What you won't miss from BF1?

ProAssassin2003
1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
1.Random bullet deviation
2.Awful suppression
3.TTK 2.0
4. Heavy Bomber
5. Mortor Truck
6. Hellriegal
7. Grenade Spam!!!!!!!!!!
8. Gas Grenades
9. Absurd abused spotting
10. Flare Spam with Ammo crates.
11. Rocket Gun

Comments

• RRedux
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    1. Elite kits
    2. Behemoth crutch
  • ElliotLH
    3697 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RBD is the main one for me. I'll also be glad to leave some maps behind.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

11. Rocket Gun

This exactly.. Except I like my spotting.

• magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 3
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

11. Rocket Gun

Exactly. 10-good points but not the spotting. I also spam flares too and kit switch for ammo.
    Basically the main reason why i'll skip bfv: i'm blind without spotting.
    Post edited by magosnow on
  • cso7777
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The list is fine.

But TTK2...

BFV will have faster TTK than TTK2, so missing that - I don't understand...
  • GhiIlie
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 3
    magosnow wrote: »
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

11. Rocket Gun

Exactly. 10-good points but not the spotting. I also soam flares too and kit switch for ammo.

I reckon reducing spotting is a good thing. You'll have to communicate more with fellow squad mates and this avoids being shot by some proned knob shooting at red markers. I also feel like being stationary for a longer period should make you easier to (3d) spot. Camping is a sin.

Also I would like to add the calvery to this list. God they're annoying. They're like a bug buzzing around your face wanting to sit on your nose while you try to focus, or in this case play the F'in objective.
  • magosnow
    607 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GhiIlie wrote: »
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

11. Rocket Gun

Exactly. 10-good points but not the spotting. I also soam flares too and kit switch for ammo.

I reckon reducing spotting is a good thing. You'll have to communicate more with fellow squad mates and this avoids being shot by some proned knob shooting at red markers. I also feel like being stationary for a longer period should make you easier to (3d) spot. Camping is a sin.

Also I would like to add the calvery to this list. God they're annoying. They're like a bug buzzing around your face wanting to sit on your nose while you try to focus, or in this case play the F'in objective.
    I don't do any camping or anything mentioned in your post ,and i always play solo..... but even cavalry?
    Lol we MUST never meet.i'm probably the diametrically opposite of you on bf1.
  • AjeepDog
    26 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Green gas of death
    Fuel soaked uniforms
    Prone rocket gun
    Heavy bomber
    Random Loot boxes
    Stand up/prone/stuck on a pebble --- movement fails
    RSP Fail ???

I probably have to just accept the last two will be carried over and not missed at all neutral:
  • JoseAlderino
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Tiny tree branch destroying a plane
    Being stuck behind tiniest rock
    Cavalry
    Spawn in front of an enemy
    Kd > objective players
  • pwnedPewPew
    244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bored Lvl 150 Noobs waiting in the Spawnscreen to get in their Heavy Bomber..to be ranked on first place for this 80/1 run..
  • ProAssassin2003
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Can't believe I forgot about horses. No more horses. That alone is enough to buy BFV.
  • OPT47
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Ridiculously overpowered calvary.
    Ridiculously overpowered planes.
    Silent tanks. (They seemed at least slightly noisier in the BFV beta.)
  • cso7777
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 3
    OPT47 wrote: »
    Ridiculously overpowered calvary.
    Ridiculously overpowered planes.
    Silent tanks. (They seemed at least slightly noisier in the BFV beta.)

This and also the awful game-balancer.
  • Matty101yttam
    579 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hated the 3d spotting, also hate area spotting tools like flares.
    Should only be spotting on the map if a player actively spots them, or a fixed point 3d icon that isn't actually attached to a player.

Random deviation
    Elites
    Medic needle spam
    Sniper sweetspot
    Laggy cavalry
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1403 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades
    9. Absurd abused spotting
    11. Rocket Gun

All this +

Elite Classes
    Behemoths
    Revive bugs(hopefully they're not coming back)
  • Big_Daddy_Ado
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Packet loss......
  • Major_Pungspark
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Heavy Bomber
    Mortor Truck, good idea to buff it before abandoning the game
    Grenade Spam
    Gas Grenades
    Absurd amount of spotting
    Elite classes
    The huge buff on snipers that caused insane amounts of them
    Attack plane
    Smg 08, because adding a 800rpm, 80 round, 4 htk smg is a good idea, you would have thought that the automatico with the hip fire spam and the no need to aim shotguns with 0ms to kill was a bit annoying on the smaller maps.

About the ttk 2.0, the downside was probably the amount of bipod heroes that popped up, I am kind of suprised when I go into a stat page and see that the amount playing support is not higher, but maybe there is more on PC.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    833 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Most of these have been said:
    Behemoths
    Elites
    Artillery Trucks
    Gas Grenades
    Melee lock-ons
    Mortars
    Sweet Spot
    Heavy Bombers
    Medic Trains
    Cavalry
    Crappy Conquest Scoring
    Bad weapon mechanics, e.g. spread, suppression etc.
  • NLBartmaN
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    - RBD
    - TTK 2.0
    - Poor lagging servers and no ping limit
    - Poor balance system
    - Medic trains
    - Vehicles capable of killing outside of borders
    - Players only focussed on stats and not on PTFO

Hmm only RBD will be gone, the rest (probably) still will be there .. or in a worse version ..

On a positive note: fog will no longer be client side and I sure won't miss that, that is a good thing!
  • GhiIlie
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    GhiIlie wrote: »
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

11. Rocket Gun

I don't do any camping or anything mentioned in your post ,and i always play solo..... but even cavalry?
    Lol we MUST never meet.i'm probably the diametrically opposite of you on bf1.

No offence to you mate, I hope there was none taken. 3D spotting can be a bit OP. I spam R1 constantly and the reason is pretty obvious; enemies can be seen much easier and much faster. But in my opinion it also takes away the challenge.

And I do not believe we are that much of an opposite, we are all (well most of us..) in it to win it and do it with a play style that suits them best.

Even when you play alone you don't really have to be alone. Open your mic and try to play together with some random squad mates. One never knows what may come out of it. It did bring me some longtime worldwide battlefield friendships.