Map reveal video

2»

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    KamikazeK7 wrote: »
    So who watched that trailer more than once? I watched it once on my phone and then I had to watch on computer with speakers. Later when I get home I will watch on my tv with full surround sound. Hyped!! Cant wait to be the first into the hangar on Aerodome and launch the panzerfaust into the planes...race you there!

Watched it many times. I'll watch it again when I get home and can see it on my tv instead of a monitor.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    KamikazeK7 wrote: »
    So who watched that trailer more than once? I watched it once on my phone and then I had to watch on computer with speakers. Later when I get home I will watch on my tv with full surround sound. Hyped!! Cant wait to be the first into the hangar on Aerodome and launch the panzerfaust into the planes...race you there!

*Raises hand*

It's so awesome to see all the elements together, all in motion. Heavy tanks dragging towables behind them across the bridge, fortifications going up, and clashes meeting around these

• they need to switch the G flag and german spawn on Hamada. The german spawn is so much better than the british one on that map.they can access everything, while the british will have to fight just to get beyond half way.

I like the map layout for the most part. I am just worried about obvious disadvantages causing people to quit.
  • ragnarok013
    1998 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    The maps just look insane beautiful!
    The customizations are clearly toned done/made more neutral and "accurate" for this trailer, hopefully we will have a (payed) option to not see inaccurate customizations at launch to keep it looking something like this.

Absolutely not. You should NOT be able to turn off customizations.

@firechickenfan @NLBartmaN gentlemen please keep on topic, this thread is about the maps.
  • DarkestHour138
    992 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Based on the trailer and descriptions in the blog, does anybody have a map they think will be their favorite? Least favorite?

I'm going to guess Twisted Steel will be one of my favorites. Narvik as a least favorite.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Based on the trailer and descriptions in the blog, does anybody have a map they think will be their favorite? Least favorite?

I'm going to guess Twisted Steel will be one of my favorites. Narvik as a least favorite.

Arras and Twisted Steel are the two maps I can't wait to play the most.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Its tough to pick a favorite. Even as mostly an Infy player, I love having lots of room to explore and find my own way across the map. Hamada is looking smooth for this.

I'm not sure why, but I also just love the way "Destruction" looks, the Belguim map.

Least favorite will probably be Fjell as I hated Argonne from BF1. If it has less funnels then we'll see, but Suez, Argonne, all the straight-line style maps I've always hated.
  • DarkestHour138
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Its tough to pick a favorite. Even as mostly an Infy player, I love having lots of room to explore and find my own way across the map. Hamada is looking smooth for this.

I'm not sure why, but I also just love the way "Destruction" looks, the Belguim map.

Least favorite will probably be Fjell as I hated Argonne from BF1. If it has less funnels then we'll see, but Suez, Argonne, all the straight-line style maps I've always hated.

I have my reservations for Fjell. It's going to be interesting as it's infantry and planes only. That makes me think each match will be either really good or really bad. If one team gets an ace or two on their side and the other team has no good pilots I think it will be a steamroll for that team.
  • Trokey66
    7575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looking canny!

Don't get the Saving Private Ryan reference though, 'mood and atmosphere' looks much like all the previous trailers too.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Looking canny!

Don't get the Saving Private Ryan reference though, 'mood and atmosphere' looks much like all the previous trailers too.

The reference isn’t how it looked; there was actually a reference from the movie in the trailer.

• HardAimedKid
    11385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

The community has scrutinized Dice/EA on just about everything on this game, so they could have found something. Just imagine if there would have been a couple shots of over the top customization or a bland looking shot of one of the maps.

I think they hit it out of the park with this trailer and am glad to see the positive response.

Oh, there are still people that are mad about not everything being there at launch. Premium being gone and missing armies and using less known smaller battles andwill dislike the trailer.

But there will be less dislikes with this trailer because ofthe more WW2/Saving Private Ryan moments and lack of (focus on ) controversial customizations.

You're in the minority. Most don't give a crap about customization. It's a thread showing the maps with the video and you just can't help coming in here and talking about, wait for it.... CUSTOMIZATION! Ding ding ding ding! You do it in very thread you go into. Just do everyone a favor and skip the game. We get it you hate customization...
  • Trokey66
    7575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Looking canny!

The reference isn’t how it looked; there was actually a reference from the movie in the trailer.

Confused!

Where snipers unique to Saving Private Ryan?
  • TEKNOCODE
    10659 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Looking canny!

Confused!

Lol. No, but that one sniper shot from the tower to the tank is almost 1:1 to the spr clip above.
  • Trokey66
    Looking canny!

Confused!

Lol. No, but that one sniper shot from the tower to the tank is almost 1:1 to the spr clip above.

Ahhhh, so is BFV is a good game now or what?
  • TEKNOCODE
    edited November 2018
    Looking canny!

Confused!

Lmfao. It’s always been a good game.

Looking forward to trotting around the maps with the

B

R

E

N

Bren.
  • KamikazeK7
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Looking canny!

Confused!

Lmfao. It’s always been a good game.

Looking forward to trotting around the maps with the

B

R

E

N

Bren.
    I fixed it for you.

B etter
    R un
    E verywhere
    N utballs

Favorite “looks” of the map for me is Twisted Steel. Im digging the trees.
  • Al3xDaS0uL
    132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    looks amazing... time to upgrade? :(
  • SirSpectacle
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looking canny!

Confused!

Nobody will be riding in the tank gunner cupola like that in actual play though, that position is a death trap. That shot is 100% staged for the trailer and won't happen in game unless you're dealing with total noobs.

• Based on the trailer and descriptions in the blog, does anybody have a map they think will be their favorite? Least favorite?

Favorite: hamada. It looks like it has everything a FPS map could possibly have: various terrain, open, multiple routes to everywhere, defensible objects everywhere. They need more maps with multiple routes to everywhere.

Fjell is a close 2nd. It reminds me of hill 137 from BFBC2 vietnam. I love maps that have various terrain that throws people off.

Narvik is a solid map. Small, but the destruction makes it very replayable.

Least favorite: the one with the cathedral in the middle. It's going to be an explosive spam fest maps that all the noobs play to get easy stats. I don't like maps with over concentrated spots in it. Those maps become boring and repetitive by the third time you play it.