Server Rental Questions?

124»

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Why is boosting even relevant? Seriously, who gives a damn if someone is cheating their stats. It has absolutely no bearing on you.

Exactly, it's as if he thinks points scored by someone who is boosting are subtracted from pointes scored by legit players. So what if a clan is boosting? Report them to EA and don't go back to their server, easy solution.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    You can be sure that virtually every player saying they don't what rented servers has been a complete **** on rented servers in the past and got themselves banned for it :)

Seen it time and time again. "I was banned for no reason by a salty admin 'cause I killed him!" And then the admin comes in and posts the chat log and we get the other side of the story, and the poor banned player acted like a complete jerk and ignored repeated warnings to stop and was finally kicked. I have seen that exact scenario played out in the Forum for a previous BF title, needless to say the banned player shut up and disappeared when the chat log was posted. I've known two guys who were banned from rented servers and they both richly deserved it due to their behavior, they get zero sympathy from me. I've never played with anyone who was banned for killing an admin--not saying it's never happened, but in thousands of hours I never saw it so I'm highly skeptical it's anything like as common as some folks claim.
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most of the players that complain about badmins are really complaining that they could not be toxic or were continuously team killing or something else and they do not want to tell the whole story. The one where they actually deserved it.

again, there were plenty of servers to play on and official servers which everyone knows has no rules to follow.
  • Axlerod1
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SOULJ4R wrote: »
    You can be sure that virtually every player saying they don't what rented servers has been a complete **** on rented servers in the past and got themselves banned for it :)

Seen it time and time again. "I was banned for no reason by a salty admin 'cause I killed him!" And then the admin comes in and posts the chat log and we get the other side of the story, and the poor banned player acted like a complete jerk and ignored repeated warnings to stop and was finally kicked. I have seen that exact scenario played out in the Forum for a previous BF title, needless to say the banned player shut up and disappeared when the chat log was posted. I've known two guys who were banned from rented servers and they both richly deserved it due to their behavior, they get zero sympathy from me. I've never played with anyone who was banned for killing an admin--not saying it's never happened, but in thousands of hours I never saw it so I'm highly skeptical it's anything like as common as some folks claim.

I can't even begin to tell you the lengths we have gone to for guys - getting them to follow our rules only to be cussed out, bashed , maligned etc.
    We even had a group ! of guys come in to the server and tell our MEMBERS ( community not clan) NOT to play - they literally tried to take over OUR servers that WE pay for!
    Yes, couldn't ban them fast enough -
    but that's the thing of it - the "i deserve" something for nothing attitude -
    coming into private server groups, expecting to be able to do whatever....
    I don't go into your house and start changing the TV channels, nor do you get to do it in mine......

RSP's allow players with like interests and comradery the chance to cultivate relationships and game fun together! The recent reddit post indicated that RSP's would take away from the game - clearly they do not understand just how much it cultivates the game and creates many more players who stay involved long term!! (translation more sales!!!) We can document additional members that we have gained and new players (more sales again!!) specifically due to the RSP 's that we currently run in BF4. Our membership has GROWN and continues to do so!!

We don't have "raging admin" they get kicked too! And - if you kill someone who happens to be an admin, good on you!!
    Our admin are not gods just players who love the game and desire to KEEP the INTEGRITY {NOT CHEATING} of the game for the benefit of the whole community.

That said - it does NOT mean that a player has the right to come in to our server and rage, troll, insult etc. and not expect consequences for their action. Which is also why our Community grows - many players are tired of being **** and insulted in "other" servers .... hence another plus for RSP.