One big positive about the new spotting system

MONEYPYR0
439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Now, I like the new spotting system a lot, but I know quite a bit of you guys don't. But I think there's one undeniable positive, which is that spotting lets you basically go "Hey, there is/was a guy in this area". So even if the guy has already gone behind cover, you can point out that someone is over there behind a wall, or around a corner. I much prefer this over just knowing where that enemy is all the time, and I think its much more realistic. I mean, if you're already playing with a squad of friends who communicate, it can still serve as being a visual indication of where to look. And if you aren't playing with friends, well, maybe your squad mates will realize "Oh hey, there's probably an enemy soldier around here". Just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

Comments

• Mystriall
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I agree completely.
  • spychodelics
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    We will see how this plays out in the end.
  • MAGNUM_MU5TACHE
    1117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 5
    Flares are in the game so people gonna be all over the mini map. Flares need to be removed. noob crutch
  • MONEYPYR0
    439 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Flares are in the game so people gonna all over the mini map. Flares need to be removed. noob crutch

I can agree to that. Too easy to use. At least when you had the MAV in BF4, you still had to manually mark enemies.
  • Hawxxeye
    2049 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Flares are in the game so people gonna be all over the mini map. Flares need to be removed. noob crutch

It is a bit ironic to main the best full auto weapons of BF1 (and previous game probably) and call about the tools that justify the existence of another less competitive class to be "noob crutches"... just saying
  • Gforce81
    3325 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The thing about flares in BFV; they've been completely reworked from how they worked in BF1

You can no longer pop a long distance flare to highlight enemies at more than 100 meters away

In BFV, they need to be fired directly into the air, almost straight up, and they only illuminate to their highest capacity when they are actually in the air as they slowly drift down

They do reveal enemies it's on the ground, but it's a much smaller radius
  • NLBartmaN
    1893 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    During the Beta, everyone was ignoring the area spots.

I don't know if this was because of the color, shape or duration of the spot or the fact it was not precise (you even spot when there is no enemy near the place you spot, but just press the wrong button), but it was ignored on a large scale.

Also the fact it was solid and not see through might had influence on why it was ignored.

Was there not a part in one of the Dev talks that hey would change this and more parts of the spotting?
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I like the new spotting system but there was one huge problem that I encountered in the beta. The commorose for marking objectives was awful, so I would end up looking at the flag and hitting RB but if I wasn't directly on the flag it would spot an area that I didn't intend to spot.

They need to fix the commorose in the final version, especially on Xbox (I would assume PS works the same).