SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

• sKutDeath
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KazeKage79 wrote: »
    sKutDeath wrote: »
    My 2nd 2080 Ti stays idle, so no SLI/NVLINK support. PLEASE GIVE US SLI AND RTX FEATURES <3

You know RTX works only in DX12 right? and that DX12 will never support SLI...You have wasted a lot of money buddy

Never say Never, they will lose alot of supporters if they don't listen to the community. I know of many who didn't even get BF1 because of how the server administration got nerfed, (even worse than when DICE killed Map Modding).

Sorry to say but the SLI community if very small ( and I used to be part of it) compare to the rest. Nvidia themselves advise to use single card setup now. Nvidia and dice will not invest a lot of time for a small group of people. I rather them be more focused on getting the game optimized CPU wise and better netcode.

Then they will get increasingly less market share. Opinions are like bung holes, everybody has one. Even though it has been sold to alot of people that the corporation is king, it isn't the case. The customer will always speak with his/her wallet...
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My 2nd 2080 Ti stays idle, so no SLI/NVLINK support. PLEASE GIVE US SLI AND RTX FEATURES <3

You know RTX works only in DX12 right? and that DX12 will never support SLI...You have wasted a lot of money buddy

Never say Never, they will lose alot of supporters if they don't listen to the community. I know of many who didn't even get BF1 because of how the server administration got nerfed, (even worse than when DICE killed Map Modding).

Sorry to say but the SLI community if very small ( and I used to be part of it) compare to the rest. Nvidia themselves advise to use single card setup now. Nvidia and dice will not invest a lot of time for a small group of people. I rather them be more focused on getting the game optimized CPU wise and better netcode.

Then they will get increasingly less market share. Opinions are like bung holes, everybody has one. Even though it has been sold to alot of people that the corporation is king, it isn't the case. The customer will always speak with his/her wallet...

Of course but like I mentioned before there is not enough sli adopters to justify it. People will simply buy single card systems and move on.
  • Dragam
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Of course but like I mentioned before there is not enough sli adopters to justify it. People will simply buy single card systems and move on.

It is not quite as simple as that - assuming that a person has 1080 ti sli, then the performance degradation going from bf1 with sli support to bf5 without sli support (assuming that you are a n00b that can't just use nvidiainspector) is massive, even if you "upgrade" from 1080 ti sli to a single 2080 ti. You'd have a performance decrease of about 40% with said "upgrade" !

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SLI is working fine for me in BFV.

I’m using dual 1080’s and using DX11.

-CB
  • KazeKage79
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »

It is not quite as simple as that - assuming that a person has 1080 ti sli, then the performance degradation going from bf1 with sli support to bf5 without sli support (assuming that you are a n00b that can't just use nvidiainspector) is massive, even if you "upgrade" from 1080 ti sli to a single 2080 ti. You'd have a performance decrease of about 40% with said "upgrade" !

Upgrading sli every generation is very poor investment imo. Sli is poor investment in general as the scaling is never 100% and compability is never garanteed. I have learned that years ago when sli support was more followed by Nvidia.
  • jasonvp
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Upgrading sli every generation is very poor investment imo. Sli is poor investment in general as the scaling is never 100% and compability is never garanteed. I have learned that years ago when sli support was more followed by Nvidia.

It may seem a poor investment to you, but that doesn't mean others feel the same way. I'm one of those. For games that support SLI (and for games that take a minor profile edit to do so), there's simply no way to get the same performance level from one card as there is two. As it turns out, the Battlefield franchise is an excellent example of that. You may believe that a single 2080Ti is "good enough". And if it is good enough for you, that's fantastic; enjoy the game with your single card. I, on the other hand, am pushing 4K at 140FPS with most details set to "High", and there's no way a single 2080Ti will ever do that. Not in BFV, anyway.

So for me, it was an excellent investment. It always has been, IMHO. And I've been SLI'ing since it was a thing.

• KazeKage79
    jasonvp wrote: »

It may seem a poor investment to you, but that doesn't mean others feel the same way. I'm one of those. For games that support SLI (and for games that take a minor profile edit to do so), there's simply no way to get the same performance level from one card as there is two. As it turns out, the Battlefield franchise is an excellent example of that. You may believe that a single 2080Ti is "good enough". And if it is good enough for you, that's fantastic; enjoy the game with your single card. I, on the other hand, am pushing 4K at 140FPS with most details set to "High", and there's no way a single 2080Ti will ever do that. Not in BFV, anyway.

So for me, it was an excellent investment. It always has been, IMHO. And I've been SLI'ing since it was a thing.

