If Treyarch or Activision won't fix the netcode for Black Ops 4, Battlefield V has nothing to worry

Tactical_wizzzeR
264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
seriously, it's pathetic... the beta for Blops 4's MP had a 60hrz tickrate and it was pretty smooth. Blackout had 20hrz and I gave them a slack because it was the beta, but now after release they decided to reduce all the netcode's tickrate to 20hrz for both MP and Blackout.

if you get shot many times behind cover, this is at least part of the problem, and another massive issue is that the sound engine in Blackout is completely busted. this isn't just a small thing a minority of the community cares about anymore, people are more informed, people start to tweet on it and it looks like the honeymoon period for Black Ops 4 is all but over. Vonoderhaar, Kotick, whoever is it up there in Treyarch or Activsion they better get back to workshop. apathy toward technical issues is what crippled PUBG and if Activision won't be swift to act, it will criple Black Ops 4.

Battlefield V right out of the gate for Conquest and Operations has 60hrz servers for it's 64 player game modes, and I cannot see the Battle Royale being any different. that is a massive atvantage, I expect if not a majority- at least substational precentage of players migrating to Battlefield V despite all the nonesense controversies, simply because a superior netcode is the backbone of a stable gameplay experience.

as for Black Ops 4, not that I had high expectations for it, but at least for MP 60hrz severs, for goodness sake it's 5v5! utterly pathetic!

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Shouldn’t this be on the cod forum?

Anyway. Bo4 is so good. It’s the best cod since WaW and the first cod that I have purchased since mw2.

• TEKNOCODE
    10144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    seriously, it's pathetic... the beta for Blops 4's MP had a 60hrz tickrate and it was pretty smooth. Blackout had 20hrz and I gave them a slack because it was the beta, but now after release they decided to reduce all the netcode's tickrate to 20hrz for both MP and Blackout.

if you get shot many times behind cover, this is at least part of the problem, and another massive issue is that the sound engine in Blackout is completely busted. this isn't just a small thing a minority of the community cares about anymore, people are more informed, people start to tweet on it and it looks like the honeymoon period for Black Ops 4 is all but over. Vonoderhaar, Kotick, whoever is it up there in Treyarch or Activsion they better get back to workshop. apathy toward technical issues is what crippled PUBG and if Activision won't be swift to act, it will criple Black Ops 4.

Battlefield V right out of the gate for Conquest and Operations has 60hrz servers for it's 64 player game modes, and I cannot see the Battle Royale being any different. that is a massive atvantage, I expect if not a majority- at least substational precentage of players migrating to Battlefield V despite all the nonesense controversies, simply because a superior netcode is the backbone of a stable gameplay experience.

as for Black Ops 4, not that I had high expectations for it, but at least for MP 60hrz severs, for goodness sake it's 5v5! utterly pathetic!
    Oh...

https://m.ign.com/articles/2018/10/22/black-ops-4-will-receive-several-updates-to-improve-network-performance
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    if Treyarch were more transperant they would clarify why they reduced the tick rate before launch and not tell anyone about it. also, I don't see any clarification about updating the tick rate specifically. I hope it is the case, but it might not.
  • HonestSoul333
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    Trying to remember the last time a CoD developer activly patched their game...

Aside from a few out of bounds glitches and occasional weapon rebalancing i cant think of much.

One thing bf has over CoD, is the developers are constantly trying to improve the game. Ganted sometimes they make it worse with patches but at least they try...