.