This map looks awesome.

ProAssassin2003
2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
https://mp1st.com/news/battlefield-5-aerodrome-map-sneak-peek

Although I see a problem with one side having 3 flags really close to spawn.

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018

Meh, we'll see how much of a problem it actually is once we get to play it. You can't make a final determination on just an aerial picture layout. Excited to get more info and pictures of ALL the maps :)
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If the British have lots of transport (I'm guessing the map is based on LRDG/SAS raids) they could easily cap their 'gimme' flags at the same time as the German side if they are mostly on foot.
  • VincentNZ
    1751 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks to open for my taste from the overview. As for the flag distribution, it might be asymmetrically balanced to make up for that.
  • JediMastaWyn
    424 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Sigh, getting a bit bored of central focal points on a lot of these maps now. It just ends up with everyone zerging the middle with outer flags being an after thought. It will just end up with everyone fighting over the hanger and few sporadic battles over rest. A and F won't get a look in. It's like they're saying look here at C is where all the action is instead of the maps having a natural flow.

I want to Levolution that hanger :D
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1393 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sigh, getting a bit bored of central focal points on a lot of these maps now. It just ends up with everyone zerging the middle with outer flags being an after thought. It will just end up with everyone fighting over the hanger and few sporadic battles over rest. A and F won't get a look in. It's like they're saying look here at C is where all the action is instead of the maps having a natural flow.

I want to Levolution that hanger :D

Better than the flag cap merry go rounds that happen on a lot of maps. Much prefer more intense fight over a couple flags,with flanking possibilities for back caps, than maps like Nivelle Nights
  • FriendlyFyre_tv
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DICE has a horrible track record when creating linear maps (looking at you Suez), I really do not like how some of these flags appear to be "gimme flags."
  • Noodlesocks
    2079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That is one tiny map. Just that one screenshot you can see how close the C,D and E flags are to each other.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    That is one tiny map. Just that one screenshot you can see how close the C,D and E flags are to each other.

Good. We could see some epic battles and not just flag hoping.
  • Noodlesocks
    2079 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I suspect it will be the opposite, especially with F providing a lateral approach and the potential for a tank to just sit on the hill and cover all 3 flags.
  • ninjapenquinuk

I suspect it will be the opposite, especially with F providing a lateral approach and the potential for a tank to just sit on the hill and cover all 3 flags.

Thats not the ring around the roses flag hopping we see on many maps though. F and A look like they could provide good flanking opportunities