Armistice Day

007-_MoJo_-007
5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
I think is on BBC November 11th.

"Lord of the Rings' director Peter Jackson has brought the First World War to life in a documentary using rare original footage that has been colourised and transformed with modern production techniques. Mr Jackson restored a 100-hours of footage from the Imperial War Museum's archive for They Shall Not Grow Old, bringing, in the director's own words, "the human experience of the war" to the big screen in vivid colour. Old and damaged film was immaculately restored and slowed down to a normal speed bringing clarity to the war only previously seen by the infantrymen who saw it first hand."

Comments

• Trokey66
    7808 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11744 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic as it does not relate to BF.
  • Jonny_ChaosMCR
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That programme was incredible. I watched it last night and the really did a good job of making BF1 feel how it was. I can see why so many people were annoyed about the 'feel' of BFV now and how it doesn't come across like a WW2 game cos you're pretty much there in BF1. Especially playing Passchendaele. Looks exactly the same.