Attrition system

Comments

• TyroneLoyd
    1346 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ugh not this again -_-
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Plant S mines around ammo/health supply stations. Profit from free kills.

Or lay in wait with dynamite - kills enemies resupplying/healing and also blows up the crate. Then take out the players attempting to rebuild it.

I'll make sure to watch out for that, thanks ;)
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Well by the few favored comments by you tubers on tweeter., those pushing for a fast paced, lack of ammo attrition have gotten what they wanted.

Another game they will abandon 6 months down the track, while making video explaining how DICE killed BFV by not listen.

Um, okay. I don't think you can literally speak for every single Youtuber, not even the "favored ones".
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    718 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My God Dice, for the love of God, take attrition out. If not, at least implement the Hardline system where we can take ammo/health packs from teammates without input from their part. One thing Hardline did right.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3315 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

My concern is Spawns. If I'm clearing a objective and let's say I kill 2 guys and I'm out of Ammo all they have to do is spawn in and have an advantage over me because they spawned in with Ammo.

Kind of a double edged sword.

They also have an advantage because theres 2 of them....Do you want to come up with some regulation to combat this "unfairness"?

Well reason I said 2 is because if the ammo count you carry. But if they gave us more starting ammo then it shouldn't be a problem. Also you can pick up ammo. Should be fine.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All guns received additional starting ammo + increased max capacity from Beta so i think it should be fine now. And supports are stil l here + ammo stations on every corner and objective + you can still pick ammo from dead bodies (which was increased slightly aswell).
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Plant S mines around ammo/health supply stations. Profit from free kills.

Or lay in wait with dynamite - kills enemies resupplying/healing and also blows up the crate. Then take out the players attempting to rebuild it.

I'll make sure to watch out for that, thanks ;)

Kind of obvious it will be a cheap kills farm, I understand the idea, but it will be kind of stupid at times.

• Yes they were destroyable in the beta I did it multiple times, sounds like you didn't play it because they could 100% be destroyed.

no. i played it. I just never saw it happen. i used them regularly and had no desire to destroy them.
  • Oskool_007
    557 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DICE should just make it like Battle Royale where we can loot everything off downed players. Health packs, ammo, weapons, all of it. I could go for an attrition system like that.

• Well reason I said 2 is because if the ammo count you carry. But if they gave us more starting ammo then it shouldn't be a problem. Also you can pick up ammo. Should be fine.

then leave the spawn/ flag!

If they gives us a lot of ammo it will just be assault/medic spam all over again. It will be solo hero-ball play instead of rewarding teamwork when it does happen.

I don't buy into this "teammates are unreliable." crap. it's true. but you can also bend over backwards and play medic/support yourself.

If you play this game like overwatch/ paladins, you will have more success. It's just like those who play damage/flank in those games complaining that their teammates aren't doing anything.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yes they were destroyable in the beta I did it multiple times, sounds like you didn't play it because they could 100% be destroyed.

no. i played it. I just never saw it happen. i used them regularly and had no desire to destroy them.

That's not what you said at all in your previous post, but ok sure you did.
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3760 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Can't stand it. Probably the biggest reason I'm not buying BFV (right now anyways.) It's not about camping or realism. I think it's a stupid mechanic that has no place in FPS's (outside of BR mode games.)
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I really can't see the issue. there are no good arguments for removing it.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2802 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »

Battlefield is First Person SHOOTER, not First Person SCAVENGER. Yet in BF5 Alphas and Beta people were forced to scavenge the area or dead bodies for ammo. Is like buying a car and having 2 Liter gas tank. Its inconvenient. In FPS I want to shoot. If I want to play survival, I could play BR.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Battlefield is First Person SHOOTER, not First Person SCAVENGER. Yet in BF5 Alphas and Beta people were forced to scavenge the area or dead bodies for ammo. Is like buying a car and having 2 Liter gas tank. Its inconvenient. In FPS I want to shoot. If I want to play survival, I could play BR.

No one needs to scavange anything, ammo is readily available from a number of different sources. supports, ammo stations and dead bodies. Ammo has never been as easy to come by as in BFV.

• Yes they were destroyable in the beta I did it multiple times, sounds like you didn't play it because they could 100% be destroyed.

you must be thinking of someone else.

this was my previous post that you quoted:

"this is because they weren't buildable/ destroyable in the beta. They were static objects. Now they have to be built/rebuilt."

I probably played 20+ hours on ps4. I never saw anyone destroy them or even thought about it.

• Mystriall

Yes they were destroyable in the beta I did it multiple times, sounds like you didn't play it because they could 100% be destroyed.

"this is because they weren't buildable/ destroyable in the beta. They were static objects. Now they have to be built/rebuilt."

I probably played 20+ hours on ps4. I never saw anyone destroy them or even thought about it.

Only trolls will destory them. After all, the supply stations are the same for both teams. So destroying it doesn't just remove one of the hp/ammo options for the enemy team, but for your own as well.
    -
    That being said, there can ofcourse be situations in which destorying the supply station at a flag or w.e would be strategicly sound. But you'd likely be re-building it afterwards to resupply.. which is the reason why you won't find them being destoryed alot during the game. (my bet anyhow)
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Only trolls will destory them. After all, the supply stations are the same for both teams. So destroying it doesn't just remove one of the hp/ammo options for the enemy team, but for your own as well.
    -
    That being said, there can ofcourse be situations in which destorying the supply station at a flag or w.e would be strategicly sound. But you'd likely be re-building it afterwards to resupply.. which is the reason why you won't find them being destoryed alot during the game. (my bet anyhow)

How would it be a troll nove to destroy the ones closest to the enemy spawn even if my team does have the flag? I noticed quite a bit of zerging in the beta.
  • Mystriall

-

How would it be a troll nove to destroy the ones closest to the enemy spawn even if my team does have the flag? I noticed quite a bit of zerging in the beta.

could you elaborate? I don't understand what you are saying here? destory the ones closest to the enemy spawn even if your team has the flag? .

Do you mean destroying the ones at the flags closest to the enemies main spawn?
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plane bombs tend to destroy them a lot. That's the most common cause of their destruction that I saw.