SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    Currently, while I've found sli does sorta work, and scale quite well with the latest driver, there's a few bugs involving missing GPU accelerated particles, made a little YouTube vid showing the differences...

    You can see the missing effects at several points throughout the clip, inc missing rain/sparks and dynamic leaves.

    great scaling.
  • DukeSan27
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?

    DX12 mGPU is not happening. Was confirmed by DICE sometime ago. Ray tracing is DX12 only, so since their is no mGPU, so no Ray Tracing too.
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    My second 980Ti would be helpful in this game, worked fine in bf3. Bf4 and bf1
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3872 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?

    DX12 mGPU is not happening. Was confirmed by DICE sometime ago. Ray tracing is DX12 only, so since their is no mGPU, so no Ray Tracing too.

    Ray Tracing is already in the game with the latest patch.

    -CB
  • DukeSan27
    1192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?

    DX12 mGPU is not happening. Was confirmed by DICE sometime ago. Ray tracing is DX12 only, so since their is no mGPU, so no Ray Tracing too.

    Ray Tracing is already in the game with the latest patch.

    -CB

    What I am saying is that you can’t have SLI with ray tracing, as ray tracing is DX12 and DX12 does not have SLI support.

    So you can have SLI in DX11 with no Ray tracing or have Ray Tracing with DX12 and no SLI.

  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3872 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    DukeSan27 wrote: »
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?

    DX12 mGPU is not happening. Was confirmed by DICE sometime ago. Ray tracing is DX12 only, so since their is no mGPU, so no Ray Tracing too.

    Ray Tracing is already in the game with the latest patch.

    -CB

    What I am saying is that you can’t have SLI with ray tracing, as ray tracing is DX12 and DX12 does not have SLI support.

    So you can have SLI in DX11 with no Ray tracing or have Ray Tracing with DX12 and no SLI.

    gotcha
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think more importantly is where is DX12 multi gpu support? Dice hasn't had a multi gpu implementation for DX12 in any of it's titles. Can frosbite even support it? Is ray tracing compatible with multi gpu?
    BF1 added mGPU support around August 2017. DX12 was a stutter fest so it was hard to use it.
  • Snipe3000
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    it never worked for me in the beta with that driver. but i'm gonna try your fix. whats the point of buying a thousand plus dollars in video cards if Dice and Nvidia is just gonna screw us...
  • REPERCUSSIONS
    222 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    not even the 2080ti is going to hold 144fps at 1440p, let alone at 4k .... Not on all ultra. we do this to have the best and they still crap on us.
  • CartierOne
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I know it's not a question about Sli but i have a small problem when i play grand operations on Twisted Steel i don't see the rain , all my squad it's having rain in that map and i don't have it .

    And about sli i can't get it work 80-90% from the video cards. I'm using an i9 procesor and 2x 1080ti and all i get it's 50-60% from the video cards. Thanks.

  • koerthis
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.
  • Dragam
    876 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.

    2 evga 1080s ftw hybrid
    7700k at 5.0ghz under 70c temp.
    16gb ram
    running the game at 3440x1440p a mix of high and ultra and AA lowest. Can play at 100fps with sometimes dips in the mid 80s. Changing settings all low or all ultra doesnt really give much improvment. The fps will still dip under 100 no matter the settings.
    Cpu running around 80-85% on all cores and threads.
  • Ovrclck
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    That worked for me as well.
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.

    2 evga 1080s ftw hybrid
    7700k at 5.0ghz under 70c temp.
    16gb ram
    running the game at 3440x1440p a mix of high and ultra and AA lowest. Can play at 100fps with sometimes dips in the mid 80s. Changing settings all low or all ultra doesnt really give much improvment. The fps will still dip under 100 no matter the settings.
    Cpu running around 80-85% on all cores and threads.
    Do you have G-Sync?
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bee144 wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.

    2 evga 1080s ftw hybrid
    7700k at 5.0ghz under 70c temp.
    16gb ram
    running the game at 3440x1440p a mix of high and ultra and AA lowest. Can play at 100fps with sometimes dips in the mid 80s. Changing settings all low or all ultra doesnt really give much improvment. The fps will still dip under 100 no matter the settings.
    Cpu running around 80-85% on all cores and threads.
    Do you have G-Sync?

    I dont. Its a 100hz monitor but no gsync.
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    bee144 wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.

    2 evga 1080s ftw hybrid
    7700k at 5.0ghz under 70c temp.
    16gb ram
    running the game at 3440x1440p a mix of high and ultra and AA lowest. Can play at 100fps with sometimes dips in the mid 80s. Changing settings all low or all ultra doesnt really give much improvment. The fps will still dip under 100 no matter the settings.
    Cpu running around 80-85% on all cores and threads.
    Do you have G-Sync?

    I dont. Its a 100hz monitor but no gsync.

    Hmm, there’s a known issue with SLI and G-Sync. Maybe someone else has an idea.

    I’m ******* fed up with SLI so yesterday I bought a 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra. I’m going to sell both of my Titan Xp.

    So long headaches. Now I can actually enjoy gaming.
  • Vandiekins
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bee144 wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    bee144 wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    Dragam wrote: »
    Vandiekins wrote: »
    koerthis wrote: »
    Snipe3000 wrote: »
    Uninstalling the new drivers with the built-in "Clean install" setting and installing 416.34 worked for me. Also had to turn on the future frame rendering thing as well. Getting ~95% on both cards.

    Best solution

    Is is better than just using the bf1 profile? With the bf1 profile i get around 70% usage on both cards. they never reach 90% or high 80s.

    The bf1 profile gives 97% sli scaling. Sounds like a cpu or pcie bottleneck on your part. List your hardware, aswell as all ingame settings.

    2 evga 1080s ftw hybrid
    7700k at 5.0ghz under 70c temp.
    16gb ram
    running the game at 3440x1440p a mix of high and ultra and AA lowest. Can play at 100fps with sometimes dips in the mid 80s. Changing settings all low or all ultra doesnt really give much improvment. The fps will still dip under 100 no matter the settings.
    Cpu running around 80-85% on all cores and threads.
    Do you have G-Sync?

    I dont. Its a 100hz monitor but no gsync.

    Hmm, there’s a known issue with SLI and G-Sync. Maybe someone else has an idea.

    I’m ******* fed up with SLI so yesterday I bought a 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra. I’m going to sell both of my Titan Xp.

    So long headaches. Now I can actually enjoy gaming.

    I dont have gsync so i shouldnt have that problem, my issue is my cards are running around 80% while other people report a 90%+ usage on both.

    And yes a single card doesnt give headaches but today i was playing shadow of the tomb raider at 3440x1440p maxed out at a smooth 100 fps. So many game companies should learn from them. DX12 with working sli and 99% usage on both.
Sign In or Register to comment.