Can i use Reshade

SauITigh
25 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Can i use reshade in BF1 or i will get banned? I also use afterburner/rivatuner overlay.

Comments

• SanderThePanda
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    You can use your GPU control panel to do the "reshade" effect for the game.

If you had nvidia gpu, then nvidia control panel - adjust desktop color settings, scroll down and apply the following enchantments: Digital Vibrance.
  • SauITigh
    edited October 2018
    I wanted to use some other effects like AdaptiveSharpen and AmbientLight, i'm actually good with the coloring of BF1 and i already use digital vibrance.
  • NamelessForNow
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SauITigh wrote: »
    Can i use reshade in BF1 or i will get banned? I also use afterburner/rivatuner overlay.

You can use it and WON'T be banned. I used it for a while
  • SauITigh
    ok cool
  • Mikex2112
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Reshade/SweetFX will get you banned !
    WHATEVER YOU DO....DONT USE IT !
  • -aarp-19Crib
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It one of those things. Maybe someday you will get banned but only until you remove it.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    692 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can use your GPU control panel to do the "reshade" effect for the game.

If you had nvidia gpu, then nvidia control panel - adjust desktop color settings, scroll down and apply the following enchantments: Digital Vibrance.

Is there a way to make that only happen on games? It can be pretty brassy for everyday use on a shared computer...
  • NamelessForNow
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mikex2112 wrote: »

You have no idea what you're talking about. You won't get banned. Several forum moderators stated so. I used it for a while.
  • Violent_Rumble
    297 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It should be banned considering you can use a zoom cheat but strangely it is still allowed in battlefield. Real gamers on the other hand play the game as the devs intended.
    Reshade is currently banned in pubg and hopefully banned in battlefield some day https://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-banned-over-1-million-players-in-january-new-anti-cheat-measures-block-reshade/
  • TheNoobPolice
    1356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You will never hear anything from EA / DICE with their current policy about third party applications pertaining to a yes or a no.

I have used it as sharpening filter since I hate the AA method's used in BF1, and colour correcter as BF1's pallett is rather drab and causes a fair anmount of eye strain. Others have used it for the full 2 year life-cycle of the game and have yet to be banned. This says to me DICE probably has some common sense about the issue.

In my opinion there is no reason to ban reshade, and as far as I'm concerned there's no advantage even to the so called "zoom" cheat either, since it is nothing like a real FOV change in the game caused by a zoom on a weapon, your mouse turn-rate doesn't change to compensate for the new screen space FOV meaning you wouldn't be able to hit a barn door while using it, and the game world is not re-rendered at full resoltuion to the new FOV, rather it just takes the existing image and makes it big & blurry. The exact same thing can be achieved by moving your head very close to the screen.

Most of the devs who ban reshade or other simple post-processing systems do so to appease public outcry on the issue formed from unedcuted opinions on the matter.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11045 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    It should be banned considering you can use a zoom cheat but strangely it is still allowed in battlefield. Real gamers on the other hand play the game as the devs intended.
    Reshade is currently banned in pubg and hopefully banned in battlefield some day https://www.pcgamer.com/pubg-banned-over-1-million-players-in-january-new-anti-cheat-measures-block-reshade/

Not really.. I mean sure it could have an advantage on maps with long distance maps ( dayz / arma/ pubg ) but battlefield maps aren't as huge and thus a "zoom" filter is only going to hinder rather than help.
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    673 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Banning for this is understandable BUT that doesn't eliminate all the modern features game monitors have. I'm talking about crosshair overlay for hardcore games and many other color and sharpness enhancements that improve visibility.

My monitor has this feature for example:

It makes PUBG look like this for example:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ThankfulNimbleTireVoteNay

And BF1 looks like this:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AnnoyingPoliteRadicchioThisIsSparta
  • Gattlin
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mikex2112 wrote: »

You have no idea what you're talking about. You won't get banned. Several forum moderators stated so. I used it for a while.

I've used it forever no problems what so ever
  • Gunstar-xXx-Hero
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    SauITigh wrote: »
    Can i use reshade in BF1 or i will get banned? I also use afterburner/rivatuner overlay.[/quote

You sure can. I have been using it for a while and the game never looked better. When i toggle it on and off it almost looks black and white. It is so bland with original colors.