We have pushed a fix to address the issue with Rank 20 rewards. If you are missing your rewards for Class Rank 20, please play a match to completion and the Rewards should drop into your Armory.

Thanks for sticking with us.

SLI & mGPU are Dead!

bee144
227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited December 5
There’s no support for SLI on launch? Using 416.81.
Post edited by bee144 on

Comments

• Zurv
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    *sigh*… come on.. SLI please..

(also ray tracing would be nice too)
  • furiousreload
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My 2nd 2080 Ti stays idle, so no SLI/NVLINK support. PLEASE GIVE US SLI AND RTX FEATURES <3
  • Dragam
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Use the sli profile from bf1, gives perfect scaling, albeit with a few visual errors.

But yeah, i REALLY hope they give official sli support...
  • mr_ip3ngi
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    no SLI is ridiculous!
  • FlutterMuffin
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure that the previous driver 416.34 has a Battlefield V SLI profile, remember reading it in the changes
  • ProlapsedHalibut
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm pretty sure that the previous driver 416.34 has a Battlefield V SLI profile, remember reading it in the changes

It did, I played with it briefly yesterday without issue, installed the newest drivers and now my second card sits idle :neutral:
  • Carbonic
    738 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    SLI is supported and maintained by Nvidia. If SLI is not working at release they are the people to contact.
  • ProlapsedHalibut
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    SLI is supported and maintained by Nvidia. If SLI is not working at release they are the people to contact.

They work in conjunction with Dice according to this post on the Nvidia forums: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1079181/geforce-drivers/official-416-81-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-11-8-18-/post/5910161/#5910161
  • Carbonic
    738 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Sure, with DICE and Nvidia collaborating in BFV as it's also a RTX title that's only natural.
  • mr_ip3ngi
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    fyi guys NVIDIA SLI is broken in 416.81 but works ok in 416.34 dont upgrade if you have SLI I have two GTX 980 Ti's went back to 416.34 and im good now.
  • armoredmarmite
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    Currently, while I've found sli does sorta work, and scale quite well with the latest driver, there's a few bugs involving missing GPU accelerated particles, made a little YouTube vid showing the differences...

You can see the missing effects at several points throughout the clip, inc missing rain/sparks and dynamic leaves.
  • bee144
    227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Currently, while I've found sli does sorta work, and scale quite well with the latest driver, there's a few bugs involving missing GPU accelerated particles, made a little YouTube vid showing the differences...

You can see the missing effects at several points throughout the clip, inc missing rain/sparks and dynamic leaves.
    is this using the nvispector hack or the older driver?

• bee144
    Also, I still encounter low GPU usage with SLI and G-Sync enabled. This is a documented issue for a lot of games.

It’s frustrating to see this is still going on, even after news outlets picked up on the issue and called out NVIDIA.

Time to sell my two Titan Xp and switch to a single 2080Ti
  • armoredmarmite
    bee144 wrote: »

is this using the nvispector hack or the older driver?

Current driver, but SLI compatibility bits set to bf1/sw battlefront etc.. I see the same results with the previous driver too though.
  • TheUhu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    Also, I still encounter low GPU usage with SLI and G-Sync enabled. This is a documented issue for a lot of games.

It’s frustrating to see this is still going on, even after news outlets picked up on the issue and called out NVIDIA.

I have 2 2080ti's and they are horrible when it comes to performance on BF1 and BFV by now...
  • HeavyGroovez
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TheUhu wrote: »

I have 2 2080ti's and they are horrible when it comes to performance on BF1 and BFV by now...

Same, I'm selling one. 2 x RTX 2080Ti are a nightmare with NVLINK and the SLI profile, complete mess.
  • CartierOne
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello,so can i install the driver 416.34 back and it still not working the Sli.
    After that i did tray to put the settings from BF1 on the BFv profile with nvidia insepctor and still not working. DO you know how to make this work with the 416.34 driver ? thanks.
  • labtud
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    any of you tried dx12 to see if dice coded in mgpu ? i doubt they did but if they did you won't need driver support for it.
  • armoredmarmite
    edited November 10
    CartierOne wrote: »
    Hello,so can i install the driver 416.34 back and it still not working the Sli.
    After that i did tray to put the settings from BF1 on the BFv profile with nvidia insepctor and still not working. DO you know how to make this work with the 416.34 driver ? thanks.

It should work fine with the 416.34 driver, no tweaking needed, just make sure you're in dx11 mode as dx12 doesn't work with multi gpu in bfV yet. You don't need to change anything in the control panel either, just leave everything on "Nvidia recommended" settings and it'll automatically use both cards.

You only need to use nvinspector if you're using 416.81, then I'd either recommend the bf1 compatibility bits or the star wars battlefront II bits, both work equally well, but you'll be missing some effects like rain/sparks/snow and dynamic leaves. (*note, those effects will also be missing using the older driver) Using the newer driver, you'll notice that under ""Sli rendering mode" in the control panel, it'll still say "single gpu", don't change it, as long as you've changed the compatibility bits it'll still run using both cards, if you try to force AFR the game will hang on the intro screen.
  • reverb_za
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tried both drivers - same performance on both.

Cards only at 40% usage and cant get over 60FPS

2x1080ti with 5960x @4.4Ghz

Please help if anybody can advise