Sneak Peek - Battlefield V's Aerodrome Map

danmotoxx
144 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Staff (retired), Battlefield V
Here's a sneak peek at one of 8 Battlefield V map blogs going live tomorrow. This is from one of my favorite maps, Aerodrome, located in North Africa. That hangar cap can get intense!

Tune in tomorrow for a deeper look at all of BFV's launch maps. https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news

loXkCtm.jpg

EudiIBv.jpg?1

Comments

• warslag
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Too much clutter as usual.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Are the hangars going to be pretty open on the inside, or will there be a fair amount of cover? I like the outside A B and F flags, I think there's gonna be some good flank routes along it. My one issue is that E flag seems really close to the German spawn, which makes me feel like it'll be extremely hard to cap, whereas A and B flag on the British side are a bit of s drive.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Placement of the flags looks unbalanced, EDC are a direct line, while A B are open fields. I also hope you didn't try to balance this by giving British extra weapons or vehicles to make up for this. The placements look like an X, with a extra E.

I think of WW2, i'm like most people, i want city maps, An airfield, like how much can one really care for an airfield. It could be the way the picture looks, could be just bad way of showing off the map who knows.
  • warslag
    1333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wonder then if that's the aftermath showing damage in it's totality? This is purely wishful thinking but could it be based on one of those famous SAS raids with the 'pinky' jeeps?
  • why do so many BF maps have even numbered flags to begin with?

Forcing the objective is more real of a thing when you can't just coast with even flags.
  • RaynardSwanXI
    9 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looks really unbalanced, will probably have to play before making conclusions...
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1668 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't mind unbalanced map design as long as it's balanced in some other way. I am assuming it's based on the LRDG/SAS/Popski's Private Army raids in N.Africa so maybe the British side could have a ton of transports to tear around the aerodrome, whilst the defenders maybe just get a light tank or something. Many of the old BF maps were never symmetrical and just had a double rotation and you swapped sides.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks beautiful but feels like it's going to be unbalanced. And the map seems a bit small for 2 tanks per team.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    A similar scale to an average BF1 map.

C and D look like the hot spots.

Looks like A and B are going to be targets for Germans in transports moving out of their spawns.
  • FriendlyFyre_tv
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Put the British spawns on the north side of the map and the Germans on the south, and I feel it would visually look more balanced.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Curious as to what fortifications will be able to be built around A and B flag. It'd be cool if you could build some larger structures.
  • Natetendo83
    1001 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Holy crap this looks unbalanced. I hope I'm wrong, but I see this map being extremely unpopular because of the flag positions. I mean the Germans basically have 3 freebies right on their spawn. Who thought that was a good idea?
  • StrangeOrbit
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Make the allied spawn on the north side and the axis spawn on the south side!
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1668 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The map looks interesting. Looks like initially the British side will take A+B whilst the German side will most likely split their forces 3 ways to take D+E+F. The British then can either concentrate on C to make it 3v3 or attack both C+F , whilst the Germans will need to defend E and attack C. A lot will depend on the make up of the vehicles for both sides.
  • UnderseaAcademic
    272 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I wouldnt worry about flag placement, will be most likely filled with snipers not even bothering to go for flags