What will be the real price of BF5???

FastmikeFree
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
Nothing is mentionned about the real price of that 'new' BF. Are we going to pay every time they will release a new map? Strangely there is no 'premium' version announced upfront which will include all the new DLC/maps.... this makes me very suspicious and I am not going, for the first time, to preorder nor order that BF5 game.
The two available products only have 'cosmetics' differences like skin for your weapons. If the same as in BF1, they really don't bring anything to the gameplay...

Comments

• FastmikeFree
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I am also very concern about the ping management... hope that EA will be back in BF4 code for that. Because in BF1, you change to one team, you almost cannot kill anyone, like if your bullets don't go anywhere. But if you simply swap to the other team, all of a sudden, your kills rate increases tremendously, like if you were invincible! They really kill this game...
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'll go with the assumption you haven't been following BFV announcements.

EA/Dice is using a live service model to not fracture the community for maps and weapons, like the premium model did. You pay $60 for standard version and that is it, unless you want to buy cosmetics. New maps and weapons will cost nothing.
  • FastmikeFree
    I'll go with the assumption you haven't been following BFV announcements.

EA/Dice is using a live service model to not fracture the community for maps and weapons, like the premium model did. You pay $60 for standard version and that is it, unless you want to buy cosmetics. New maps and weapons will cost nothing.

Thanks for that! This is definitely a good piece of news if confirmed.

I did search all around and did not see anything stating this... reason why I was suspecting EA to try to kind of push people to their 'monthly fee' system. :-)
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    You can also expect that there will be different que system for premium users and regular ones, so that getting into servers will be a bit slower.

Also expect to get all dlcs later, like with the release date.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I did search all around and did not see anything stating this... reason why I was suspecting EA to try to kind of push people to their 'monthly fee' system. :-)

You did huh? Because this info is literally everywhere. We've known about it for several months now.
  • Nonswimmerz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited October 2018
    the price ea/dice is paying is by the community not standing for theyre [rubbish] game. bout time we as consumers realize how much power we really have.

[post edited for profanity : Keep it clean please - Forum rules : https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines ]
    Post edited by LOLGotYerTags on
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

You did huh? Because this info is literally everywhere. We've known about it for several months now.

Absolutely and in many forum posts as well. Its literally the first thing that everyone talked about.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Your first born child
  • FastmikeFree

Ok, my bad! English is not my native speaking language... I should have said that I have seen everything and its opposite, but nothing on EA site stating that. But we will see when they will release additional contents in 2019 :-)
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They have moved the 'premium' lump sum to a 'live service' op in opt out trickle feed. Who knows how much of a return they will get. Some players may just be happy with green army camo kit. Where as some will want all the bells and whistles and desert pink goggles so to speak.

Where as before you all opted in and bought the premium package or DLC individually giving them revenue now some of the playerbase can sit on the sides while other's fund the 'live service'

Who knows.
  • Kongo030
    557 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My cost of BF V will be as follows: Pain in the back because of too much sitting, arguments with my wife due to too much playing, estranged kids due to them not seeing my face, lost job because of calling in sick after the release...shall I continue?

Money is really a joke. People complaint about 60 Euros for the game and 60 Euros for Premium in BF1. I played that game for two years and paid 120 Euros. I paid 2000 Euros on WoT in two years and just got back to WT for two weeks as a stop gap and paid 40 Euro on 'stuff'. Most successful games switched from initial price to F2P and there are people paying a fortune on 'stuff'.
  • DaMutha1
    1136 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kongo030 wrote: »

Money is really a joke. People complaint about 60 Euros for the game and 60 Euros for Premium in BF1. I played that game for two years and paid 120 Euros. I paid 2000 Euros on WoT in two years and just got back to WT for two weeks as a stop gap and paid 40 Euro on 'stuff'. Most successful games switched from initial price to F2P and there are people paying a fortune on 'stuff'.

No kidding. I spend more on a 1 hour dinner than I did for 1800 hours of playtime in BF1.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyway, for those not sure, just buy one month of the premium thing and try it out.