What you won't miss from BF1?

Comments

• MarxistDictator
    4777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Client side fog and smoke, honestly these 2 things wreck the game.

Honorable mentions to the behemoths, heavy bomber, artillery truck and TTK 2.0 bipods/heavy MGs.

But seriously I can barely play a round without fog, and I routinely see it not affecting everyone in the lobby still. Getting sniped by iron sights through fog makes me want to shut the game off right there like why should I be forced to play with a massive limitation but the game lets other players avoid it completely? Should have been priority #1 for the devs, ages ago.

And the Incursions mode fix for smoke where it is applied server side should have made it to the base game too. But nope it was just a solid waste of dev time the entire way around.
  • Matty101yttam
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GhiIlie wrote: »
    3D spotting can be a bit OP. I spam R1 constantly and the reason is pretty obvious; enemies can be seen much easier and much faster. But in my opinion it also takes away the challenge.

yup....i was looking for a guy on the flag the other day and could not find him, as i was walking away a red icon flashed in the grass and i found him, but i know i shouldn't have.
  • Zooboid
    926 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1.Random bullet deviation
    2.Awful suppression
    3.TTK 2.0
    4. Heavy Bomber
    5. Mortor Truck
    6. Hellriegal
    8. Gas Grenades

These, and most of all RBD and Suppression. I will miss spotting though.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1....
  • boutneus
    2453 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Although I won’t step over to bfV , what I won’t miss if I’d stop playing : 1) the mindless explosive spams (where half the team just sits on ammo crates chucking nades and whatever else into a chokepoint but never even using their gun eventhough it could net a lot more kills). 2)The stupid weekly medal system. 3) the RNG battlepacks 4) the artytruck/heavy bomber noobs on operations
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    LMG Prone Babies..damn..I forgot in BFV they can also prone..:/
    Post edited by pwnedPewPew on
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Actually, the heavy bomber might be one of the most annoying things in a game I ever played. I mean, if the enemy side has the better pilots, they will harvest the other team to no end, and then there is always one that only spawn in the bomber because he know with the air cover he can just sit in that thing and farm away (And even without he can probably bomb a flag or two before shot down and then repeat.), gets shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, spawns in it, farms, get shot down, wow, round over, 110-10, without even playing the game, GG. And when it is foggy, just better to change map instead of being farmed by something that you cant even see.

But I am just waiting to see what kind of annoying cheap toys that they are gonna add in the next game. That V1(V2?) thing looks like a good possibility, and maybe add a b17 that can fly around above some fog and just flatten 1/4 of the map at each bomb run.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    806 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I won’t miss anything from BF1 and the legacy of its bad ideas will continue to leak into future titles.

Post edited by BURGERKRIEG on
  • CSO7777
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    But I am just waiting to see what kind of annoying cheap toys that they are gonna add in the next game. That V1(V2?) thing looks like a good possibility, and maybe add a b17 that can fly around above some fog and just flatten 1/4 of the map at each bomb run.
    That's my biggest concern about BFV. I think the vehicles/planes will be buffed from the beta (they already said so) but I really hope they don't become anything like BF1 or BF4, where vehicles totally dominate many of the maps. BF4 has tanks/lavs in big numbers, BF1 has planes strafing and in general no good anti-vehicle weapons for infantry.

And the bomber in BF1, that's really really bad. In the beta, the V1 didn't feel as awful as the bomber, at least you could hear it coming...

But perhaps we get a 'Little boy' or a 'Fat man', that would be Dice game-balance at it's finest...
  • bran1986
    5442 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Suppression that makes bipoded supports immune to bullets. Ttk 2.0 that completely destroyed any semblance of balance.
  • ProAssassin2003
    2950 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »
    Suppression that makes bipoded supports immune to bullets. Ttk 2.0 that completely destroyed any semblance of balance.

This 1000%.
  • pwnedPewPew
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Client side fog and smoke, honestly these 2 things wreck the game.

Honorable mentions to the behemoths, heavy bomber, artillery truck and TTK 2.0 bipods/heavy MGs.

But seriously I can barely play a round without fog, and I routinely see it not affecting everyone in the lobby still. Getting sniped by iron sights through fog makes me want to shut the game off right there like why should I be forced to play with a massive limitation but the game lets other players avoid it completely? Should have been priority #1 for the devs, ages ago.

And the Incursions mode fix for smoke where it is applied server side should have made it to the base game too. But nope it was just a solid waste of dev time the entire way around.

Im just leaving the Game when Fog or this useless Sanstorm appears..maybe you should do it too..
  • LanceKilkenny65
    100 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    cavalry
    heavy bombers
    gas grenades
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Seeing that silly bald Russian female propaganda piece on the front loading screen that has been there since the Russian dlc release and hasn't gone away. Considering the premise Dice used to insert this Political stunt into the great war was founded on a LITERAL propaganda unit used only to encourage more men into signing up and didn't actually see any combat on the battlefront.

