Moderators - unable to post or reply in BFV discussion

KamikazeK7
331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 2018
I cant post or reply to anything in BFV discussion. Is that locked down now??
Post edited by KamikazeK7 on

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Looks like it; although, some people can post. I wonder if those that preordered bfv through origin have been granted access?

@StarscreamUK @LOLGotYerTags
  • KamikazeK7
    331 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    I wonder if playing the trial on xbox will allow you to post in discussion or if you need to play the “actual” game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The trial should. I was able to post in bf1 last year after the trial.
  • KamikazeK7
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    The trial should. I was able to post in bf1 last year after the trial.
    Cool, well I guess i need to wait to post until Nov 9th! I probably just would have rambled about something that wont matter much anyways.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    The BFV general section is open to posts still.

If you are trying to post in any of the platform central sections ( BFV PC / BFV PS4 / BFV XBONE ) then those are closed until closer to release, If the BF1 section is anything to go by, They will be opened on launch day.
  • KamikazeK7
    The BFV general section is open to posts still.

If you are trying to post in any of the platform central sections ( BFV PC / BFV PS4 / BFV XBONE ) then those are closed until closer to release, If the BF1 section is anything to go by, They will be opened on launch day.
    I cant post in General discussions, I can’t even reply to threads I created.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12619 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Perhaps it's now locked down to people who have it preordered on their accounts, i.e if you don't have it on your account pre-ordered, You can't post discussions or replies.
  • KamikazeK7
    Perhaps it's now locked down to people who have it preordered on their accounts, i.e if you don't have it on your account pre-ordered, You can't post discussions or replies.
    I pre-odered deluxe a while back on xbox and I have EA Access. Oh well.
  • TEKNOCODE
    KamikazeK7 wrote: »
    I pre-odered deluxe a while back on xbox and I have EA Access. Oh well.
    Ditto. Preordered in Xbox. Can’t post in bfv.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I have it pre-ordered through Origin. Can't comment in BFV general either.

Game library showing BFV:
    originbf.png
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Odd, it may be a permissions issue.

I can't do anything about this for you guys but I'll tag a few of the EA guys and let them know.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Odd, it may be a permissions issue.

I can't do anything about this for you guys but I'll tag a few of the EA guys and let them know.

@LOLGotYerTags

I just tried signing out of the forums and signing back in, and now I can post in the BFV general section again.

@TEKNOCODE
    @KamikazeK7
    To everyone else here, try logging out of the forums and signing back in to see if it fixes the problem for you.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Thanks for the heads up!

If its working for you then my permissions issue theory must hold up.

• HUMANFRAIL7Y
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's unlocked to only people who preordered the game? Ludicrous. :(
  • LOLGotYerTags

Read above, log out and log in and retry.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2712 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Signing out and then back in solved the issue for me.
  • HUMANFRAIL7Y
    709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Read above, log out and log in and retry.

I did. 3 times. Still no dice. :(
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Worked for me as well to sign out and back in.

Edit: scratch that it was going to let me then now it won’t lol
  • ElliotLH
    7767 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The log-out-log-in trick doesn't seem to have worked for me either.
  • Sixclicks
    edited November 2018
    Odd. Signing out and back in again is all it took for me. I haven't had any trouble posting in the BFV General forums since.

Do you have BFV pre-ordered? Maybe you need it pre-ordered through Origin specifically like I have, at least until the game launches maybe? Maybe it's not detecting console pre-orders for permission. Not sure what it might be. It does sound like some sort of permissions issue.