Customization

KamikazeK7
331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
After seeing Arras map and that big hay field, I’m really craving a ghillie suit to slither through that field! Imagine being a squad of ghillie suits and standing up right when a tank passes with panzerfausts. “Surprise sucker!!”

Comments

• Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I saw that field and thought about slowly crawling up to that camping tank and tossing dynamite and rocketing it
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As someone who's seen people use ghillie suits in action, they're so noticeable when you're moving in them, lol. They really only work when you're stationary. Honestly, you're better off just using camouflaged gear, lol.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if there will be some default clothes depending on the map - like snow on winter maps, desert etc. Or we will have to manualy change that in every map.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I wonder if there will be some default clothes depending on the map - like snow on winter maps, desert etc. Or we will have to manualy change that in every map.

I made a post asking if we'll have multiple loadout slots, so we can change our character depending on the map for that specific reason. Hopefully we will, so that you dont have to spend a few minutes in the menu changing your character at the start of every round.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Unless they took it out I'm pretty sure in the reveal trailer there was a Ghille suit.

• MONEYPYR0
    Unless they took it out I'm pretty sure in the reveal trailer there was a Ghille suit.

The first reveal trailer, or the Gamescom trailer? Just watched the latter, and didnt see a ghillie suit. Maybe you might've seen a soldier with leaves webbed into his helmet?
  • Imabaka70
    2422 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

The first reveal trailer, or the Gamescom trailer? Just watched the latter, and didnt see a ghillie suit. Maybe you might've seen a soldier with leaves webbed into his helmet?

I remember seeing it in a earlier trailer. Now whether we still get it as it’s wasnt a far out there customization remains to be seen.

Though I’m still gonna hunt down the bush Wookiee in the hills for my dog tag collection. Let’s see if I can get more in bfV than the 12,500ish I have in bf1
  • MONEYPYR0
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I remember seeing it in a earlier trailer. Now whether we still get it as it’s wasnt a far out there customization remains to be seen.

Though I’m still gonna hunt down the bush Wookiee in the hills for my dog tag collection. Let’s see if I can get more in bfV than the 12,500ish I have in bf1

I mean, ghillie suits were used back then, but like my earlier comment, chilli suits are fairly noticeable, mainly when moving though. Good luck on your hunt man!
  • Imabaka70
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I mean, ghillie suits were used back then, but like my earlier comment, chilli suits are fairly noticeable, mainly when moving though. Good luck on your hunt man!

Thanks and yeah when moving I’d imagine so especially in real life. But your average player in battlefield seems to not notice obvious things so they might be effective ish
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    KamikazeK7 wrote: »
    After seeing Arras map and that big hay field, I’m really craving a ghillie suit to slither through that field! Imagine being a squad of ghillie suits and standing up right when a tank passes with panzerfausts. “Surprise sucker!!”

Who knows, that might still be doable even without a ghillie suit. That (wheat?) looks pretty darn long. That would be pretty epic though, lol. You know the tank driver would be like "Oh cra...(BOOM!!!)"
  • ninjapenquinuk
    1390 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm really looking forward to some of these maps in Breakthrough mode. I think this is where fortifications will truly shine - or be a damp squid!
  • ProAssassin2003
    2880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Very first reveal. At 1:43. I rewatched and it looks like a guy with a long trenchcoat with leaves attached and a gas mask. Thought it was a Ghille suit. Close I guess.