I am aware however that the likelihood of staring at another female propaganda piece for BFV's entire duration is an extremely high possibility but at least there was women who fought in this war that are worth celebrating and revering.
  • robmcewen
    2883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The God awful team balance.
  • Titan_Awaken
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Horses. Or more specifically Cavalry.

To clear any conufsion, I don't think they're OP, too weak, unrealistic etc, etc...

I just find them super annoying mostly because most of the riders I encounter are incompetent and derpy. They're more of a nuisance than an actual threat in the hands of a bad rider.
  • CSO7777
    990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    robmcewen wrote: »
    The God awful team balance.
    BF4 us often just as unbalanced as BF1, but the old scoring system makes a big difference (which will return in BFV). Comebacks do happen in BF4, in BF1 they are very very rare.

In BF4 a ticket lead of 200 points can be turned around, thats almost impossible in BF1.

But the scoring system alone will not fix the balance, we need more than that...
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    SMG OP/18

I'm sure a similarly OP gun will eventually make it into BFV (unless there's already one at launch).

Behemoths.

BF1's Conquest scoring system.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Anyway, I am not even sure how I managed to play Bf4 and Bf1 as much as I did. They added so much REALLY annoying stuff in both games.

I mean, in no particular order of stupid stuff and strange buffs/nerfs, some mentioned by me before:

AA is to strong, nerfs all AA in Bf4, and then Bf1 so that life became hell at launch, then buff/nerf game starts. Still AA is taken out before planes are even in range, that is nice, atleast we got some man portable AA now.

Flying repairtank (Scout helicopter.) with no aim splattercannons, how long did we have to endure that?

Lets buff sniper rifles, sweetspot, uh, that turned out well, I thought Bf4 was bad on the open maps at times,( oh, it was bad in Bf4 especially on the city maps where they where sitting on every rooftop. There where like 8vs8 with some vehicles at times.). Oh, and nerf all other weapons. By the way what do you get when you have a class with some rocketlaunchers that have really crappy weapons for range, oh, missile spam.

Tv-guided man portable missile, what could go wrong with that?

Bf4 vehicle "thermal only idea", maybe a tad to powerful....took a while to nerf..make sure it also spot mines.

Shotguns in Bf4 at some "summer patch", turned city maps into shotgun parties, do they even try their buffs nerfs? Took a looong time to tone down.

Have a vehicle that is only used for long range artillery spam, and then buff it before abandoing the game, sweet. Lets see how many artillery trucks you can cram into a map?

Have a fighter plane that can both farm infantry and other planes, lets nerf it while buffing some other plane and make it so good at both infantry farming and against other planes so no one uses the fighter anymore, because why when it can farm infantry so good.

Lets make a huge bomber that kind of removes an entire cap area, when there is heavy fog the farming gets worse.

A wire guided AT/AA launcher is to good, nerfs it into the ground. Infantry farming season even more open.

Lets release an game altering patch just before abandoning the game, oh, we forgot to add all changes to all weapons. You thought a 900rpm, 25 shot smg was annoying, say hey to 800rpm one with 80 rounds in the magasine that kill in one hit less, 200ms ttk, sweet...it is so good at close range that I killed people that really surprised me because they had double the ttk as I did. You can do 3 "mag dumps" before reloading compared to the automatico.

Oh, lets turn lmg:s with bipods into lasers, because all the snipers where not annoying enough?

Oh, Bf1 the tank farming is not bad enough, lets slaughter AT-mines so you cant get a kill with them, like the drone view of vehicles made it easy to start with? Bf4, oh, these mines are to small so they don´t glow properly in the thermal sights so they might be missed at times, lets nerf em more.

The balancer, it is still not that great, it is actually pretty bad.

Lets have a plane circling the map, with automatic cannons and a bigger one, then nerf aa-missiles so they don´t reach it. Then nerf wire-guided missile also.

Allmost everyone hates red dots, lets make more by adding a gadget, then nerf the spotting some. Then release next game, remove changes to red dots to make sure there are plenty of red dots to shot at.

Lets have a helicopter with double flares to make sure it is immune to AA-missiles.

Anyqay, I am still buying Bf V, but I will buy a month first for testing....

• Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lets buff sniper rifles, sweetspot, uh, that turned out well, I thought Bf4 was bad on the open maps at times,( oh, it was bad in Bf4 especially on the city maps where they where sitting on every rooftop.

The way bolt actions in BF1 perform is great except for the sweetspot. Although I don't really mind it too much, I'm fine with it being gone. The nerf to damage and velocity in BFV for bolt actions really sucks though and makes them pretty ineffective for anything but camping back away from the enemy. Whereas BF1's damage model allowed for more aggressive play with the bolt actions. In BFV every other class is now heavily buffed while bolt actions have been nerfed to near uselessness for objective play.

At least we get SLRs on recon now. Which is great because I won't even bother using the bolt actions in how weak of a state they are now.

I'd actually be happy to have BF4 balancing of bolt actions back.