Mystery update?

madman001able
611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
Has anybody else that pre-ordered the game for xbox noticed that there is a update going on for the game? It start updating around 4 a.m. central time U.S. It is about 31 gigs. Now i really want to know what the big surprise is for later today lol. It says network, so it is probably nothing to exciting.

Comments

• LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yes I've just noticed and it's currently DLing. I assumed it was just pre-loading prior to release as isn't this close to the original release date before they sensibly ran away from RDR2?
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    I think you are correct. Do we even have any idea how large the game is Gb wise?
  • ProAssassin2003
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's weird.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No idea how large the final game is meant to be and whether there'll be further updates prior to release (probable). As an example of not being a full download Rockstar stated a 107GB(?) download on the XB1, my copy downloaded overnight and is around 88GB so go figure
  • madman001able
    Well it gives you the "you are to early" spiel if you try to launch the game lol.
  • madman001able
    Also dice just tweeted that the game has just gone gold, not sure what that means.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It’s a pre-load of the game. It’s not the full game, only the parts that are finished already, as per DICE’s Jaqub Ajmal.

• LordVader666
    Gold = they've signed off on the shipping version of the game and it'll now be sent for physical printing and distribution (Gold comes from the literally gold master template when printing CDs)
    They'll still be working on the game hopefully and there'll probably be a day one patch for the extra work. The game may be smaller than previous games at launch due to their "as a service" model where they'll be releasing content over time.
  • madman001able
    The free helmet and patch are kinda kewl lol. SNAFU.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hopefully I can pre load on PS4 soon.
  • ragnarok013
    2880 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Also dice just tweeted that the game has just gone gold, not sure what that means.

A game going gold means that it's in its final release form, stamped, approved, ready to launch. That being said they can still make tweaks with everyone's favorite day one patch.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So is there anything about pre loading what's finished already for the PS4 version? If so I might just get digital.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So just to confirm, you can buy the game right now, and get it pre installed, correct? Just wanna make sure if I need to run by the bank tomorrow or not, lol
  • BaronVonGoon
    6629 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you pre-load and download it can you start the game? What happens when you do?
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you pre-load and download it can you start the game? What happens when you do?
    Well it gives you the "you are to early" spiel if you try to launch the game lol.

^Thats what happens. You cant start playing the game now. But maybe you can look at customization stuff?
  • No idea how large the final game is meant to be and whether there'll be further updates prior to release (probable). As an example of not being a full download Rockstar stated a 107GB(?) download on the XB1, my copy downloaded overnight and is around 88GB so go figure

RDR2 was like 97 gigs on PS4
  • StrangeLoop77
    27 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i cancelled my preorder weeks ago, and xbox ignored it an preloaded the game anyways lol
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3862 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Xbox never changed the released date on their end hence why only Xbox users were able pre-load the game.

This was confirmed by the Community Manager.

-CB
  • madman001able
    Hehehe, jealous much PS4, PC? lol.
  • InnerD
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    games download best on xbox.