To each his own of course, you always build a PC to accommodate your needs and that is perfectly fine. But you have to stay realistic and know that you are one of the very few with such setup.
    It does not make a lot of business sense to spend a lot of time and money to accommodate a small part of the market which does not bring most of the benefits. All they will do is the strict minimum to keep most of the player base happy that is it.
  • jasonvp
    183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It does not make a lot of business sense to spend a lot of time and money to accommodate a small part of the market which does not bring most of the benefits. All they will do is the strict minimum to keep most of the player base happy that is it.

And that's OK to believe that. In this specific case, though, you're wrong. NVidia has openly stated that they and Dice are working on a proper BFV SLI profile. The ETA for that is currently unknown, but it is coming. Until such time, we make a small edit and carry on with our two cards.

Now, what Dice does need to do is change their mind on DX12 mGPU. And they will. I can almost guarantee it. I'll bet that within a year's time, DX12 mGPU will be a thing in BFV since it already is in BF1.
  • NamelessForNow
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And that's OK to believe that. In this specific case, though, you're wrong. NVidia has openly stated that they and Dice are working on a proper BFV SLI profile. The ETA for that is currently unknown, but it is coming. Until such time, we make a small edit and carry on with our two cards.

Now, what Dice does need to do is change their mind on DX12 mGPU. And they will. I can almost guarantee it. I'll bet that within a year's time, DX12 mGPU will be a thing in BFV since it already is in BF1.

Especially since their much hyped ray tracing destroys your fps.
  • HiredRanger
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Zurv wrote: »
    *sigh*… come on.. SLI please..

(also ray tracing would be nice too)

What? Even Nvidia admitted it would be almost unplayable for practicle purposes. What are you doing to do? Make an ansel collage?
  • HiredRanger
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    omg read the Nvidia and Reddit forums. There is no longer an SLI profile in the NVidia drivers. That disappeared pretty quick. Using 416.94 and still the case. Tried various solutions posted around the web using custom configs. All proved to be bs. It wont happen until Nvidia decide it will. Get on their forums and tell them how much they suck. Because they do. Many Nvidia GPUs myself. This machine has 2x watercooled custom bios 1080ti.
  • KazeKage79

Only time will tell but I not very optimistic about it. If I am wrong, I might consider going SLI again.
  • Dragam
    865 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    omg read the Nvidia and Reddit forums. There is no longer an SLI profile in the NVidia drivers. That disappeared pretty quick. Using 416.94 and still the case. Tried various solutions posted around the web using custom configs. All proved to be bs. It wont happen until Nvidia decide it will. Get on their forums and tell them how much they suck. Because they do. Many Nvidia GPUs myself. This machine has 2x watercooled custom bios 1080ti.

It sounds like you should read up on how to use nvidiainspector, nooblet...

Sli scaling is nearly 100% with sli profile from bf1...

3jD5rUM.jpg
  • sKutDeath
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI Scaling in BFV using DX11 is working, correct. But some of us think that it should also be available for DX12. It would improve the DRX using two tensor core sets as oppossed to the one, (in my opinion). If anybody has got BFV scaling correctly with DX12 & DRX then please message me.
  • CartierOne
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,anyone install the last veriosn 417.22 ?
    How it's working the sli better or the same ? This version it's having sli suport for bfv or not :)? thanks.
  • DukeSan27
    1088 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI Scaling in BFV using DX11 is working, correct. But some of us think that it should also be available for DX12. It would improve the DRX using two tensor core sets as oppossed to the one, (in my opinion). If anybody has got BFV scaling correctly with DX12 & DRX then please message me.

DICE will not be adding support for DX12 mGPU.
  • Dragam
    CartierOne wrote: »
    Hello,anyone install the last veriosn 417.22 ?
    How it's working the sli better or the same ? This version it's having sli suport for bfv or not :)? thanks.

If it had an official sli profile for bf5, then it would have said in the patch notes - it doesn't, so it doesn't.

But as has been repeated about 100 million times in this thread, you can just use nvidiainspector to add the sli profile from bf1 to bf5... that gives near perfect scaling, and little to no bugs.
  • sKutDeath
    edited December 2018
    Has anyone noticed the new BFV SLI Profile with the new Nvidia update? Still only for DX11, but with the new optimizations for DTX it is starting to get better and better. Won't be long till DICE caves and gives SLI support to DX12 also in my opinion. Yes DukeSan27 I read what you wrote in guru also. I can't wait till you are proven wrong...
    Post edited by sKutDeath on
  • bigguyhawaii
    338 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018
    Mine is running great since I reloaded windows 1809. 980s sli. Gigabyte Z390 gaming sli, i5-9600k. 150-190 on open maps 120-150 on city maps.
  • Dragam
    Has anyone noticed the new BFV SLI Profile with the new Nvidia update? Still only for DX11, but with the new optimizations for DTX it is starting to get better and better. Won't be long till DICE caves and gives SLI support to DX12 also in my opinion. Yes DukeSan27 I read what you wrote in guru also. I can't wait till you are proven wrong...

No? Where did you obtain it from?