SLI & mGPU are Dead!

Comments

• jasonvp
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Dragam wrote: »
    No? Where did you obtain it from?

The latest NVidia driver released yesterday does not include a viable BFV SLI profile. It's the same one we've been dealing with for the last few versions: locked on a single GPU.
  • Dragam
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »

The latest NVidia driver released yesterday does not include a viable BFV SLI profile. It's the same one we've been dealing with for the last few versions: locked on a single GPU.

I am aware of that - i am thinking if geforce experience perhaps pushed an sli profile to him.
  • sKutDeath
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actually when I opened the NVidia Profiler I saw a different hash number for the profile. At least different to the one I had imported from the net. That is why I asked...
  • bee144
    237 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    jasonvp wrote: »

NVIDIA and DICE only care about Ray Tracing right now. They have been putting all of their efforts into fixing DXR and clearly don’t care about SLI.

That’s rather telling about the future state of SLI considering this is an NVIDIA sponsored title.

Life has been so much easier with just one card.
  • IdiotBox
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sKutDeath wrote: »
    Actually when I opened the NVidia Profiler I saw a different hash number for the profile. At least different to the one I had imported from the net. That is why I asked...

Does alleged "different" BF5 SLI profile actually work? If so, why didn't Nvidia mention it in the release notes?
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a 1080 SLI, last driver still really bad for me, they only cares RTX Nvidia pay a lot of money for sure to get all the developers working on it, old GTX will wait a lot. DX12 +SLI still bad for the moment
  • l__PlNGA__l
    20 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SLI disappear when I Activate DX12 still the same issues, only RTX players can be something different on the game. Any way to activate DX12 + SLI ?
  • FrontFighterHD
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I hope, when they gonna add SLI someday.. that there also will be those visual effects (like the snowfall on Narvik)...
    The Game in Non-Sli Looks actually really better for me, but I activated the SLI with the bf1 profile to get better performance on uwqhd.. 70-80fps single card, 110-120 in SLI.
  • sKutDeath
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    IdiotBox wrote: »

Does alleged "different" BF5 SLI profile actually work? If so, why didn't Nvidia mention it in the release notes?

Same as before... Great for DX11, no change for DX12...
  • Dragam
    858 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2018

Then post the freaking sli bits you have in nvidia inspector for it now...
  • sKutDeath
    I am at work atm. I can look tonight. Some of us have day jobs and are not sitting in front of our Gaming Rig. Thanks in advance for the patience...
  • Dragam
    I am at work atm. I can look tonight. Some of us have day jobs and are not sitting in front of our Gaming Rig. Thanks in advance for the patience...

You weren't when you wrote that comment last night...

It's like people going "oh, i found this great solution to this problem!" but then doesn't post what the actual solution was, and when prompted for it goes "i will post it later" /facepalm

Comes off as attention seeking, and nothing else.
  • Shtaff
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    sli id dead, games not optmise for, my last crossfire was 7970 in battlefield horrible.
  • Dragam
    Shtaff wrote: »
    sli id dead, games not optmise for, my last crossfire was 7970 in battlefield horrible.

Sorry, did you have anything relevant to say? No, i didn't so...
  • jasonvp
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bee144 wrote: »
    That’s rather telling about the future state of SLI considering this is an NVIDIA sponsored title.
    It's not "telling" about anything. NVidia and Dice are still working on a proper SLI profile for BFV according to NVidia. So you're free to believe what you like, but you're incorrect. :-)

• jasonvp
    Comes off as attention seeking, and nothing else.

He's mistaken, and it's as simple as that. Nothing has changed at all regarding SLI and BFV in the latest driver. And GeForce Experience hasn't "pushed" anything to him. He's imagining it or has mis-read something or whatever.

We're still at the same place we've been since the game launched: Single GPU until you edit the profile.
  • jasonvp
    Any way to activate DX12 + SLI ?

Nope. This won't take a simple "SLI Profile" edit like we've been doing for DX11. It's new code from Dice that will be required to support DX12 mGPU. And it's not in BFV (yet). So when you enable DX12, you're forced to use a single GPU.
  • sKutDeath
    edited December 2018
    Don't flatter yourself Dragam, some of us are on CET. I wrote that this morning from work. I get my attention otherwise. I was trying to contribute to a discussion. But now you can **** Dragam....
  • Dragam
    Don't flatter yourself Dragam, some of us are on CET. I wrote that this morning from work. I get my attention otherwise. I was trying to contribute to a discussion. But now you can **** Dragam....

If you wanted to contribute, you would have posted the sli bits...
  • sKutDeath
    edited December 2018

If you wanted to contribute, you would have posted the sli bits...

Are you dense? I wrote it from work..... And since when do you determine how a person contributes or not. Please Ingnore me as I have done you....